{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benefit ride...

2 posters

Go down

Benefit ride... Empty Benefit ride...

Post by Cratethis September 7th 2010, 10:51 pm

The young man that died in the motorcycle accident left behind a little 2 year old girl. I got to meet her this past Sunday. She is very cute.
To help his little girl out, the family setup a fund where people can donate money. They asked for this instead of flowers and such to help her in her future.

To help raise money for her they are going to do a benefit ride. I don't know how many here have a bike, but I wanted to give everyone the option.

The tentative plans are:
Sept 18th, beginning at First Church of Christ in Burlington Ky and ending up at Muggbees on US42.

I know there are other things going on on Sept 18th. I will update as things become more solidified. I will find out what time they are planning on getting to Muggbees and if they are doing anything there. It would be cool for some hot rods to show up at Muggbees if they are doing music and stuff there.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. The family still has a long road of healing.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Benefit ride... Empty Re: Benefit ride...

Post by RebStew September 7th 2010, 11:44 pm

I moved this thread to the open forum B.M. just in case others wanted to join in on this good cause. Wish I still had my scooter. I'd tag along.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis September 17th 2010, 7:33 am

UPDATE...

The guys that are putting this together haven't been the most organized and were dragging their feet. I offered to take it over and organize the ride so we can do this for the little girl. This seems to have gotten them motivated.

The ride has been reschedule for October 9th. They are supposed to be making a flyer. Once I have more information and a copy of the flyer, I will post it here.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis September 23rd 2010, 7:25 am

I know a lot of people are on other forums, if you can please pass this around and post it up on other forums. Feel free to bring your hot rods out to Muggbees between 2pm and 5pm!

Here is the update...

Benefit ride... B1387435

Last edited by Cratethis on September 24th 2010, 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis September 23rd 2010, 11:03 pm

I have to update the poster... I was just told that this is a ride/cruise. Come on a bike or bring your car. All are welcome on the cruise. It would be really cool if we could have a good club showing. And our cruise got rained out to Rabbit Hash in the spring, so... now we can still get one in this year!
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis September 24th 2010, 3:32 am

Updated
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down