{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any truth to this email I got?

4 posters

Go down

Any truth to this email I got? Empty Any truth to this email I got?

Post by RebStew February 20th 2011, 6:16 am

Dear fellow Patriot,

Nearly 1 million American rifles.

Banned by a stroke of Barack Obama’s pen.

In a move unprecedented in American history, the Obama Administration secretly banned the re-importation of nearly one million American made M1 Garand and Carbine rifles.

The M1 Garand, developed in the late 1930’s, carried the United States through World War II seeing action in every major battle.

General Patton at the time called the M1 Garand “the greatest battle implement ever devised.”

The rifle is largely credited with giving American soldiers the advantage and securing victory for the allies.

During the Korean War, nearly one million of these rifles were brought to South Korea and left with the South Korean government afterward.

Now, South Korea wants to give American gun collectors the chance to get their hands on this unique piece of history.

A piece of American history that Barack Obama would like to see go down the memory hole.

That’s why I need as many Americans as possible to put themselves on record opposing this gun ban by signing the Official Firearms Freedom Survey I’ve enclosed.

Will you please join me?

After World War II, the United States government sent millions of these rifles overseas to our allies and friends.

Over the past 50 years, many of the countries we lent them to returned them to America to be bought and sold by firearms collectors.

This is nothing new.

Make no mistake; these rifles were made in America, by Americans, for Americans, to defend freedom on foreign shores.

As a part of our history, they are greatly sought after by American shooters and collectors.

But according to Hillary Clinton’s State Department there is a danger they might “fall into the wrong hands.”

That they might, possibly, one day be used in a crime.

No mention of the hundreds of thousands of gun owners deprived of the opportunity to own an integral part of American history.

The State Department’s outrageous claims are nothing more than a thinly veiled ploy to distract from the real issue:

President Obama’s deep seated hatred for gun rights.

While his gun-grabbing base is giddy with praise at this back-door gun ban, law-abiding citizens across the United States are crying foul.

Let me be clear: at no time in U.S. history has the ownership of this firearm -- or any part of this firearm -- been illegal, restricted or banned.

Americans have collected World War II M1 Garand and Carbine rifles for decades.

Now they are sold through the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

You can even purchase a newly manufactured model from Springfield Armory that was made just a month or two ago.

And the M1 Garand’s caliber or capacity is no more dangerous than the millions of modern firearms owned by Americans across the country today.

As you can see, there is absolutely no justification for this unconstitutional gun ban.

This is just the latest in a series of anti-gun schemes from the Obama Administration:
*** New BATFE regulations on semi-automatic rifles, requiring firearms dealers to act as an informant to anti-gun federal bureaucrats if someone buys more than one rifle;

*** The Disarming American Citizens Act (H.R. 2159 in the last Congress) letting Attorney General Eric Holder revoke the Second Amendment rights of ANY American he chooses based on pure suspicion;

*** Notorious anti-gunners appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court and other senior administration positions;

That’s why it is essential that Americans like you and I take a stand against the M1 Garand gun ban!

It has been common practice since the end of World War II to re-import these American made rifles from the foreign allies they were lent to during the war.

But the Obama Administration departs radically from the American tradition.

In fact, on top of banning American citizens from owning these historic firearms, Obama’s State Department is arranging for the destruction of nearly one million of them -- ironically, at a time of ballooning federal deficits.

It’s an outrage!

These firearms -- truly pieces of American history -- rightly belong in the hands of U.S. citizens.

That’s why I’ve joined with the National Association for Gun Rights to fight this power grab in the U.S. Senate.

Do you believe the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Second Amendment are the supreme law of the land?

Do you believe that President Obama banning the re-importation of these historic firearms is an unprecedented and unconstitutional power grab?

Do you support Congress forcing President Obama to reverse his ban and save these American made rifles from destruction?

If you said “Yes” to these questions, please sign the Firearms Freedom Survey the National Association for Gun Rights has prepared for you.

Your survey will put you squarely on the record AGAINST Barack Obama’s Rifle Ban.

And along with your signed survey, I hope you’ll send a generous contribution of $250, $100, $50 or even just $35 or as little as $25 to help finance this battle.

With your generous contribution, the National Association for Gun Rights will continue contacting Second Amendment supporters to turn up the heat on targeted U.S. Senators.

Not only that, but they’re preparing a massive program to launch the designed to force President Obama to reverse this ban.

Direct mail. Phones. E-mail. Blogs. Guest editorials. Press conferences. Hard-hitting internet, newspaper, radio and even TV ads if funding permits. The whole nine yards.

Of course, a program of this scale is only possible if the National Association for Gun Rights can raise the money.

But that’s not easy.

So please put yourself on record AGAINST Barack Obama’s Rifle Ban by signing NAGR’s Firearms Freedom Survey.

But along with your survey, please agree to make a generous contribution of $250, $100, $50 or even just $35.

And every dollar counts in this fight so even if you can only chip in $10 or $20, your help will still make a difference.

Thank you in advance for your time and money devoted to defending our Second Amendment rights.

For Freedom,

Rand Paul
United States Senator
http://www.nagr.org/M1_RP_Survey1.aspx?pid=oo
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Any truth to this email I got? Empty Re: Any truth to this email I got?

Post by Crucial February 20th 2011, 7:36 am

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/obama-bans-more-than-100-000-american-made-rifles

yeah the M1s were denied ... or so i remember reading
Crucial
Crucial
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU February 20th 2011, 5:08 pm

You have two different issues at hand in that email. First, the South Korean army still used the M1 until recently and wanted to sell about 1 million variants of the M1 to gun dealers in the US. Initially, the Obama Administration agreed to allow the guns to be imported. They then reversed themselves due to the fact that the M1 is capable of supporting a large capacity ammo clip. What was happening here was that the Obamanators were going to allow an exception to the ban on the importation of certain classes of weapons already in place, but then decided to let the barrier stand instead. There is a way to avoid the law by dismantling the guns and selling them as parts. They can be imported then and what would have to happen is that a few parts would have to be remanufactured in the US for the guns to be sold as complete assemblies. The same restrictions apply to AK 47s & AK 72s & so on. So, it is a ban that was already in place prior to the annointed one taking office.

The second issue is the House Resolution that would give authority to the Attorney General to deny the transfer of weapons or explosives to people he has a reasonable belief are terrorists or affilliated with terrorists. The problem people have with this is that there are no standards by which the AG must act within and the AG doesn't have to tell the person denied a weapon why it has been denied. I don't think that bill passed both Houses because I can't find anything on it, but I'm not certain.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 20th 2011, 7:44 pm

Z-YOU wrote:You have two different issues at hand in that email. First, the South Korean army still used the M1 until recently and wanted to sell about 1 million variants of the M1 to gun dealers in the US. Initially, the Obama Administration agreed to allow the guns to be imported. They then reversed themselves due to the fact that the M1 is capable of supporting a large capacity ammo clip. What was happening here was that the Obamanators were going to allow an exception to the ban on the importation of certain classes of weapons already in place, but then decided to let the barrier stand instead.
I thought ban on the hi cap/ magizines Bill from 1994 ended in 04 or 05?? I need to read up more on some of this stuff. Just doesn't seem like I have that much time. They change from one thing to another faster than I can get through the books.

I am not much on importing anything to or from. I think we should take care of ourselves but the world is so screwed up with how they are running everything it will never again be as it once was many years ago. So if we have to I see no reason in not letting SK import their guns. It think we need to help SK out as much as possible because of the issues with NK. Maybe a little bit of those funds could go towards more or better military equipment for South Korea.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU February 20th 2011, 8:26 pm

The issue for some people is that the restriction is on importing guns from other countries but the M1 was actually manufactured in the US. The rub is that even though they are US made, they would be IMPORTED here from S/K.

We help S/K plenty. Say North Korea were to overrun South Korea and take it. Would the impact be more or less than South Vietnam falling to the North? The thing is, in the end, why do we care? How is it in the national interests of the US to protect South Korea? Hell, the South Koreans want us out of there.

I say leave and stop spending money there so they can compete with us and win the manufacturing and shipping battle. I'm past us being the world police. I use to believe in the whole balance of power crap, but the only people that benefitted from that was the banks an military industrial complex - and they still are.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin February 20th 2011, 11:50 pm

Z-YOU wrote:
We help S/K plenty. Say North Korea were to overrun South Korea and take it. Would the impact be more or less than South Vietnam falling to the North? The thing is, in the end, why do we care? How is it in the national interests of the US to protect South Korea? Hell, the South Koreans want us out of there.

I'm past us being the world police. I use to believe in the whole balance of power crap, but the only people that benefitted from that was the banks an military industrial complex - and they still are.
I agree with you. But just like the importing stuff the policing of the world will never stop We are in over our heads now and everyone looks to us to do it. They cry when we are there but first sign of trouble they ask us for help. Even within our ourn country it wouldn't fly. There are just too many bleeding harts.

I'm all for keeping to ourselves. No policing other countries, stop sending aid as in our mony all over the world, limited ex/importing and more. It just won't ever happen unless we go into another world war.

If our Goverment wants to help so many people out why not stop sending aid to everyone for one year and take that money and pay to each home owner that holds a bank note on their house. Money would go to the bank to pay a house off that cost no more than $190K when it was first bought. Home owners that lived in that house and only hold a note on one house not two. That way scum lords coundn't pay off their rental properties that drive home value down. That would take care of most middle class and below. Thinks of what the economy would be like after that. Thousands and thousands of Americans not having to worry about making their bank note every month. Americans having extra spending money to buy stuff with. American money going to Americans instead of 3rd world countries. Sounds crazy doesn't it????

How would it feel to have a extra 5, 6 or $700.00 bucks a month to spend and not owe a house payment!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin February 20th 2011, 11:50 pm

Sorry. Got off track. hahhahaha ah aa
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down