{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

+38
Marty042
Reb Stew
Brownie
TurboPinto
John B
Chris55
Arieldouglas
Crucial
falconwagon62
hotrodaaron77
Torque
jbs10
Z-YOU
Admin
Vickers
cornfield customs
SMOKNZ
Butch Thompson
hp77skylark
Hellvis
chev_hotrod
ss 383
CustomCabby
magicman_1968
cruisinlow71
DEMONSPEED
FalconEddie1964
RustyKarr
JRiggs
6-71Kid
LRS30
xycho_wraith
big dogs 42
silveradolady
Cratethis
Lady rebel
RebStew
Rebel girl
42 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 6 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by RebStew July 27th 2009, 9:43 am

Track was a wash out again. Seems like all it does is rain on days we have stuff to do. I found a 750 Holley today while I was cleaning out the garage. I have no idea where it came from. I spent about hour and half shaving the choke off and smoothing out some sharp edges. I'm hoping to get Joe to do his magic on it. Very Happy I could rebuild it but man it seems like he has magic fingers when it come to the Holleys. I may not go to the track this weekend and just wait to get the carb on. I will hopefully get the juice bottle filled and put the plate on it when I put the Holley on it.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 6 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by magicman_1968 July 27th 2009, 10:35 am

Thanks for the roses man Very Happy ....drop it off and i will take care of it....i sure hope to go to the track this weekend Smile ....im gettin tired of draggin my trailer home every weekend 😢 ....
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 27th 2009, 5:05 pm

Cool. I'll drop it off. I have my tow dolley down here if you would rather use it. Save you from dragging the big trailer around.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 20th 2009, 2:40 am

Got the back rims on & a couple of header bombs.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 6 010-6
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 September 3rd 2009, 8:18 pm

i got your carb done if ya want to pick it up before i take off today......i didnt try it out on my project x like i always do ....... Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 4th 2009, 4:52 pm

Thanks for doing the carb Joe. I'm going to put the juice plate on when I do the carb swap. I am looking to suck the blue paint off of an S10 Very Happy

Last edited by RebStew on May 2nd 2011, 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs September 4th 2009, 6:14 pm

i heard that the little dime could blow the doors off that fire chicken..... lol.... guess the chicken part is true... ha ha
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 5th 2009, 12:43 am

She's not scared. Just still blowing the cobb webs off from her long nap.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by DEMONSPEED September 5th 2009, 5:50 am

cant touch this
DEMONSPEED
DEMONSPEED
Scrounger

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 5th 2009, 6:09 am

Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs September 5th 2009, 10:12 pm

THAT WAS A GOOD ONE.... Very Happy
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 9th 2009, 2:03 pm

I primered the rest of the 'Bird out for the Newport Car Show. Not that the car is worth showing but it was fun to have it sitting at the show. Kevin went off on the car with the pin stripes.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 6 095-2
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 6 099-2
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 6 Bildey
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 6 100-1
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 6 074
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 6 075-1
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 9th 2009, 2:11 pm

Joe redid a Holley for me. It should let the motor open up and breath better for sure. I found a new problem. The 4 wheel disk that are on the car will not let me line lock the car to get the slicks hot. I took it out the other day and figured I'd see how it would take off. I pushed the brake through the floor seemed like and cut it loose. The car bolted out in a shot and slung me sideways. It happened quick and I almost ended up in the ditch trying to get it straight. I guess a line lock will now go on it.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by CustomCabby September 10th 2009, 12:45 pm

Man, that thar car sho is purdy!

CustomCabby
Restorer

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 11th 2010, 2:41 am

As some of you know my dad backed the Bobcat into the car over the winter. Everyone keeps telling me it's not that bad. I know it could have been worse but this is/was a bondo free car. I'll see what I can do with it when the weather gets hotter. I want the suns heat to help move the metal when I start so I'm not going to rush it. I also need to pull the NOS and the brackets to get in there to it.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 6 004-11
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by CustomCabby March 11th 2010, 3:24 am

I almost started to ask when you painted it before I looked closer. Now you know what it looks like with a nice shiney black finish.

CustomCabby
Restorer

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 11th 2010, 7:00 am

It was a nice shiney charcoal when I got it and then a nice shiney white. It may get a shiney black soon. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by CustomCabby March 11th 2010, 12:36 pm

Bright shiney white with blue flames! Oh, yeah!!!! cheers

CustomCabby
Restorer

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 15th 2010, 3:29 pm

I have been thinking hard about what to do with the Bird. It has been set up to run in a straight line for a long time. The only time it has been away from the city was like 4 years ago when I had the 355 in it all built up. I swapped the rearend and drove it down on the Somernites Cruise. I tossed a 241 geared rearend in the back, it was cool to run it down the highway.
What I may do but haven't made up my mind is to set it up a little on the mild side and put a 4 speed back in it. That way I can beat on it a little and if I want to drive it out of town I can swap the rearend and take off.
It seems I like to hit the road more than the track and I think I'd have more fun out of the car if I was able to drive it. down the highway and get out of town from time to time. Not really sure what I wil do yet. I guess I'm just thinking out loud. One thing I know is with it stripped down for racing I won't put a paint job on it. I think it may be time to redo the inside and put some color on it. The car hasn't had color on it in 8 or 9 years.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis March 15th 2010, 3:40 pm

Not a bad idea. Especially with not being able to get to the track that often. And then you'll also have something for when it's going to be off and on rain and you can't take the 27-T out.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 6 Empty broken wing

Post by ss 383 March 16th 2010, 3:24 am

whats wrong with haven it both ways.put interior back in it and paint it .put a 373- 342- 330-gear in it .will still be fast on street or track theres alot of fast cars with highway gears and full interior that to me is the best of both worlds ready to cruise or ready to race .
ss 383
ss 383
Scrounger

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 16th 2010, 4:20 am

ss 383 wrote:whats wrong with haven it both ways.put interior back in it and paint it .put a 373- 342- 330-gear in it .will still be fast on street or track theres alot of fast cars with highway gears and full interior that to me is the best of both worlds ready to cruise or ready to race .
That's pretty much what I'm wanting to do. Right now the car has no interior other than one seat. No front bumper. Just the rubber nose. If someone hit it or I wreck it the car is totled. Someone backing into it at 15 MPH will bend my cowl because there is nothing there. The fender would push the cowl back. It has 456's with a 3800 stall, 90/10 shocks, no sway bar on the front, with 3 1/2 front runners and 10.5 slicks on the back. I drive it like you would a street car. It's sitting outside now with the slicks on it. It's just not as streetable as it should be. Putting the car back to normal will slow it way down. These cars are porky and I have shaved the weight out of her through the years. I like the car the way it is but I'm just tired of seeing it looking so rough.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by ss 383 March 16th 2010, 5:48 am

are u goin to race it this summer sounds like its ready for the track .
ss 383
ss 383
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 16th 2010, 5:52 am

ss 383 wrote:are u goin to race it this summer sounds like its ready for the track .
She's ready. I need to change my carb( no biggie ) and I need to put a line lock on it. I can't get the back tires to heat up. With the disk brake rear end it won't let the tires cut loose untill the fronts do to. Trying to line lock it with your foot is very interesting. bounce
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by ss 383 March 16th 2010, 6:04 am

?do u know how much that car weighd stock.and how much it weighs now?
ss 383
ss 383
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next