{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up

+2
RustyKarr
RebStew
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Empty Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up

Post by RebStew March 31st 2008, 3:57 am

Chad came down last night and picked up the 4 door. He had to get rid of an old T/A he bought to get the engine out of. He found a trade that was almost in W.V. Corey, Dennis, and I met up with Chad and Charlie in Wilder Ky for a road trip.
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1300
Chad jumped out of the 4 door with his Ky mullet wig just to get a giggle. With the mullet wig we had to get a picture of him on the back of the T/A.
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1299-1
We took off to Ohio and down Rt32. It was a long haul but with everyone in the truck there was never a mile without a joke or a story. It was a pretty good ride over other than watching the gas gauge move while you drive down the road.

Last edited by RebStew on March 31st 2008, 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Empty Re: Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up

Post by RebStew March 31st 2008, 4:14 am

We made it through the backwoods and down the mountains to this guys house. The guy never bothered to even look at the T/A he just knew he didn't want the 51 Chevy. That was fine with Chad. With Chad and I holding the cab on a trailer while the guy popped wheelies on his quad runner trying to pull the cab out of the wood, we made it out to the truck with the cab. We got the cab and and everything that goes in it. Seat, steering, gas tank, and more. we grabbed the dog house and carried it through the woods and across the creek to get it to the truck. We also got what was left of the hood. Sad We grabbed a homemade bed that may become bedside after some work. with everything loaded we was ready to go.
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1309-1
Cought Dennis and Chad strapping down one of the 200 straps that Chad brought.
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1302
This place was full of Camaro parts. A few cars also. This one is tubbed. He had nice first gen Camaro fender laying on the ground all over the place. Looked a little fishy to me but like the Army, don't ask don't tell. I was at Bill Tates house the other night and was telling him about a 69 Camaro that was on Craigs list. It's funny because this guy has it. but like I said the Chevy with the Firebird VIN and title didn't sit good with me.
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1305
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Empty Re: Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up

Post by RebStew March 31st 2008, 4:18 am

Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1304
Chadd and his new project.
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1311-1
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 31st 2008, 4:51 am

He can fill you in on his plans if he wants to.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr March 31st 2008, 5:16 am

Well plan #1 is finding storage. I appreciate the help guys. Felt like i was in the movie "Deliverance" down there. My idea/plans involve an s10 frame, a little chop to the cab, take off the (mirrors, cab light and fender mounted turn signals), do a little straightening on the body and hood, then flat black her, get a bed or fab one, throw my LT1 down in her with my stall and 700r4 and more. Its just an idea for now but that would look bad as hell chopped and slammed to the ground.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr March 31st 2008, 6:05 am

Already found that the doors are 47-50.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 March 31st 2008, 6:33 am

If u need me call me ill help u unload It Chad by the way their ar not any ford boys in ky just men!!!! :pirat:
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 31st 2008, 3:58 pm

do yourself a favor dont take to much out when you chop it, those chvy's tend to look a little squatty with a big chop just my stinky opinion... Here are a one of my 48 on a S-10 Frame

Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up 10-12-2005-096

Here is a good chop he also pancaked the hood which is a must with a heavy chop to make the thing look right.

Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up IMG_1671

And if you need some ideas on where to start stop by and look at our 49 F-1 thingy..

Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up IMG_3021

Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up IMG_3020

Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up IMG_3019
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 31st 2008, 3:59 pm

ok how the hell do we resize these pic's to make them fit????
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 31st 2008, 4:07 pm

LRS30 wrote:ok how the hell do we resize these pic's to make them fit????
Laughing I've been resizing yours for you but you are starting to fill up my photobucket. lol push edit and it has a thing to resize them. Do you still have the truck in the back yard? was it a chevy?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 31st 2008, 4:14 pm

No its gone, it was sold back in January and then the guys lost intrest(kinda soon to call it quit's but what do I know) the Joey from "Skratch Pad ended up with it.. Oh and thank's for fixing my screw up's.....My photobucket is getting filled up as well....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 2nd 2008, 7:19 pm

Charlie was asking me about this pic of the bug we found on our trip. It was an old yard but it didn't have any old iron in it.
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1312-1
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 10th 2008, 5:59 pm

A little inspiration for ya Chad.
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up 7
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 11th 2008, 5:00 am

We put the word out that Chad needed a long bed S10 for the frame. You got to love the grapevine around here. Jeff got one in at Hickmans Salvage. He check out the frame and he told Chuck Hickman that a member of the club needed it. Chuck had lunch with Steve Vickers and told Steve it was at his yard. While eating Vickers calls me and tells me Chuck had us a frame. I then call Chad and told him we need to strip a truck today and ask what he was doing after he got off work? We met at the yard with Chad new box of Craftman tools and his big hammer.
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1378

We unbolted or broke of the bolts in the bed and flipped it on it's side to scoot it out of the way.
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1382
While Chad was working on getting the master cylinder,brake pedels and mounts off I used my bolt cutter to make short work of all the wiring, hoses and hard lines.
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1380

We also yanked the steering colum, gas tank and exhaust off.
The cab bolts and radiator support bolt were next. Other than one bolt they all were zipped off. We had to split the washer on one with a tire tool we found at the yard and Chad BIG hammer, but we got them off. We picked up the cab on one side till she almost flip and then got cought on the bumper. A little twist and over on the drivers side door she went. We slid it around and dropped it back on it's floor.
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1383
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 11th 2008, 5:07 am

Now this is a true lowrider guys!
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1384
Next came the engine and trans. Chad had it unbolted in no time and I grabbed a new skid steer and used it to pick up the engine and trans.
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1385
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1386

By this time after laying in the dirt we both looked like we had been in a coal mine all day.
Chad Karr and his 51 Chevy Pick 'em up Picture1387
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 11th 2008, 5:13 am

It took us almost 4 hours to get his frame, steering colum, pedals, master cylinder and brake booster. Not too bad for an old gimp and a greenhorn.
yeah the 50? Chevy will have a late model souped up engine with power steering and power brakes. Chad will pick up the frame tomorrow with my tow dolly.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous April 11th 2008, 2:07 pm

Sounds safe and fast but not very traditional!!!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 11th 2008, 5:09 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:Sounds safe and fast but not very traditional!!!
It will look traditional and even some what of a jalopy the way Chad talks but she will be safe, able to outrun most stuff on the street and still get better gas milage than just about anyone in the club. Now all he needs is AC and everyone will be fighting to ride shotgun when we go somewhere.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr May 9th 2008, 5:02 pm

What ever happened to this project? lol

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 9th 2008, 5:08 pm

RustyKarr wrote:What ever happened to this project? lol
I heard he was selling it to a guy on Lindsey St in Newport
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr May 9th 2008, 5:17 pm

Who'd want that pile of (BEEEEEEEP)?

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 9th 2008, 5:39 pm

The guy is wanting to turn it into something called a Rat Rod what ever that is?? Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr May 9th 2008, 5:47 pm

Like that Stewart fella has?

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 9th 2008, 6:02 pm

RustyKarr wrote:Like that Stewart fella has?
I don't know. I'm not sure what a Rat is unless you are talking about Sammy" The Bull" Gravano Shocked
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr May 20th 2008, 4:16 am

Here's the reason/inspiration from a mag I picked up last year.
http://www.classictrucks.com/features/0708ct_1948_chevy_truck_high_road/index.html

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next