{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project)

+3
JRiggs
Mr. Fabulous
LRS30
7 posters

Go down

OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project) Empty OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project)

Post by LRS30 December 18th 2007, 10:44 pm

OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project) IMG_3536
My new toy's

OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project) IMG_3541
The Model was a Floyd Coterpin that me and the boy built a few moon's ago!

OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project) IMG_3548
So I decided to take one of our 1/24th scale NASCAR Carrera Brand Slot cars and cut it up and make it cool,after seeing what I did my brother one up'd me and built a 28/9 five window of what we hope his car turns out to be.I have to say his handles better than mine(for the time being)!I'm trying to get him to post some pics of them on the track....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project) Empty Re: OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project)

Post by LRS30 December 18th 2007, 11:03 pm

OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project) GetAttachment
Here is Kevin's car(Ryan's Brother)

OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project) GetAttachment2

OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project) 1
His is a Resin Cast body and the chassis is also a NASCAR CArrera, and I believe his other pieces came from a Good Guy's Model kit...
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project) Empty Re: OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project)

Post by LRS30 December 18th 2007, 11:07 pm

OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project) GetAttachment5

OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project) GetAttachment4

OK! I really need to get a Job(My new 32 5 window project) GetAttachment3
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous December 18th 2007, 11:31 pm

I can see this possibly getting out of hand. I had a few 1/24 slot racers but I hopefully won't be able to find them. I have a friend in St. Louis that has a scale 1/4 mile slot track and in the winter they race once a week. They have a good turnout and have some pretty big meets. I think they have one of those full scale practice trees setup, win lights and the whole deal. In the summer they all race at Gateway and the surrounding NHRA points meets with their full scale racers and he's an announcer. They're sick pups too and have taken it to a pretty high level. They have guys that drive for hours for some big meets with their 1/24 racers. Pretty cool.

Build full scale racers in the winter to drive in the summer, and build 1/24 scale racers in the summer to race in the winter? Could this be something else to do once a month in the winter besides set and lie about how fast we used to be?
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs December 18th 2007, 11:49 pm

i dont know much about slot cars. but if its the same scale can it run on any track? i have a nice one that i bought dont really have the room for it. but have been thinking about setting it up on a piece of ply wood and sliding it under the kids bunk bed when not being used.... man we need a club house...... Very Happy
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 December 18th 2007, 11:59 pm

I'll have to set up a time after x-mas for you guys to come over and check it out we've been real busy doing all kinds of stuff to there house up here as well...He sets up a whole x-mas Village it gets out of hand every year... He collects Dept. 56 Village houses these things can get pretty pricey.But he's retired and out of messing with Vettes so he has to spend it on something I guess....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff December 19th 2007, 12:16 am

I always wanted to buld a drag car out of a AMT altered wheel base 65 chevelle I have but since found the parts to restore it,there is a 1/24th scale drag strip in downtown Miamisburg along with a 1/24th scale round track and a H/O track made like mid ohio. I might have a extra body and will build one if I can ever find the time and hang out at the tracks during the winter. Jeff

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by fuel10922 December 19th 2007, 5:52 pm

We had a local track that just went out of business. Which sucks because now we have no where to run or 1/24 scale stuff. The track would have drag racing on Fridays, with both bracket and heads up classes. My son and I would go and spend hours in the winter months. We called it the "Kentucky Winter Nationals!!" We built 3 drag cars ,a couple of vintage NASCAR slots, and some road racers.
fuel10922
fuel10922
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid December 20th 2007, 3:18 am

I have one slot car but its 1/32 scale.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 December 20th 2007, 5:22 pm

thats really what we run.....I'm a full out junkie on these...I got in last night at 3:30a.m., my brother and I went to Fast Lane Hobbies and dropped about $100 bucks each on a couple new cars and some new tires...Was it smart to do before x-mas probably not was it fun oh hell yhea...(Lisa if you read this I meant $10, and Kevin did'nt buy anything)...... silent
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 20th 2007, 6:39 pm

LRS30 wrote:...(Lisa if you read this I meant $10, and Kevin did'nt buy anything)...... silent
ha ha hahah that's funny
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down