{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage 50's GE Refrigerator - Works Great!

3 posters

Go down

Vintage 50's GE Refrigerator - Works Great! Empty Vintage 50's GE Refrigerator - Works Great!

Post by Blue Eyed Devil April 26th 2010, 12:06 am

This is a REALLY cool vintage 1950's General Electric Refrigerator in good working order. I was using this fridge in my home until yesterday when I moved in a larger (but much more boring) model. Unfortunately I don't have room to keep it so I am passing it on. The outside is white and does have some chips and scratches from it's lifetime, but it wears them well and presents nicely. The inside of the fridge is the real gem. VERY VERY nice inside! It is turquoise plastic lined with copper colored aluminum shelves and brackets. There are two holders for old glass-style milk bottles, vegetable drawers in the bottom, egg & butter compartments in the door, and a freezer in the top. There are two features that really set this fridge apart from both vintage and modern units - One is the polished stainless steel step pedal across the bottom of the fridge. Step on it and it opens the door for you when your hands are full! The other cool thing is the "lazy susan" type shelving. The bottom two shelves of the fridge actually rotate out to get to the items on the back of the shelf. What a couple of cool ideas that didn't catch on for some reason. It's so handy! This was definitely the "Cadillac" of refrigerators in it's day, and it is much larger than a lot of other units I have seen from the same era. It gets lots of attention from visitors! Great for a vintage or retro-themed kitchen, bar, garage or anywhere else. $250. Thanks...

Vintage 50's GE Refrigerator - Works Great! CIMG1199

Vintage 50's GE Refrigerator - Works Great! CIMG1200

Vintage 50's GE Refrigerator - Works Great! CIMG1202

Vintage 50's GE Refrigerator - Works Great! CIMG1205
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Vintage 50's GE Refrigerator - Works Great! Empty Re: Vintage 50's GE Refrigerator - Works Great!

Post by RebStew April 28th 2010, 2:52 am

I dig this fridge. I just have no room.
Vintage 50's GE Refrigerator - Works Great! Icon_lol You trying to get me kicked off that rat rod forum? LOL Bunch of goofballs..I get in trouble every time I post over there.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Vintage 50's GE Refrigerator - Works Great! Empty Re: Vintage 50's GE Refrigerator - Works Great!

Post by Blue Eyed Devil April 28th 2010, 4:43 am

RebStew wrote:I dig this fridge. I just have no room.

You should have plenty of room after getting rid of my Galaxian game! Haha... Laughing
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by robbyrobot July 23rd 2011, 10:47 pm

may I see pictures of your 1950's General Electric Refrigerator

robbyrobot
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil July 24th 2011, 1:34 am

Check the date - fridge is sold...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down