{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHO'S NOT AFRAID TO LOOK STUPID??

+2
RebStew
Arieldouglas
6 posters

Go down

WHO'S NOT AFRAID TO LOOK STUPID?? Empty WHO'S NOT AFRAID TO LOOK STUPID??

Post by Arieldouglas November 10th 2011, 7:52 pm

RebStew wrote:
hotrodaaron77 wrote:We should just make a thread of stupid stuff we have done and then all of us share a story. I know I have a few. It be better than reading the comics out of the newspaper
start a thread

You mean like the time I had this old 250 enduro Yamaha. I lived on 50 acres mostly open cattle farm that the house sat in the middle of with a road from one end to the other. We had pushed up some humps along the side of the road and would jump them on our bikes.
I had ben out checking fence (mostly an excuse to not work in the garden) and was headed back to the house when I saw 3 or 4 of my buds in the yard. Yea, it was a "hey y'all, watch this" moment.
I twisted the wick on that bike and hit those humps at about forty. On the third one, even with my audiance, I had that ol' Yamaha about six feet in the air, nose up and hard crossed to the left. Lookin' Good. cheers That's when the left grip slid right off the handlebar with really loud "thuuunk" that registered in my brain about a milisecond before the front wheel hit the ground. affraid It was not the most graceful landing I ever made. the front wheel dug in and catapulted me about 30 feet before I hit the ground again. I learned then that it is possible to hit the ground with every pore of your body at once! My body was not near as bruised as my ego. Embarassed

And yea Stew you can bet my buddies never told a soul. Laughing Laughing
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

WHO'S NOT AFRAID TO LOOK STUPID?? Empty Re: WHO'S NOT AFRAID TO LOOK STUPID??

Post by RebStew November 11th 2011, 12:10 am

Arieldouglas wrote:
RebStew wrote:
hotrodaaron77 wrote:We should just make a thread of stupid stuff we have done and then all of us share a story. I know I have a few. It be better than reading the comics out of the newspaper
start a thread

And yea Stew you can bet my buddies never told a soul. Laughing Laughing
Isn't it funny how that works. lol
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 11th 2011, 4:57 am

Guess I ask for this so I'll share some.
It's not uncommon for me to have plenty of fire stories due to all the welding, grinding and stuff I do. The 52 Chevy that the club chopped is one of those. As some know I was reshaping the body to give it a Buick styled body line down the side. I used thin tubing welded right to the body, covering it with 16 gauge sheet metal.

One night while I was alone I was welding on the door. It was a cold night but the fire was keeping the chill down. While welding I spelled smoke. I flipped up my welders mask and looked around. I didn't see anything. I went back to welding and the spell got a lot stronger. I flipped my helmet up again and started looking. I stood up and seen bright light in the car. Through the door glass channel you could see the whole inside of the door was on fire. It was cover with undercoating and I didn't know it. I feaked for a second wondering how in the world I was going to get it out. As flames started coming out of the channel I walked to the fridge and grabbed me a pop. shook it up and flipped it upside down in the door channel and popped the top. One can of soda put it out.

I didn't want to mess with the door untill I could get the door panel off so I went to the fender. A few welds here and there as I jumped around the fender keeping heat down. I started spelling something again. I flipped my mask up and started looking. NOTHING! I was worried after the door so I waited for a few second hoping to see smoke. It didn't take long and I did. Not from the fender. Not from the door. A piece of hot slag fell on my coat and set it on fire. I jumped up and ripped my coat off me and stepped on it. I guess it's a good thing I had it on because it was cover my crotch right where it cought fire. Embarassed
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 11th 2011, 4:59 am

I want to hear Rigg's story about almost cutting his man hood off with a grinder and cut off wheel. lol That's the funny one. I hear he still won't use a grinder.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs November 11th 2011, 6:13 am

RebStew wrote:I want to hear Rigg's story about almost cutting his man hood off with a grinder and cut off wheel. lol That's the funny one. I hear he still won't use a grinder.

guess thats my que huh.... way to call me out stewart :lol!:

It was a cold night in the garage, no nice wood burning stove like my bald irish neighbor. I was cutting on a piece of metal hit the edge of it. Grinder got loose and came towards me hit me in the leg. Thankfully i had on a jacket. The grinder hit my leg about 2 inches away from my man hood. Ripped my jeans. and left a mark..... end of story.

oh and u gotta own a grinder to be able to use it. lol..... last one i bought was alot nicer but i'm sure its own by a crackhead or 2...
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs November 11th 2011, 6:33 am

[quote="RebStew"]
Arieldouglas wrote:
RebStew wrote:
start a thread

And yea Stew you can bet my buddies never told a soul. :lol: :lol:

so much for this quote...................... :lol!: :P :D :lol: 8)
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster November 11th 2011, 1:22 pm

I agree with RebStew. If you own a welder, you must have a fire story. Twisted Evil
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas November 11th 2011, 1:26 pm

Probably more than one!
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 11th 2011, 2:26 pm

I have many. lol
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 11th 2011, 2:26 pm

Who else has a story they would rather forget?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson November 11th 2011, 3:25 pm

bought a old stepside ford truck from a police auction. 3 of us was workin on it that day. the universals got replaced while 2 of us was layin cross the seat puttin in a ignition, in the old garage down on second street the levee is their now but someone was workin the key one on the gas hand on gas pedal one let the truck down at the moment of cranking her up well she started rt up out the garage doors it went knocking the big old doors down funny but scared 3 of us that day lol
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson
National Sergeant at Arms

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrodaaron77 November 11th 2011, 6:36 pm

My buddy phil come down one day to sit and shoot the bull we decided to take the ta out for a spin. It was a pretty nice day not to hot so the car was running great we were out for couple hours and started home. we got back to the house and i decided to show off a little, dropped phil off so he could watch the action, backed down the street and done a pic perfect burnout halfway up the street. I went to turn the car around and it shut off, without thinking i jumped out to see if i had broken something pulled the hood up and the battery had jumped out of the tray and come unhooked, I reconnect the cables and put my hand thru the window and hit the key, bad part is the i completely forgot that the nuetral switch was unhooked, so u guessed it the car takes off with me running beside it,, i grab the door handle and open the door and i swear it started going faster, somehow i managed to get my right leg in the car while im hanging out the side of the car with it dragging me up the street by my knee,,,in shorts,,,needless to say i got it stopped, didnt touch it for about two months, when i pulled the front wheels i had hit the brakes so hard they were seized to the calipers i had to beat them apart with a hammer................
hotrodaaron77
hotrodaaron77
Scrounger

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2010-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 11th 2011, 11:31 pm

cheers
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down