{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coleman/Tyler AR15

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Coleman/Tyler AR15 Empty Coleman/Tyler AR15

Post by Z-YOU September 30th 2010, 8:19 pm

I've been thinking about getting an AR for a while and today I pulled the trigger on one. Picked up front & rear sights & a 30-round mag also.

http://www.colemantyler.com/proddetail.php?prod=PCCMMGRIFLEM4NOSIGHT

Ordered 1000 rounds from the ammo man. Reloadable brass 62 grain for $349 delivered.

Next week when it all gets here I'm gonna go try it out.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Coleman/Tyler AR15 Empty Re: Coleman/Tyler AR15

Post by Cratethis October 1st 2010, 3:16 am

Cool!
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU October 1st 2010, 4:31 am

Could have saved $35 if I had ordered the ammo from AIM Surplus. Mad
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis October 1st 2010, 5:09 am

Hadn't heard of this place. They have a great price on 8mm! Think I'll order some in a week or so.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU October 1st 2010, 5:37 am

Looks like ammo man has a much better price than Aim Surplus on the 8mm.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 1st 2010, 9:54 am

Nice AR. Mine is a Bush Master. Fun to shoot for sure. Little on the $$ to shoot alot but still fun from time to time.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU October 1st 2010, 10:28 am

Bushmaster is very nice. Cost more than I wanted to spend though. I bought reloadable rounds because they are pretty pricey to shoot & my brother reloads them. What I ordered are steel penetrator rounds. Guess you don't really need those to shoot paper targets @ 150 yds. Could have gotten hollow point steel for about $230/1000. Still a dollar every time you shoot 4 rounds. My wife & son will shoot it too & we'll have a blast. Maybe we'll go down to the Knob Creek Machine gun shoot & play around. There are some gun crazy people that go to that thing for sure.

Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 1st 2010, 11:05 am

I'd like to hit a range before winter comes in. I guess I could go to Mark's anytime though. I mounted a scope on my boys 22 and want to site it in. I don't think I've done any shooting this summer. Kind of strange for me.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU October 1st 2010, 11:11 am

I can take you to Kenton Game & Fish one day if you want. I can only have one guest at a time, but it won't cost you anything to shoot as my guest. The gun range is 150 yds shooting under a covered area.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 1st 2010, 11:24 am

If I can ever get some free time that would be cool. A friend was telling me about an outdoor range about half an hour down south I-71 Didn't sound like a bad place. He said a guy was blasting off a full auto when he was there so I don't guess they care what you bring.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU October 1st 2010, 11:30 am

Don't know of a range down I-71. The state-owned range is in Dry Ridge - Curtis Gates Lloyd. It's a nice long range but you have to shoot through a steel pipe & every time I've been there people are cued up waiting in line to get a spot to shoot from. I think one time my son waited 1 1/2 hours to shoot.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis October 1st 2010, 3:11 pm

Thats where I usually go. I've never had to wait. There have been people there and usually they are pretty good about being curious. And free is hard to beat.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 1st 2010, 7:11 pm

That may be the place. It seemed like he was saying they had to shoot through something like that. I'm not much on the hurry up and wait for a spot to shoot though. I can shoot out at the property. It's just alot nicer to have a place set up for it now. The 22 will travel a long way if it was to deflect off something. Old Decorsey is right across the river from our property. I was always wanting to dig me out a spot to shoot but never did. Maybe one of these days.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU October 1st 2010, 8:21 pm

Yeah. Shooting stuff on the ground is strictly prohibited at Kenton G & F unless it is placed on one of the berms. Had to explain this to my son because he wanted to lay some plastic bottles on the ground and shoot them. No
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU October 5th 2010, 6:29 pm

Should get my ammo today. Just got notice that the gun shipped. Had a bunch of issues with Herbs & More in Florence faxing their FFL so things were just unreasonably delayed. Wanted to shoot the gun this weekend but it probably won't be here. Mad
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU October 8th 2010, 10:26 pm

Ammo delivered. Got a notice from UPS that an exception occurred on the gun in Illinois. Before the exception it was suppose to have been delivered Monday. Now, no delivery date listed. This never happens when I get delivery from FedEx.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU October 28th 2010, 4:10 pm

I did get the gun a few weeks ago and I have gotten out to the range to shoot it several times. I really need a scope. I can hit the bullseye and all around it from 100 yds but I couldn't hit any trap birds I put out on the embankment at 150 yds. Pretty close, but no cigar.

It is a pretty nice little long gun.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 28th 2010, 6:41 pm

I think they sell more stuff for the AR than almost anything else know. You can really trick one out with any kind of extra you want to put on it.
I never did get to site in Aryan's 22. I took alot of my stuff out with the guys a few years ago. It was fun shooting but I'm funny about dirty guns. We spent a few hours shooting and it took me a couple days of cleaning to get them like I like to keep them.
My boys know how to shoot and gun safty but that's about it. Corey is old enough now I need to start showing him or to break them down and some trick on some of these old 3rd world rifles.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU November 5th 2010, 1:50 pm

After doing some more shooting at the range, I decided to buy a scope for the AR & get a laser bore sight. They both got here yesterday. I had to spend some time trying to zero the laser & I'm not real happy about that. Cost me $60 & it's pretty much loooking like a piece of crap. We really have to start making things here in the USA again.

I'm going to try to get back to the range today & see what I can do with the laser & scoped guns. We have scopes on a couple of savages & never have zeroed them in. The darn 22-250 costs over a $ every time you pull the trigger.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 5th 2010, 2:56 pm

I had a friend give me one of the LB's years ago. I tried it out and wasn't happy with it either. It was a cool gadget but just would not work right. Even after it was sighted in the gun would sit here for a few months and next time it was shot it seemed like it was out of wack. I got tired of messing with it and yanked it off.
A little different but some remember Bob Williams from the garage in Dayton. He was fired up about that Glock that he bought. It had a lasor sight built into the gun. I can't count hour many times I was with him and he would check it to only find out the laser wouldn't work. When he would slide the pistol into the holster it would turn the laser on and it would stay on untill the batteries went dead.
Cool stuff but seems like alot of hassle sometimes.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU November 6th 2010, 3:38 pm

Got to the range and wasn't even on the paper at 50 yards setting the scope up with the laser bore sight. Sent it back. The beauty of buying anything from Amazon is that they have a phenominal return policy/process.

Ordered a different bore sight.

I did get the AR dialed in but mow I have the other guns I used the defective laser on. Hopefully the one I just ordered will work properly.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 28th 2011, 7:43 am

So have you played with the AR any more? Do ya like it?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU January 28th 2011, 2:41 pm

Yes I have. It was a good purchase. Fairly accurate gun. Not so accurate shooter.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 10th 2011, 9:12 pm

Anyone see that gun show on tv last night. Guy made some AR's that was under 6 pounds and was doing every trick in the book trying to mess them up and they worked perfect. I sure would like to get my hands on one but I'm sure the price is through the roof. They were testing the gun and were dropping the clip through the cycle and then shoving them back in trying to get a jam. Worked perfect. Shoved some brass in the reciever trying to get it to jam. It tossed both out. They even shoved another shell in the AR to have a double load. two shell in it to see how fast they could clear it. They popped the bolt back and both popped out PDQ. It was one fine weapon.
The name of the show may be Son's of Guns. But I'm not sure. The company does some killer work on everything they do. They are also making suppressors. I'd like to get a couple for some of the stuff I have but they are through the roof on price too and then there's that $200.00 tax fee to the goverment and a slew of paperwork you have to go through. It sure would be nice to shoot without blowing my eardrums out. Yes I do were protection but some of my stuff is still really loud.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky February 10th 2011, 11:47 pm

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10