{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey dayton guys check this out

5 posters

Go down

Hey dayton guys check this out Empty Hey dayton guys check this out

Post by 6-71Kid January 3rd 2008, 2:50 am

There going to be several new sonics opining in the dayton area And I figured that it would be cool to meet up at one.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/search/content/oh/story/business/2008/01/01/ddn010208sonic.html

Sonic addition drives in to local restaurant mix in several locations
Kentucky-based franchisee plans to open 30 stores around Dayton over five years.

By Tim Tresslar

Staff Writer

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A franchisee of Sonic Inc. drive-in restaurants plans to open stores in Kettering, Huber Heights, Beavercreek and Celina in 2008 as its regional expansion continues.

The franchisee, Houchens Industries Inc., already has selected sites in these cities and has received zoning approvals, said Rick Fee, the franchisee's director of operations. In addition, Houchens will open Sonic stores in Urbana in January and Springfield in February, Fee said.

The company, which entered the market last year, opened stores in Troy in August and Englewood in December, he said.

Ultimately, Bowling Green, Ky.-based Houchens plans to open 30 stores over five years in Dayton, adding a new restaurant chain to the local mix of eateries.

Houchens officials in December approached the city of West Carrollton about opening a restaurant at 881 E. Dixie Drive, part of the redevelopment of the former Woody's Market site in that city. Fee said his company will submit plans to West Carrollton during the first quarter, but city officials haven't signed off on a restaurant there.

The 3,400-store restaurant chain's concept includes carhops on roller skates, sandwiches made with thick Texas toast, tater tots and milk shakes.

"We have a distinct niche," Fee said.

Fast-food and other styles of eateries prefer to cluster together, creating a magnet for hungry conusmers, said Lisa Grigsby, the Miami Valley Restaurant Association's marketing director. But, while restaurants benefit by being close together, a new arrival also adds some competitive pressure, she said.

"You'll feel some impact, but it will be so minimal," Grigsby said. "I think one of the things Sonic will do is re-introduce a style of dining that hasn't been around forever, which is that family dining where you sit in the car and have them bring it out to you. It's more of an event."

Houchens owns the right to develop 11 counties in Ohio and one in Indiana.

Contact this reporter at (937) 225-7317

or ttresslar@DaytonDailyNews.com
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Hey dayton guys check this out Empty Re: Hey dayton guys check this out

Post by 40standard January 3rd 2008, 3:19 am

they couldn't make a go of it in Indiana

40standard
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid January 3rd 2008, 3:26 am

Actually there 16 Locations in Indiana and only 10 in ohio

Hey dayton guys check this out MarketMap
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 3rd 2008, 1:47 pm

I'm a ready Teddy! Sure would like to see one up here on Resturant Row. Be close to your school ( Of course you'll be done!).
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 3rd 2008, 2:14 pm

I say we start weekly meetings at the one in Mexico, I here they have the best water there.....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 3rd 2008, 2:44 pm

40standard wrote:they couldn't make a go of it in Indiana

Yeah, I couldn't believe that the one in Speedway was closed, maybe the location? The Dog-n-Suds didn't last long there either. That's the only one I've seen in Indiana.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil January 7th 2008, 4:58 am

Pretty good food, but still corporate BS. The best (and probably the only one still operating) car hop in the Dayton area IMO is The Root Beer Stand on Woodman. Still a locally owned Mom & Pop, plus they make their own Root Beer!
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid January 7th 2008, 5:50 am

Man I love going there. Probally one of my favorite places to eat, and its just around the corner from me.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down