{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start of another year

2 posters

Go down

Start of another year Empty Start of another year

Post by dieseldr January 15th 2013, 4:29 pm

Well, here it is, mid Jan and much of the nation has endured some diastrous weather. But not here in western NY, we have had 2 warm winters, and this one has proven to be a three-peat. Once in a while we even get a little snow.... which we had a hefty dose of recently, but 50 and 60 degree weather has melted it all down. Can't even hop on the snowmobiles to get away for a day or two- I guess you could, but grass and soil is a little hard on them. I guess that means back to work at something, find a project to do on one of the hot rods, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, buckle down and get busy. Even our summers here have been quite warm recently, and we usually are known here for having 8 months of winter and 4 months of tough sledding. Might as well enjoy it, can't do much about it.... good opportunity to pillage through the parts shed and sell off some stuff I don't need anymore!
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Start of another year Empty Re: Start of another year

Post by Reb Stew January 15th 2013, 11:19 pm

I like that area. It has some very nice scenic spots but I just don't think I could take the cold you guys get. Ky is bad enough for me. Like you we haven't had a bad winter in a few years though.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 16th 2013, 1:24 am

For as screwed up economically as we are, we really do have a beautiful are to live in, some really scenic spots. It's a shame to hear the stories you tell about what you go through where you live. I would be in jail. So many people here move away to make the long dollar and do big things, and more than half of them come back it seems. I like the western Indiana area, kinda flat, not much to look at but economically it seems to move right along. My wife's aunt and uncle live in Rosedale, a half hour north of Terre Haute, and that burg (TH) is always jumpin'.

Trust me, when it gets really cold, even we stay inside! I go to the Ford Carlisle event semi frequently, and I don't know how you guys can take the heat. Of course, I used to work maint and repair on asphalt spread equipment, and I used to love the heat. One time I got heat stroke, and from that day on, I just can't take it. It really sucks sometimes.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew January 16th 2013, 3:29 am

I hope where I live doesn't reflect Kentucky. I'm at the most northern part right on the Ohio River. I can walk to downtown Cincy OH. Drive 15 minutes out of town and it's like another world. I love KY and TN and don't think I could ever leave this area. When you live in an urban area and have Cincy, and Covington right next to you the rift raft will spill over the river.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down