{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

selling on craigslist

5 posters

Go down

selling on craigslist Empty selling on craigslist

Post by RsvBill May 16th 2008, 7:34 pm

So let me say i have been getting rid of crap on craigslist, and there are some true morons out there, i have shit from people trying to send me check for more than the amount and asking to send them the difference. funny they never can talk to you on phone , but their secratary alwasy make the wrong amount. anyone else have those fun people?

Bill
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

selling on craigslist Empty Re: selling on craigslist

Post by Mr. Fabulous May 16th 2008, 7:36 pm

That's a scam for sure.

Last edited by Mr. Fabulous on May 16th 2008, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 16th 2008, 7:52 pm

when I was selling the 61 I had tons of emails like that. I got tired of it so I played along. I told them I'd do it and so they sent me over night checks(fake). after I'd get their check I waited a few days for each and then told them that I cashed the check and was going to screw them and keep all the money. after about a week I wrote them and told them that they had been scammed and they blew their money over nighting their fake check. I had 3 fake checks hanging on my office wall but ended up tossing them in the garbage. bad thing is I had one guy email me back and tell me how good of a job I did scamming his scam and wanted to know if I wanted to team up with him and work together. lol.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fuel10922 May 16th 2008, 8:31 pm

The Internet is a scary place to do business. I never buy or sell anything if I don't feel comfortable with the transaction. Its buyer and seller beware!!
fuel10922
fuel10922
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RsvBill May 16th 2008, 9:06 pm

the funny thought is what would the bank actuyally do with one of these checks. ????? i mean what if they actually cashed it? who account, how does it back fire on you. One of my very good friend works for the secret service and is head of the loacal area bank fraud , I received a check that was once a true check and woudl have been fine. It was froma foregn bank in Africa, the check was good the only issue was they were using my goods to wash their money. they would pay me, then sell it to a source in our country loose about 3% but come out clean on the othr side. Funny practices these people have come up with , i will let you knwo when the first check arrives. lol

Hope all is well in the scroungers world,

Bill
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

selling on craigslist Empty dirty checks

Post by CustomCabby May 17th 2008, 4:59 pm

my brother in law was selling a mustang and someone over the internet contacted him and actually spoke to him via phone. he was sending a check to him for 3k more than what he was asking for the car and the catch was for him to pay the shipping company the amount for their services from georgia to canada and inturn he would keep whatever the remainder was. fool cashed the check and somehow the bank didnt catch onto in until several weeks down the road. by that time he transfered the money via western union to the "transport company" and kept the rest. scam, scam, scam. charges were threatened to be pressed by bank to my b.i.l. but lucky for him, he already purchased another classic and money was already gone. what happened then is still kinda sketchy but the people never were caught and b.i.l. was just set up on a payment plan to pay it back... just like a normal car loan but at 0% intrest (and his credit stinks).... man, if i could only be that lucky! another kicker.... "company" never came and picked the mustang up. he ended up totalling it in a wreck though. but he had 12k to burn on another car....lucky punk!

CustomCabby
Restorer

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down