{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doc's '34 Sedan...

2 posters

Go down

Doc's '34 Sedan... Empty Doc's '34 Sedan...

Post by Guest October 11th 2007, 6:32 am

So, some of you may remember Doc from the HAMB. Dude's a doctor and has the income that comes with the ridiculous commitment, responsibility, and dedication that it takes to make it in that field. Anyhow, being a 'like minded individual' to those of us who LOVE traditional hot rods, he's built some neat cars in my eyes. Also, as some of you are probably aware, I found a ROCK SOLID '34 SEDAN from an old buddy's hot rod dad and have been scheming up a way to make it mine. One sure-fire method of getting the money evaporated when I found out my apparent 'retention bonus' from the end of my current contract at work won't happen if I get a job with the company I've been contracting for. Well, I've gotten the job, or at least the contract-to-hire position, which means the job is officially mine to lose at this point and I've started thinking about what to do about the '34. Obviously, '34s are cool. '32s are more desirable from a cash-value standpoint, and I've always thought that '34 was the last year from which you could build a Ford hot rod and not have it look like a '40s car - i.e. fenderless. I LOVE Vance's '34 and since I helped build it, I love it all the more. Here's the rub, though. His is a coupe, and all the other Fenderless trad '34s I've seen have been coupes or roadsters. I've searched and searched, but every last pic I find of a '34 Sedan has full fenders, billet wheels, a painted grill, and every other ODE TO THE CATALOG HOT ROD that I despise. Nothing cool, from my admittedly narrow viewpoint. I'd even started to wonder if maybe I was silly to spend the prolly $4k it would take to make this '34 SEDAN mine and would be better off spending $2k on a '30-'31 Model A and the difference getting my project started. Well, going through the pics of the Cinematic, I realized that Doc had his '34 Sedan there and it's built in the same kinda early-60s style that I'd like to build mine in, if I can swing it money-wise. It's badass, traditional as it gets, channeled in a non-rat-rod but very trad way without being aggressively chopped (the east coast had a style back then, too), and nicely done. As I've stated before, I'd like mine to have Olds power and I have my own ideas about finishing stuff (narrowed '55 Ford dash, '60 Edsel taillights, chrome steelies, wide-whites, a less cliched color), but this picture haunts me. It's the picture of the hot rod I wanna build and I know where I can find most of the parts. Now, if I can only figure out the money side of it. It haunts me...

Doc's '34 Sedan... Cinematic07066

Here's another one from the back where Edsel Ford's art-deco influences are starting to show in the elegance of the body lines, a stunning contrast to the utilitarian designs of his father, yet still solidly enough within the realm of Old Henry that it didn't raise any eyebrows. Looking at this angle and comparing the lines to an A-bone sedan, I'm not surprised that Edsel hired Diego Rivera to paint the courtyard at the Detroit Institute of the Arts and later helped design the '39 Lincoln Continental.

Doc's '34 Sedan... Cinematic07067

See, doug, not all of us equate traditional with rusty cars with broken-framed stances and 305-smog motors...

Back to top Go down

Doc's '34 Sedan... Empty Re: Doc's '34 Sedan...

Post by Mr. Fabulous October 11th 2007, 2:02 pm

I didn't know they ran blowers back then, Thought they were either on earthmovers or Top Fuelers, sorta one and the same. (LOL)
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 11th 2007, 4:36 pm

you don't really see mant c~dans without fenders or hoods. one thing I never liked about the 34 is the firewall. I guess a loty of guys felt the same way. you see a lot of them that someone over the years made flat.
heres a few I like . not c-dans but still pretty cool
Doc's '34 Sedan... 290708-evil33
nads car
Doc's '34 Sedan... 290273-newwheels1
Doc's '34 Sedan... 290647-yellow_bandit
I think this is a 33
Doc's '34 Sedan... 290206-193420hemi204
Doc's '34 Sedan... 290504-193420hemi202
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 11th 2007, 10:59 pm

A lot of dudes also flattened em to make room for their big, overhead-valve motor...

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous October 12th 2007, 6:08 am

tim wrote:See, doug, not all of us equate traditional with rusty cars with broken-framed stances and 305-smog motors...

Just for you. I know how much you love this one too!
Doc's '34 Sedan... IMG_0133

lol!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 12th 2007, 4:39 pm

Where's the rest of it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down