{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally...

4 posters

Go down

Finally... Empty Finally...

Post by dieseldr October 27th 2013, 1:48 am

Ever since I was able to go to the garage and appreciate things mechanical, and the skill involved, and could get a wrench to fit my hand, I have always lusted after, yearned for, one thing- a 3x2 setup for a Ford FE. Today I fulfilled that lifelong desire. I found one locally that basically cost me the cost of having the carbs restored- which they have already been. I got the complete assembly, with fuel log, linkage, air cleaner, bolts, receipt from the resto shop that went thru the carbs, obviously the intake as well. The old timer also had an underdash Ford a/c system, repro new complete, and a Mallory dual point dizzy to go with the intake system. If I could get all this put into my 66 comet, and get a straight axle under it, I could go race the local "gasser" classes. (not necessarily with the A/C) I'm pretty tickled, now just need the time to switch off the old performer single plane, clean things up, slap on the tri power, hook it all up, and give 'er a go. Right now the 428 I'm putting it on is "stand mounted", and probably won't make it into a chassis for actual on highway use for awhile yet, but I hope to hear it run by next spring. Probably just stick with the stock front suspension and street drive it.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Finally... Empty Re: Finally...

Post by Reb Stew October 27th 2013, 2:58 am

Sound like you hit the jackpot. Good deal!
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas October 27th 2013, 3:29 am

I am jealous. As you may have noticed most of these guys have GM tatted over their hearts.
I LOVE THE FE's THOUGH!!
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr October 27th 2013, 12:54 pm

I was fortunate (as far as ford folks go) to grow up in an era when FE's were plentiful- guess you could say I cut my teeth on them. Wouldn't have had it any other way.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 October 27th 2013, 4:26 pm

Sounds like a great score, hope some pics. are coming soon.Very Happy
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President