{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuff wasting away at a buddy's shop

5 posters

Go down

Stuff wasting away at a buddy's shop Empty Stuff wasting away at a buddy's shop

Post by marakka July 22nd 2011, 11:58 pm

Among other things I finally realized that this is a 72 Firebird and not a late 70's Camaro. He's drug his 70? Monte into the garage in hopes that he can find it a new home. I think he said this is a factory 402 car? Also out back he's got a 69 Impala looking for a new home. I'm not sure what year the Nova is in the back ground or what the deal is with it, but I'm sure sooner or later he'll want to get rid of it as well. Off the screen to the right is a 95 z28 that I'm working on putting a fuel pump in. It saddens me to see all these cars wasting away to nothing for no reason Sad

Stuff wasting away at a buddy's shop 70monte

Stuff wasting away at a buddy's shop 72bird

marakka
Car washer

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

Stuff wasting away at a buddy's shop Empty Re: Stuff wasting away at a buddy's shop

Post by falconwagon62 July 23rd 2011, 12:16 am

show me the Impala!!! My 1st car, besides my Pinto Wagon...mine was a 396 Auto....Loaded!!!
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Stuff wasting away at a buddy's shop Empty Re: Stuff wasting away at a buddy's shop

Post by jbs10 July 23rd 2011, 1:42 am

how much $$$
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 23rd 2011, 4:03 am

Is the Firebird for sale? If so how much? Anyway to get a hold of him to talk to him about these cars?
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by marakka July 23rd 2011, 4:38 am

I don't have any pics of the impala. These pics were taken as an afterthought as I was rolling out one day. With no a/c in the shop and 100F heat..... I just grabbed these pics on the way out.

These cars are all for sale for the right price. I'll ask him if it is ok to give out the shop info or number for contact. The shop is located in Fairfield just off Route 4 & near Jungle Jims. For now, if you are interested I will do my best to get information. He is out of town for the weekend and won't return until Monday evening. I'll talk to him then.

He's also got an early 80's cutlass 4 door and an early 80's burban, but neither are desirable or in decent shape.

marakka
Car washer

Back to top Go down

Post by marakka July 26th 2011, 4:15 am

Alrighty.... update. He's willing to sell everything. He doesn't have a price set, but he knows that all cars need some sort of restoration and that they aren't worth a ton of money. However, they are all rare optioned.... he was a hot rodder back in the day so he ordered good stuff when he bought it.

I'll get some better pictures of the Firebird tomorrow as well as more of the Monte Carlo. The car in the back is a 69 Impala convertible and I'll grab some pictures of that as well. I'll post his contact information at that point then.

marakka
Car washer

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 July 26th 2011, 4:18 am

Tell me where.... I live close love to see the Impala, that's all I am looking for.....have him call or text me...513-312-8799
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by marakka July 27th 2011, 4:21 am

Sorry but I made a liar of myself. He cut out of the shop early today and it wasn't feasible for me to get up there to get anything done. I may not make it tmorrow as i have a funeral to go to. Thursday may be the first time I can get up there and get pics.

The shop is Schnetzers Upholstery. Number is 513 476 8124 and is adjacent to Jungle Jims on N. Gilmore.

marakka
Car washer

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 July 28th 2011, 4:28 pm

Told me just now at 10:27am he don't want to sell anything now....
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 28th 2011, 4:40 pm

Laughing oh well....
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by marakka July 31st 2011, 5:11 pm

Woah...... What? I was there Thursday afternoon (the 28th) and he made no mention of not selling. He did seem to be in an odd mood, but we hadn't really talked about the cars in the aspect of getting rid of them. I"ll talk to him again on Monday and see whats up with that.

marakka
Car washer

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 August 1st 2011, 1:40 am

yea, real odd....short, kinda pissed I asked, I told him you posted that he was selling a few...he said no, he was thinking of trading a few off....
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by marakka August 1st 2011, 1:36 pm

Wow. I apologize for that. I explained that I was on this forum and that there was this section about classic cars that were just laying around dormant. Told him I snapped a pic of the firebird and monte and put em on there and got a response out of those two. Now.... I had come up there and he had the Monte in the shop and we worked together on cleaning it out and his reasoning was that he wanted to get pictures of it taken, get it running and have it sold. When I told him about the response I got to this thread, I then asked if it would be ok to give out his number and information so that people could contact him about purchasing the cars. I asked him if he was particular about who they went to or if he had prices blah blah blah. I didn't want to seem invasive when I asked all this stuff. Hell..... at the end of the conversation he joked "I'll have to figure out a finders fee for you" referring to the fact that I'd have sold them for him if they did in fact sell.

Like I said, I'll talk to him tonight to see what the deal is. I hope I didn't upset him. We'll see.

marakka
Car washer

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 1st 2011, 5:31 pm

Some people are funny about things. You never know what some have going on in their life sometimes. He may have just been having a bad day when John talked to him. No biggie..
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by marakka August 2nd 2011, 6:06 am

Thats exactly what it was. He was having a terrible day and from the way he put it (I've never met John but I got a giggle the way he described his "banter") he was rubbed the wrong way from the get go.

Its not that he doesn't want to sell. He doesn't have time to wipe his (BEEP) at the moment. He just got bombarded with a ton of stuff and he's trying to retire. The day this happened he just wasn't feeling it.

If there is serious interest still in the cars, I can continue to help you out, but it will be slow going as I have to relay through him when he's not being pressured by work, or the college or any number of other things.

marakka
Car washer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 7th 2011, 7:04 pm

marakka wrote:Thats exactly what it was. He was having a terrible day and from the way he put it (I've never met John but I got a giggle the way he described his "banter") he was rubbed the wrong way from the get go.

Its not that he doesn't want to sell. He doesn't have time to wipe his (BEEP) at the moment. He just got bombarded with a ton of stuff and he's trying to retire. The day this happened he just wasn't feeling it.

If there is serious interest still in the cars, I can continue to help you out, but it will be slow going as I have to relay through him when he's not being pressured by work, or the college or any number of other things.
Dear marakka;
I am interested in the Monte Carlo, my friend. And yes, all 1970 and later Monte Carlos came with the 402 BB instead of the 396. Chevy stopped building the 396 CID in 1969, yet for some as yet unexplainable reason, some 1970 year model Chevys, such as the Chevelle, were introduced with the *new for 1970 402 Chevrolet engine* while other models were touted as having a 396, even though in all reality they were all the 402 CID.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 October 7th 2011, 7:25 pm

marakka wrote:Thats exactly what it was. He was having a terrible day and from the way he put it (I've never met John but I got a giggle the way he described his "banter") he was rubbed the wrong way from the get go.

Yea, my man "banter" didn't know dude had a estrogen level problem...
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook December 15th 2012, 5:02 pm

Anything ever wind up happening with these cars? A real shame to see the Firebird and Monte wind up lost to the elements...

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down