{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine and tranny angle

3 posters

Go down

Engine and tranny angle Empty Engine and tranny angle

Post by RsvBill August 11th 2008, 3:12 am

Ok so tonight i was able to slap the engine and tranny together, still need to replace the tourque converter, I have a new flywheel... but it does not match up to the t/c. Now before I cut and weld the engine mounts what engle do i want to acheive? any rule of thumb or ideas... the tranny is a TH350 long shaft, I have the option for the short shaft but not sure is one betther than the other? reguardless i have a complete rebuilding kit so i can use either but not sure about the mounting area i will have a custom driveshaft created after the rest is done and i finally get the rear end.

give me your knowledge

bill
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

Engine and tranny angle Empty Re: Engine and tranny angle

Post by 1/2done August 11th 2008, 4:26 am

You want the carb to be level.
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 11th 2008, 7:34 pm

What Bill said... There is an angle to the engine but when you put the intake on it the intake itself has the angle(degree) made into it. If you look at the intake it sits higher in the back. The angle help the carb sit level. So with the intake on the engine use the flat part where the carb bolts on for your angle(degree) and makes it level. The intake itself will give the engine it's angle it needs. Did all that make sence??LOL
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down