{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you want to sell it or not?

Go down

Do you want to sell it or not? Empty Do you want to sell it or not?

Post by junkyard junky September 15th 2012, 11:45 pm

Thats what I feel like asking this guy that has a 60's station wagon for sale.

Saw an old station wagon for sale on a well known internet website. Sent the guy a message since he provided no phone number. The guy only had four pictures and no close up shots. Got to talking via messages and I ask for more pictures and how are the floors pans and rickers. No extra pictures since the car is still at the guy's place that he bought it from 2.5 hours down the road. Was told he had pictures on his camera but he deleted them. hmm. Drove 2.5 hours to buy a car and get pictures and when you get back home you delete them???? After a month the guy still hasn't gotten the car home and wants to know if I'm still interested. Yes, but I would like more pics before I drive 9 hours one way. Guy calls me late this week and we get to talking and I ask about the floor pans again. He says they are solid. He starts talking so I just let him gon on. After about 10 minutes he says that he never has jacked the car up to look at the floor pans. Then how do you know that they are solid??? He sent me a messsage this afternoon saying he was guessing I'm not interested and that he had another person asking about it. I told him straight up that there was no pics to confirm the condition of the car and I shot him an offer and told him if the other guy wants it I understand and left it at that. I wonder if really wants to sell it or not? Looks like a good waste of my time. About 30 minutes after I sent the message he calls me but I could answer the phone at the moment. Left no voicemail so I guess it wasn't that important. I hate messing with sellers sometimes especially when they try to bluff you.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down