{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

+38
Marty042
Reb Stew
Brownie
TurboPinto
John B
Chris55
Arieldouglas
Crucial
falconwagon62
hotrodaaron77
Torque
jbs10
Z-YOU
Admin
Vickers
cornfield customs
SMOKNZ
Butch Thompson
hp77skylark
Hellvis
chev_hotrod
ss 383
CustomCabby
magicman_1968
cruisinlow71
DEMONSPEED
FalconEddie1964
RustyKarr
JRiggs
6-71Kid
LRS30
xycho_wraith
big dogs 42
silveradolady
Cratethis
Lady rebel
RebStew
Rebel girl
42 posters

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by RebStew March 16th 2010, 6:16 am

Wet at factory it was almost 3800. not sure now.
It's pretty well gutted. Power windows, trunk, locks & power steering stuff. Wiper motor, wiper arms, heater box and AC stuff are gone. Almost 70 pounds worth of bumper is gone. Gas tank was replace with cell, wheel wells, sway bar, radio, all insulation and interior is gutted. 'glass hood. 79 to 81 was really nose heavy. I never cut the body up. Just the stuff I could replace easy.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by magicman_1968 March 16th 2010, 12:55 pm

Hey Steve i talked to Bill the other day and he cut that reaend out and he said 250.00 with the traction bars
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 18th 2010, 6:15 am

I pulled out some goodies and did a little work on the 1/4. No you don't use the big hammer. LOL. I use it for a dolly in some spots.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 007-16
before
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 004-11
after
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 003-17
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 008-10
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 002-17

I still have alot more to go but the metal is working out alot better than I thought it would. I will have to make me a spoon or a rounded off flat bar to get to the bottom of the crease. The trunk floor drops about 3 inches above the lowest part of the dent. I can't get my hammers in there to it. I will get it though with a little home made job I am going to make. The crease over the top of the dent came out with just dolly work. It will get better after I get the paint off and can work the metal a little more.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis March 18th 2010, 12:12 pm

lookin good
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel March 18th 2010, 7:03 pm

I knew you where always good at using your hands but now with tools. Wow I think I better keep you. Just kidding I love to watch you work. (on cars) for all the non pg rated people...
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis March 18th 2010, 11:20 pm

Lady rebel wrote:I knew you where always good at using your hands but now with tools. Wow I think I better keep you. Just kidding I love to watch you work. (on cars) for all the non pg rated people...

Uhhh... no comment. Shocked
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 19th 2010, 3:30 am

Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 21st 2010, 12:18 am

I've seen this trick a million times before, you show the un-dented factory 1/4 in the last pictures, then dent it and post them first... uh huh got you figured out STEWART, you think your slick don't ya!
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 21st 2010, 5:10 am

Ya got me. lol
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 3rd 2010, 9:46 am

I've been thinking of making the Fire Chicken more streetable. I've been running around for the last few years with slicks on it. Knowing we was going cruising tonight I went and bought some radials. 10 1/2" foot print. I'd have to say at first I liked it but they don't hook at all. I've grown use to those slicks on the street I guess. I'm not sure how fast I was going maybe 30 mph or more in 2nd gear and let it rip on the bridge from Covington to Newport. It walked the backside a little and just went up in smoke. I guess I can't have it both ways. It's not going to be a slug but I'm going to slow it down some. After all the driving tonight there will be some changes. 456's are coming out as well as my 90/10 shocks and the automatic. 4 speed is going back in along with the sway bar and power steering and the interior.
Thanks Corey for switching the wheels today.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 019-3
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 19th 2010, 9:40 pm

Got my 342 gear today in the mail. I need to catch up with Terry and see when he has a free day.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by ss 383 April 19th 2010, 10:20 pm

sounds like we mite see the bird fly Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 Icon_lol on the 25th Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 Icon_lol???????
ss 383
ss 383
Scrounger

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 20th 2010, 2:28 am

ss 383 wrote:sounds like we mite see the bird fly Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 Icon_lol on the 25th Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 Icon_lol???????
Not sure yet. Not too far off and I have alot of stuff to do still. Either way I will be there to watch and help if anyone needs it.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel April 20th 2010, 3:34 am

11 pages on the bird. Now that's progress...
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 20th 2010, 5:44 am

Lady rebel wrote:11 pages on the bird. Now that's progress...
just chatter. It's the same as it's always been. clown
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 April 20th 2010, 5:52 am

did ya get it runnin with the new set up....
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 20th 2010, 5:58 am

magicman_1968 wrote:did ya get it runnin with the new set up....
No I went today and grabbed my parts that I ordered through Advance. I may go out in the morning and finish it up. I'm going with the family to the Reds game so I'm not sure I'll get it going. Should be able to but we will see.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 20th 2010, 11:22 pm

Last week I dug our some window trim and had them powder coated black. This is the first time I have had anything powder coated. They say it holds up well. They came out pretty nice. It was a little scary sending these off. It is getting hard to come by this trim that is not all dinged up. Pics came out bad but you get what I mean.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 001-16

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 018-8
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 22nd 2010, 7:25 pm

I'm not sure why I got the bug to work on the Bird this year. The night we went out running around pretty much set it in stone that I was going to be working on the Bird this summer. It's been sitting idle for way to long.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 057-1
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 054-1
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 22nd 2010, 7:28 pm

Years ago I was bit by the blower bug and always wanted a 671 blower in the car. When the 871 started popping up the bug got worse. There is no way right now I can afford a 871 so I bought a tunnel ram. Maybe driving around a few years with the carbs sitting in my face will save me 4K if I don't like it. If I do, which I know I will maybe down the road I'll buy the 871 blower for it.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 22nd 2010, 7:38 pm

One of my big mistakes in life. This hood! I wanted a 5" cowl hood. Why a 5" ? Because the engines sit high in the bay on these F Bodies and with the aftermarket intake, NOS plates ect I run you couldn't get a hood on it. This was years ago and you couldn't buy a 5" cowl hood for a Firebird. So what to do??? Give a Unlimited Fiberglass over 800 bucks to make a mold. Yeap you guessed it. This goofball paid to have the mold made. You can now buy this same hood, years later for less than 300 bucks. Because of my mold. What a waist of money..
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 012-10
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 011-13
Off with the old set up.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 016-6
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 22nd 2010, 7:40 pm

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 003-4
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 22nd 2010, 7:46 pm

One of the last hoods I have in stock. This one has sit around so long that it looked black. I washed it once before this picture. It took about 4 wash jobs with Ajacks to get the grime off.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 001-6
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 004-3

It doesn't matter where I work. In the garage, dirt floor barn or on the sidewalk. I think everyone on the street thinks I'm nuts by now anyway so what's it matter. lol
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 006-4
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 22nd 2010, 7:51 pm

I cut it out close enough to get an idea of where everything needed to be cut. I marked everything out and then tossed the hood in the truck and drove back out to the barn to use the plazma cutter to cut the final cut. Working my way around all the gas lines, linkage ect ect. I'm not going to do any bodywork on the hood yet. I still need to get my Hilborn Scoop and put it on so the hood will have to be cut again to clear it.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 7 008-3
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by chev_hotrod April 23rd 2010, 3:09 am

looks good bro i like the 2 fours
chev_hotrod
chev_hotrod
Scrounger

Number of posts : 462

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next