{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ammo

4 posters

Go down

Ammo Empty Ammo

Post by Brownie January 29th 2013, 3:23 pm

With the way things are going I'm kicking it around to make my ammo.
Do any of you? What is entailed in making it? If any of you do make it do you sell it? Mostly just 9mm is what I use and 22L. I mostly just target shoot 1 or 2 times a week. But it is getting so hard to find ammo right now that you don't pay threw the nose for it's getting crazy!
Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30

Back to top Go down

Ammo Empty Re: Ammo

Post by Reb Stew January 29th 2013, 9:47 pm

You will still have to get the brass and other stuff.

The 22 isn't worth reloading unless you are wanting a special load.

I don't have the time to reload. I have a ton of ammo here. So much that I need to start shooting it up. I have many ammo boxes filled with 7.62's. So many that I'd be able to hold off a small group of German Nazi's for a year. Too much really. Being stuck in the city has slowed my shooting down. It use to being 2 or 3 times a week. then it went to the weekends and now I'm lucky if I toss a few rounds off every 3 to 6 months. With that being said if it was me I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you shoot often.

Either way if you reload I'd do the 9's but wouldn't waist my time on the 22's. 22's are so cheap unless you reload just to have something to do it's not worth the time.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 30th 2013, 2:25 am

Shoot like hell while you can. Now here in NY we need a background check to buy ammo. And PA dealers are reluctant to sell to us for fear of their licenses. Everything here is bought up anyway. Thanks to the Conn tragedy. Wait till you get a bunch of NYC type bleedin' heart liberal bastards running the show down there. If you're smart, you'll run 'em off before they catch on. Someday I'll tell you how I really feel. Our Gov is bucking for the white house, so brace yourself, it's a proven fact the working class cannot be relied upon to win an election anymore- seems we're the minority now. We are outnumbered by those with entitlements in mind. And they think they are entitled to take our guns, among other things.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by RsvBill February 3rd 2013, 3:50 am

The Obama nation is locking down on everything about guns.
reloading is becoming harder and harder all the time. As for 22LR I would tell you just buy every round you see rather than attempting to reload.
you can buy a decent reloader complete for around $650.00.. Keep all your brass from anyshooting that you do worst case is if you cant reload it you can sell it or scrap it doe $3.00 a lbs.

I have been reloading many different rounds from 9mm up to some rifles.
mainly .40 and .45 recently more 223 do to high demand and the $ it has been bringing.
Hell i actually parted ways with 2 of my AR's i could not pass up the $$ offered.
that being said if you have any questions about anything to do with reloading and or buying and selling any firearms feel free to message me or email @ wryanjr2002@yahoo.com
put scroungers in subject so i dont just delete.

keep your guns keep your rights!
Bill
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownie February 4th 2013, 12:19 pm

Every time I go into the store I take a peek at the ammo shelf to see what they have. They have put a 3 box limit on ammo. That gives the little guy a chance most of the time. I seen a guy with a cart full of ammo at walmart saying 223 was selling for a dollor a round in Miami. I think everybody should make a buck.... This is the reason for a 3 box limit.
Brownie
Thanks for the info
Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by RsvBill February 4th 2013, 9:55 pm

It seems Walmart and dicks both receive loads on Tuesday morning and Thursday am.
As for .223/ 5.56 I would say try an hold off till march or April let the frenzy calm. $1.00 a round is pure robbery unless they want to issue a w-4 for the profits they are making.
Over the weekend I purchased the following,
1000 rounds .223 brass w/ primers for $260
1000 .223 FMJ heads for $185.00
Heads arrived today and brass is to ship next week.
After about 2 lbs powder it will be close to $.50 a round.
Either way menus the reloader and time the only thing that is good is we have ammo to fire.
Buds guns in Lexington had 7.62 ($1000) $275
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down