{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Larry Brown or colletorcarsandparts

4 posters

Go down

Larry Brown or colletorcarsandparts Empty Larry Brown or colletorcarsandparts

Post by Reb Stew January 12th 2014, 1:42 pm

I have been doing a ton of reading on this guys. DON'T deal with him. He's a con artist taking hot rodders for thousands of dollars. He goes by many names and has other people helping him run these scams.

If you have had a bad deal with this guys contact info below. They have many open cases at this time. Issue is they are all out of state and no one wants to pay to extradite him.

Robert Copley
Police Chief
110 South 8th Street
Quincy, IL 62301
(217) 228-4470
qpd@quincyil.gov

Larry Brown used to operate out of Quincy,IL but he keeps moving around to avoid Law Enforcement but current address is:.

Collector Cars and Parts Exchange
Lawrence L Brown JR
575 Country Road 363 Lot 31, TAYLOR, MO 63471
(this is a trailer court/motel!)
(217)440-7865
Has 7 court ordered judgements, latest in 2008

It a family affair, mom helps too. Son is in on it too.
Lawrence K Brown SR
635 Country Road 363 Lot 34, Taylor, MO
(217)740-6151
Has 6 court ordered judgements, latest in 2012
Has former address in Iowa also

Larry Brown has about 8 different sites for cars and parts for sale on facebook that he runs not counting being on every Face Book car parts selling page there is. Every automotive forum that has a sales and wanted section, maybe even this one. Larry Brown goes by Classic.auto.parts on Ebay and sells on Craigslist also. He goes by many name so look at the address I posted above before you send money to anyone.

If you Google his name or click the link you can see what a scum bag this guy is.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS233US233&q=Larry+Brown+collectorcarsandparts+Studebaker&btnG=Search#hl=en&q=Larry+Brown+collector+cars+and+parts&spell=1
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Larry Brown or colletorcarsandparts Empty Re: Larry Brown or colletorcarsandparts

Post by Nanook January 12th 2014, 2:58 pm

Thanks for posting this info up.

Grateful,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Larry Brown or colletorcarsandparts Empty Re: Larry Brown or colletorcarsandparts

Post by 911TAZZ January 12th 2014, 3:50 pm

He tried to sell my soon a 68 firebird. Kept wanting cash up front,  I told him that want going to happen! He would call and say he lowered the price because of a family emergency and needed money right away. He tried everything he could to get my son to send him some money. This man will do and say anything to take advantage.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew January 12th 2014, 6:52 pm

Crazy dude. I can't say much on here but he tried to screw the wrong guy out of parts. What he didn't know was that he was in a 2 wheel club and that club had a chapter in that state. A couple enforcers went up there and got the parts. Nothing came of it but if those parts would not have been there to get when they showed up we may not have to worry about even talking about him now.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew January 12th 2014, 6:56 pm

Some people were even saying that some cars he post are not his but old far sale ads from others. He just gets a deposit and strings you along until you are just screwed unless you file charges. Again most states won't bring him in to prosecute due to being in another state. $500.00 doesn't count in the states eyes compared to bringing him to justice. I have no idea how this guy is still walking. It only a matter of time before the FED s get him. Just someone needs to get all the info together and hit the right person for help.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 12th 2014, 10:57 pm

I was considering looking at a couple he had for sale.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down