{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes you just can't win.

3 posters

Go down

Sometimes you just can't win. Empty Sometimes you just can't win.

Post by junkyard junky June 21st 2014, 5:48 am

Back in October I went out to my friend dave's place after he contacted me. He wanted me to haul off some cars to the crusher for him. When I got out there, Found out that he passed away in his sleep that night. He only had one brother and his mother. A little while after his passing his brother calls and wants to know if I could help him haul off scrap metal and clean the place up to help pay for the funeral. So I helped for about 5 different days throughout the winter. On the last day, his brother wanted to get an early 70's nova out of the garage that had been in there soon after the garage was built back in 87 or 90. It belong to a guy who I know of and went to college with his son. Car has damage to the right quarter and no doghouse. So dave's brother got dave's old tractor out, hooked the chain to the car himself and pulled the car out gently. I helped air the tires up, steered the car and put a jack under the rear end and try to scoot the car to the side in order to get it out the back door. Today I stopped over at a guys house to work on some stuff and he asks me who pulled the nova out. I tell him the whole story. The owner of the nova came into where my friend works(earlier in the day) and was mad. Guy I know told the owner that I offered to haul the nova home(which I did) since I pass the guy's house when taking the rollback to the farm. Some how the owner took it as I pulled the car out myself on my own free will. So I asked the guy why was the guy mad and was told an emergency brake cable was pulled loose and nothing was placed over the engine. The comment was made by the owner that "he was going to beat the (crap) out of me." if I had done it.  So trying to help a friend who has passed away pay off his funeral expenses has been a mess.

Edit: Talked to the son of the owner and he's not pissed at me, just at the brother who was in charge of cleaner everything up. The way it was handled by the brother, I would be upset also.

Last edited by junkyard junky on June 22nd 2014, 4:38 pm; edited 4 times in total

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Sometimes you just can't win. Empty Re: Sometimes you just can't win.

Post by Marty042 June 21st 2014, 8:24 am

Sorry to hear about your friend. Wonder when the last time the owner even seen or worked on the Nova?
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 21st 2014, 2:39 pm

I wouldn't take it to heart. If the guy comes at you without a chance to explain your side pop him with a bat and go on with your day and don't let it bother you. Life is too short to worry about ignorant people. It's hard but let it roll off your back. At a time most people would not be so freaked out over every little thing. Now a days it seems like everyone wants a reason to get mad. By what you wrote and what he paid for rent you can see the guy is a real winner already. Words spoken by none other than Charles Manson in an interview one time always stuck in my head. He said "When I was younger I was crazy. It doesn't matter now. Everyone is crazy today."
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum