{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dave Sargent (TireSmoke55) found shot

+12
cutlass.olds
Glenn
Lady rebel
magicman_1968
6-71Kid
big dogs 42
The Skirt
Mr. Fabulous
LRS30
xycho_wraith
John B
RebStew
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dave Sargent (TireSmoke55) found shot Empty Dave Sargent (TireSmoke55) found shot

Post by RebStew March 3rd 2009, 12:08 am

For the ones that don't know, Dave was shot last night. No matter what anyone thought of Dave he was around the crew alot and his uncle is a member of the club. DO NOT BE DISRESPECTFULL. I tried to stop and check on Double D but he wasn't home. I'd like to see some of the guys that knew Dave to get their cars fired up for the funeral. He wanted to cruise on the night of his dads death and I'm sure that is the way he would want it. So if you can make it please bring your hot rod. I'll let you know if I hear anything. Our prayers are with his family.

Last edited by RebStew on March 15th 2009, 8:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Dave Sargent (TireSmoke55) found shot Empty Re: Dave Sargent (TireSmoke55) found shot

Post by John B March 3rd 2009, 12:10 am

Steve, we'll have you guys in our thoughts and prayers. If you need any thing from the Cruiser Crew don't hesitate to holler.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Dave Sargent (TireSmoke55) found shot Empty Re: Dave Sargent (TireSmoke55) found shot

Post by RebStew March 3rd 2009, 4:41 am

I still haven't talked to Dennis but now the news is saying it was self inflicted. Joey and I were talking and he thinks that tomorrow will be the 3rd year anniversary of is fathers death. It must have sent him over the edge. It still sounds funny about how it happen but I guess time will tell more.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 3rd 2009, 7:54 am

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 3rd 2009, 7:56 am

i watched the news all day the Bengals was the # 1 thing Chan 9 was the only one to mention it at all that i could find

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 4th 2009, 6:56 am

This is getting more strange. Who shoots themself in the belly if they are trying to kill themself? Paper is still not talking about the two different walls of blood splatter. How would there be two spots if he was shot one time?
A little from the paper:
An autopsy Tuesday confirmed Dave Sargent, 27, died of a single gunshot wound to the stomach, said Campbell County Police Chief Keith Hill. Sargent was found dead in the doorway of his vehicle restoration business at about 2 p.m. Monday.

Sargent ran the business in the basement of a video store at the corner of Oak Street and Ky. 8 in Silver Grove. The owner of the video store found the body and notified authorities. Evidence, which included a trail of blood in the building, showed Sargent was shot inside and stumbled to the door, according to police.

A gun was found next to Sargent's body, Hill said. The police aren't releasing what type of gun it was until the investigation is complete.

A ballistics test will determine whether the bullet came from the same gun and a gun residue test on Sargent's hands will determined whether he fired it, Hill said.

"We have no suspect and no proof that he was shot by someone," Hill said. "It could be a suicide. We are treating it as a homicide until we find out differently."
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 4th 2009, 8:42 am

who's going to the funeral besides me and Steve ...post the arrangements as soon as any one hears any thing I'm guessing saturday

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 4th 2009, 5:30 pm

First off...
Double D called. He has asked that everyone that can come to the layout if you would please drive your hotrod. Anyone that knew Dave knows that he would have wanted it this way. I'm asking for myself,A personal favor! Blow the tarps off you rod and PLEASE make a showing.

NOW ON TO AN UPDATE. The more I hear about this the more pissed I am becoming. Dave was shot one time. Through his gut and it hit an organ and on went out through the back. He had a 357 laying next to him. Now is where it gets strange. I'm not sure where they found the casing but it was a 38. Now before anyone freaks out, you can shoot 38's through a 357. EDITED...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX So it's starting to sound like something other than him doing it to himself to me. Like I said it's all just bits and pieces so far.
They have still not released the body either. Deb is going today to take care of the funeral. It was said that they didn't have any money to put him to rest so if anyone care to help out it would be nice. If you are not wanting to give it to them you can drop it off here and I will make sure the family gets it.

Last edited by RebStew on March 4th 2009, 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 4th 2009, 5:43 pm

somethings def wrong but any one with common sense knows the cops will mess up ...sounds like somebody's up in tennessee or Ohio with a wound ?/

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 4th 2009, 6:01 pm

I'm going to move the rest of the info to the private thread for members so I don't hurt the rest of the investigation. So check on there for updates. Anything other than the investigation I will post it here.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 4th 2009, 11:16 pm

Dave's services will be on Sunday from 2 to 5. At Dobb's in Bellevue, Ky. If you are driving your rod we are going to be parking in the Dobb's parking lot and then go from there after the services to run the strip.
DRIVE YOUR HOT ROD!
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 4th 2009, 11:22 pm

Double D just left. He is in pretty bad shape. He said to tell everyone thanks for the well wish's. He also said that the one thing that he knows Dave's mom wants and what Dave would have wanted was a few hot rods at the funeral. Dennis said even it if was just 5 cars it would mean alot. Guys I know we should be able to fill the parking lot. Let's do this and send Dave out the way he would have wanted it.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 5th 2009, 7:24 pm

Steve Sunday is going to be real busy for me, but I will see if I can find a driver for Sunday. I'm not supposed to drive for 2 weeks (modern equipped cars that is, yet alone a ms/mb/3 on da tree jalopy).I hope everything works out for his family and they get they're questions answered. I had my kids drop a prayer request at church last night....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 5th 2009, 7:38 pm

LRS30 wrote:I had my kids drop a prayer request at church last night....
Thanks Ryan......
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous March 5th 2009, 7:57 pm

RebStew wrote:[b]Dave's services will be on Sunday from 2 to 5. At Dobb's in Bellevue, Ky.
Have ya got an address so I can do a mapquest if needed?
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Skirt March 5th 2009, 10:19 pm

i wont be able to go on sunday i have to work , john wants to go so someone buddy up with him. my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. god rest his soul Sad

Last edited by The Skirt on March 5th 2009, 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
The Skirt
The Skirt
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 March 5th 2009, 11:11 pm

The dog will be there.
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 5th 2009, 11:24 pm

The Skirt wrote:i wont be able to go on sunday i have to work , john wants to go so someone buddy up with him. my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. god rest his soul Sad
really john ok then im going but my car is hard to drive so either i stay in the back or ride with my brother ?

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by The Skirt March 6th 2009, 3:39 am

the gto wont be able to go so its the truck or nothing ken bro
The Skirt
The Skirt
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 6th 2009, 6:57 am

Drive your car Kenny. We need to make a line of hot rods.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid March 6th 2009, 4:11 pm

I really wish I could go. But right now I don't even have one running car. I'll be praying for him and his family. I think I only meet Dave once but this just sucks to hear about anybody getting shot.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 6th 2009, 7:17 pm

i was just rambling I'm heading to the house in a min 2 start cleaning the car up some

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 March 7th 2009, 5:45 am

are we gonna get together before going down there or just cruise out after the services....
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 7th 2009, 6:03 pm

magicman_1968 wrote:are we gonna get together before going down there or just cruise out after the services....
Whatever ya want to do Joe.. I think Doug Ice and The Dog are coming here first so we could meet here or where ever and drive in together if you want. I'll leave it up to you. What time was you wanting to start ?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 7th 2009, 6:10 pm

RebStew wrote:F I'd like to see some of the guys that knew Dave to get their cars fired up for the funeral. He wanted to cruise on the night of his dads death and I'm sure that is the way he would want it. So if you can make it please bring your hot rod..
I don't ask for much, well okay seems like I do but I really hope we can make a showing of cars to support Dave's last get together. Rain or shine, it's on. Some guys are meeting here at my house around around 1 to 1:30 If you can't make it here we will see you at Dobb's on the Ave.

RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next