{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer super 8 to DVD

5 posters

Go down

Transfer super 8 to DVD Empty Transfer super 8 to DVD

Post by LRS30 December 20th 2007, 5:51 pm

Does anybody know of a company in the Cincinnati area that can transfer old super 8 film's to dvd. We were shooting the breeze last night at the folk's and I was telling them that I wanted tyo have some copies of our old super 8 home movies.(For you young whipper snappers this was how we filmed way before beta even) So going thru them is where I ran across some marked "Tom's 57 Vette" the one that started it for me I must have been 3 or 4 and (I know some of you have heard me babble about this car) and Dad brought this beast home, It was a real deal Gasser style show car, Gold Metal Flake with candy tangerine fade, Flip front end white tuck and roll int. Chrome Suspension Chrome Funny Car Driver's loop HArd Top 327 four speed. Even though my memory is clouded with malted hops and bong resin, I may not remember my Wedding Anniversary, or my how to get to my In-laws house, but I remember this car, and the fact that the only photographic evidence of this car is on super 8 I have to have a copy of it. And as I dug deeper I ran across some films from Edgewater Raceway in the mid-70's and a couple of the Indy U.S. NAtionals from 70-71-and 72, not sure of the quality of any of these because it has been years and years since I have seen these but if I can find a quality company to copy these and not burn them up in the process, I would be willing to burn some copies of these once I get them burned for myself and family....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Transfer super 8 to DVD Empty Re: Transfer super 8 to DVD

Post by Mr. Fabulous December 20th 2007, 5:54 pm

Most of the good camera stores can do that kind of stuff, but brace yourself. It ain't cheap!

I'd sure be interested is seeing some of that old racing footage. I was going to Indy and Edgewater back then but the problem is that it doesn't seem that long ago! I guess that sorta dates me. That's about when they were just getting into the 5's at about 240 if I remember. That's was of course the fuel cars and I really only paid attention to modified ans super stock eliminators. Be neat to see some footage with the old Granny Goose, Ault & James, DJ, ..................
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 December 20th 2007, 6:35 pm

I know we have some of the Chi Town Hustler, and of Course Big Daddy and Gene "The SnowMan" Snow, from what pop's was telling me..But being an Old Retired Fart(kidding he turns 59 tommorow) his memory is as lousy as mine....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 20th 2007, 6:58 pm

if that's the big reel and you can't get it transfered I think dad has a projector we can use to check them out. I haven't seen it in a while but I'm sure he has it stashed away some place
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid December 20th 2007, 9:57 pm

I was talking to some guys on anouther form about something like this. The figure the cheapest and easyist way is to set up the projector and use a high quality camcorder to tape the screen.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous December 20th 2007, 10:42 pm

LRS30 wrote:..But being an Old Retired Fart(kidding he turns 59 tommorow) his memory is as lousy as mine....

Careful there bub!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by 40standard December 23rd 2007, 12:57 am

where can I find a super 8 projector? I took my out of the box about a month ago to watch and it quit working

40standard
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 December 23rd 2007, 5:32 pm

Yhea I could use one as well I tried Goodwill along time ago and bought 2 of them but have had no luck since....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous December 24th 2007, 4:30 pm

You mean they don't have anything like that on E-bay?
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid December 24th 2007, 5:27 pm

6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918