{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking a passenger at the drag strip?

+2
magicman_1968
RebStew
6 posters

Go down

Taking a passenger at the drag strip? Empty Taking a passenger at the drag strip?

Post by RebStew August 1st 2010, 8:03 pm

There was some confusion about riding a passenger down the track. We was talking about it before the track day and no one was for sure if it was okay. The Edgewater rented day it was happening but I guess that was because it was closed to the public. So I guess that's where the confusion came from.
I emailed Tri State but didn't get a reply from them untill today.

Here what he wrote:

Obviously I'm late in replying to you and I apologize for that. I do not always check my e-mails daily. In the future if you have a question with a deadline, please call 513-863-0562.
Now to answer your question. NEVER is a passenger allowed in a car going down the track. If there is ever any doubt ask when you come in the front gate and pay your admission..DO NOT ASSUME and do as you please. We have rules and regulations by which we must abide.
NHRA/Insurance dictates the rules.
If you came on Saturday (and I think you did) we welcome you. If not please visit with us in the near future.
Tri State Dragway

My reply:
We showed up. Had a good time other than the rain. We had 8 or 9 cars come up with us. We didn't bother to try to take anyone as a passenger as we never heard if it was okay or not. As for( DO NOT ASSUME and do as you please) We would never do anything and try to get away with it. That is why I emailed you. It was nice to get up there and it was good running weather if the rain would have held off. We are planning on coming back up next Saturday and try it again depending on what the weather man says. Thanks for having us and see ya soon.
Steve Stewart
Scrounger CC
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Taking a passenger at the drag strip? Empty Re: Taking a passenger at the drag strip?

Post by magicman_1968 August 1st 2010, 8:45 pm

Well now we know Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Taking a passenger at the drag strip? Empty Re: Taking a passenger at the drag strip?

Post by JRiggs August 1st 2010, 9:41 pm

and knowing is half the battle
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 1st 2010, 11:40 pm

another reply..

THANKS FOR COMING. WE APPRECIATE ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS. I CAN'T CONTROL THE WEATHER (although it would be nice to be able to do that sometimes) WE'LL JUST HOPE FOR THE BEST FOR NEXT SATURDAY. Nice and Sunny with a slight breeze and around 80 degrees!!!!!

See you next week and bring all of your friends with you.

Tri State Dragway
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel August 2nd 2010, 4:18 pm

So far it's going to be nice. But what does the weather man know...
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr February 10th 2013, 2:27 am

There is a track here in Western NY that used to have IHRA sanctioned events. For whatever reason, they lost their sanctioning, and once it became a "private" track, (without sanctioning or an event) it was commonplace to see "slow" cars make the 1320 with a passenger. By slow I mean anything slower than 13.99. Can't attest to what other tracks do, and I have never been to any other track, in fact, it has been probably 5 years since I was at this track. But slow cars would on occasion have passengers. Might have changed by now.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook February 10th 2013, 5:59 am

I believe that Tri-State allows for passengers if you run slower than 13.99. But double-check just to be sure.

later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down