{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the preston cup/ 40 4 40 edgewater

4 posters

Go down

the preston cup/ 40 4 40  edgewater Empty the preston cup/ 40 4 40 edgewater

Post by ss 383 April 3rd 2012, 9:11 pm

april 29th..... rain date may 20th..... time to start getn ready Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ss 383
ss 383
Scrounger

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

the preston cup/ 40 4 40  edgewater Empty Re: the preston cup/ 40 4 40 edgewater

Post by JRiggs April 3rd 2012, 11:34 pm

shucks, bad date for me, kids birthday and birthday party is that date....

JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

the preston cup/ 40 4 40  edgewater Empty Re: the preston cup/ 40 4 40 edgewater

Post by Novaman April 9th 2012, 5:02 pm

I keep up with this event on Stangbangerz website and they are having issues with setting things up at Edgewater and wanting more money than last fall. So it's not a done deal yet.
Novaman
Novaman
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Novaman April 10th 2012, 2:57 pm

Latest from Sean on the Preston Cup:

I understand that everyone is chomping at the bit on this, but I am doing my best to try and figure out what to do.

Here is the issue:

My little fund raiser/ cruise has out grown E20s definition as a "Private Event". Each year, my event gets a little bigger and it has gotten to the point that I am now falling under their "Open Event" rental.

What does open event mean, well it means several thousand dollars to rent the track, but I can have as many racers as I want, no limit, which is good and bad.

I am going to try and get a meeting with E20 to see what a final price would be to have the "Preston Cup". I have been talking to a couple of people about getting some sponsorship to help with the cost so that I can pull this off.

Once again guys, this is a little more involved on the back end on my part, and I am doing the best that I can to make it work.

I hope everyone can understand, anytime I get info, I will post it up.
Novaman
Novaman
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 10th 2012, 5:56 pm

Thanks for the info
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Novaman April 13th 2012, 8:25 pm

Bad news guys:

I am sorry to have to tell everyone this, but it looks like I will NOT be able to do the Preston Cup this year

The cost that they quoted me for a "Open Event" is just going to be too much for me to try and get something together in time to make it worth the money.

What my Plan is, is to work all the details out with E20 this year, to plan a event next spring, that will be fun for all and be a GREAT event and cuise in!! Maybe team up with some other events that we do here to get more people out or something like that. But to do something like that, it takes time and planning.

This fall is very busy for me, so that is why the fall is out for me too.

I know everyone has been waiting for me to figure out a cruise in and such like that, BUT it has taken MANY phone calls to E20 and talking it over with my wife to come to this.

What ever happens though, I AM going to do this next spring!!

I have taked with Moontang and he said he is going to get a cruise in together here soon, where? I don't know, but stay tuned, I am sure he is going to post up something within the week.

Once again guys/gals, It kills me not to have the Preston Cup this year, but I hope you all understand.
Novaman
Novaman
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down