{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone up for a road trip this fall? Old Mexico?

+5
John B
xycho_wraith
6-71Kid
big dogs 42
RebStew
9 posters

Go down

Anyone up for a road trip this fall? Old Mexico? Empty Anyone up for a road trip this fall? Old Mexico?

Post by RebStew January 10th 2009, 4:18 am

Okay fellas.. This sounds a little crazy but anyone that knows me knows I'm for real. I've always wanted to take a trip down to old Mexico in a hot rod. So this fall when the temp cools down a bit I'm going. Anyone with enough balls to drive out with me are more than welcome to go. split hotel rooms, cheap grub, eating from choke and pukes and IGA store along the way to save money. No straight trip through but about a week and a half run down to old Mexico for some T.J. Tuck N Roll.
Riding shotgun is not what I'm after. I'm looking for cars to make the run. You have almost a year to get your ride ready and to get time off work. This will be a cruise that you will never forget if you choose to try it.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Anyone up for a road trip this fall? Old Mexico? Empty Re: Anyone up for a road trip this fall? Old Mexico?

Post by big dogs 42 January 10th 2009, 4:27 am

I would like to go got to get that old ford in shape though as long as its not during the shades of the past run in tenn. in sept. Smile maybe we can check out the poles in t.j. cheers
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Anyone up for a road trip this fall? Old Mexico? Empty Re: Anyone up for a road trip this fall? Old Mexico?

Post by 6-71Kid January 12th 2009, 8:18 pm

I'd like to take the trip but I won't be able to say for sure untill it gets closer. And since I don't have a Hot Rod I might just have to cruise along on my bike.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith January 15th 2009, 9:33 am

id love to go never in my life have i got to do any thing close to this but with a shortage on money id say i can tag along w some one throw a cut in on gas what knot

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by John B January 15th 2009, 6:39 pm

Nows the time to decide. If I remember right, you'll need a passport now.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 15th 2009, 7:42 pm

Yep. Mexico and Canada.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith January 15th 2009, 11:22 pm

all this mexico talk makes me crave tacos

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RsvBill January 16th 2009, 2:05 pm

if we could get some better info on route and dates, i would be up for it. need to make arrangements for the wife and dogs. :-)

god willing and with lots of scrounger help the olds will be up and running.

Bill
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 16th 2009, 4:38 pm

I'm already working on the route and timing for stops. I should have it somewhat figured out with a week or so. Trying to work around the shows up here is holding me up. Does anyone know when the shade of the past is? What dates? I may try this around the first of Sep. I remember some years back it got pretty cold in ealy Sep. at night. I may be driving a car with no roof so I don't want to be freezing driving at night.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by John B January 21st 2009, 5:28 pm

I would invite Amie's brother on a trip to Mexico but he'd punch me in the face. He spent a week in a mexican jail about nine years back. Cost thousands of dollars to get him released, plus he lost like fifteen pounds while he was in there. To this day he gets mad when you talk about Mexico.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 21st 2009, 6:28 pm

John B wrote: He spent a week in a mexican jail about nine years back. plus he lost like fifteen pounds while he was in there.

Maybe the Dog and I should go spend the summer!! pig
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 21st 2009, 8:06 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:
John B wrote: He spent a week in a mexican jail about nine years back. plus he lost like fifteen pounds while he was in there.

Maybe the Dog and I should go spend the summer!! pig
U R ate up Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 January 21st 2009, 8:11 pm

Mexico yes jail no thank you . Smile
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 21st 2009, 8:39 pm

Maybe we could go and just drink the water to lose a few Lbs.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 January 22nd 2009, 3:31 am

Yeah Dog, Jose Cuervo and some water. You won't even feel MOntzuma's revenge!
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith January 22nd 2009, 12:04 pm

mexico jail thats a place i aint been think ill stay in ol ky

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 22nd 2009, 6:05 pm

xycho_wraith wrote:mexico jail thats a place i aint been think ill stay in ol ky
You have been in the rest of them you may as well try a Mexican one... Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith January 22nd 2009, 7:34 pm

i hear the foods bad

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 13th 2009, 3:16 pm

On June 1, 2009, U.S. citizens must present a passport book, passport card, or other travel documents approved by the U.S. government to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land borders and sea ports of entry.
Want to learn more about the new travel requirements? Need to apply for your passport? Then please join us on…

Passport day in the USA
Date: March 28, 2008
Time: 10:00 am until 3:00 pm
Place:

City of Newport
998 Monmouth Street
Multi-Purpose Room
Newport, KY 41071

You must have two pictures, original birth certificate and two checks (one to go with your application and one for the City's fee).

Questions: Evone Bradley, City Clerk 859-292-3668
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 March 14th 2009, 3:09 am

Drug lords down there fighting and killing people......Gov. put a warning on travel in mexico......
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down