{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about trading but have a question

5 posters

Go down

Thinking about trading but have a question Empty Thinking about trading but have a question

Post by junkyard junky June 20th 2012, 5:49 am

I have a guy wanted to trade a vehicle. Its a 78 el camino with some work done to it. I'm trying to figure out what an el camino is worth today in this economy. I know the the prices on the ford model t's and A's are not like they were a couple of years ago. The vehicle that the man wants to trade for is dad's. Dad is interested in a tractor that I have. Might be a 3 way trade. Any info or opinions are appreciated. here is some info.

1978 El camino with a 350/350 combo with 60k miles, headers, edelbrock aluminum intake, edelbrock 4 bbl carb, with edelbrock finned valve covers and matching breather. New carpet, new headliner, new door panels, custom console, new 8.5 corvette rally rims, new tires, paint is about 8 months old. New exhaust, true duals.

Thinking about trading but have a question Elcamino
Thinking about trading but have a question Elcamino2

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Thinking about trading but have a question Empty Re: Thinking about trading but have a question

Post by JRiggs June 20th 2012, 6:00 am

id trade dad the tractor for the model a and leave the elky sitten just my .02....

unless the flowers come with the elky then your talking business jk lol
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Thinking about trading but have a question Empty Re: Thinking about trading but have a question

Post by Reb Stew June 20th 2012, 7:14 am

I'm not sure but for an Elky it looks pretty nice.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 20th 2012, 1:08 pm

Get the El Camino and sell it to Cole. He likes those things and he might be a sucker for another one. He's been thru two of them but that one's really nice. I think I'd put the flowers in the back though.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky June 20th 2012, 4:12 pm

he guy wants dad's 48 chevy. He just wants to sell it or try to work on it when he gets done with his current construction job. I wuldn't mind driving the car but I have no room inside to keep it and I hate to let it set outside.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid June 27th 2012, 2:43 am

I've actually had 4 elkys. Things to look out for are rust under the back Window, rust on the inside of the doors, and frame rust.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down