{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drag Car Poll?

3 posters

Go down

Drag Car Poll? Empty Drag Car Poll?

Post by LRS30 October 29th 2007, 12:58 am

From where I stand it looks as if the Full Members of the KY Chapter of the Scroungers are (or seem ) intrested in doing a club drag car...
1. Its lots of WORK!
2. Can be done on the cheap side (if fun is what you want to have).
3. Everyone involved has to have an idea on how they want to do it, and those ideas have to be shared as a whole...None of this Bullshit,- he wants it this way, I think we should do it that way Bullshit.That shit does not fly!
4.There is no sole owner, other than the club! So don't offer items if you want them back a week later.
5. Everyone involved (works, donates parts) should have a chance to drive it.
I know I have not been voted in (or even been thought of being voted in!), but I've lurked around here for a while and have lots of track time. I've seen things go bad in situations like this. You all seem like a good bunch of guys with the same motive.This is an outsiders opinion, I'm willing to kick in some bucks and lots of time and tools as well, but want to see what everyones thoughts are..
Style/era car/truck/wagon the club wants.
Amount Available to buy car!.
And who has space to store such vehicle..
Like I said I'm a outsider looking in, but want to hit the track again, I'm curious to see what donations can be counted on to purchase a car. I'm a broke SOMBITCH but I can swing a $50 dollar donation now and maybe more by weeks end...SO as it Stands on my end $50 Dollars in the pot I will give the money to the Pres. and then he can give it to whom ever the Treas. is(Jonathan is that you now?)... So lets here it guys/gals thoughts inputs donations... It will go a lot easier if the club knows what its got to deal with...
SORRY TO THE OFFICERS IF I HAVE OVER STEPPED MY BOUNDRIES< JUST HOPPED UP ON THE IDEA AND WANT TO SEE IT HAPPEN< NO HARD FEELINGS I HOPE", Ryan
Oh yhea and I think Steve posted the official does and don't of donations for a club drag car, some may seem redundant but these are just my thoughts please feel free to post your ideas as well, club members..
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Drag Car Poll? Empty Re: Drag Car Poll?

Post by RebStew October 29th 2007, 4:31 am

that is one thing I want to stress. Ryan knows how the HA/GR deal went down. one thing we should have all learn from that deal is that what is given as a donation is property of the club. it will stay on the car. if for some reason we can't use it later down the road? we will then sell it on ebay or something and buy something we need for the car. the race car money is not being funded by what we have in the treasure chest. we will have to spring for stuff out of our own pockets and through parts donations. I have talked to a few of the members about this and everyone seems to want this to happen. I have also been told by a lot of people that they don't have the cash to help out. I don't want anyone taking money out of their pockets that don't have to spare. if you can chip in 5 or 10 bucks then great if more that would be really good but don't give money that you can't afford to give . there will be small stuff down the road ,if you are in a bind now help out later. we could use a hand wrenching and that shouldn't be a problem for most. the little Chevy Luv is looking to be the best car I looked at so far. only because of everything it has on it already. I have been lookin' and Ryan and I may go look at a 58 truck tomorrow.
one thing we need to come up with some cash for is the body. the luv is 600 buy it now. not sure what the bid will go for. if you guys like the Luv we need to get some cash together. like I said if you can spare 5 bucks that may be what it takes to win the bid. If we end up with something like the luv, we can race it and look for something older to fix later. if we buy something else we can sell the Luv and make enough cash to maybe even toss a nice engine in the next one. I have $200.00 I can toss at a body. thats about all I can afford right now. with Ryan that makes $250.00. if we are going to get the Luv we need to make up our mind within 3 days . that when the auction ends.
my 36 truck can go down the street and we can work on what ever we get behind my house. if someone else has a better place we can do it there. or move it around to spot to spot if it helps people out that wants to work on it. also I know that Cole wants to race and if any of the Ohio guys want to play that is more than fine with me.I hope you do

Last edited by on November 18th 2007, 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 29th 2007, 4:32 am

man I need to learn short hand lol. anyway. thats 250 bucks to work with so far. anyone spare 5 bucks What a Face
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs October 29th 2007, 2:11 pm

ryan, amy stewart is the treas. im the secretary.
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down