{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thorn Hill?

+5
magicman_1968
Cratethis
ss 383
hp77skylark
RebStew
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thorn Hill? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thorn Hill?

Post by magicman_1968 February 12th 2010, 4:21 am

Cool as hell....that looks like the tree line out there dont it.....
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 12th 2010, 4:21 am

Jim Werthington Sir.... Very Happy Did you know any of these guys in the Clutch Jumpers? If so I have some pics of some of the members you may know.. I'd like to talk to them a little if any are left.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 12th 2010, 4:31 am

It looks like it from the first pic but here is the starting line. With it being so long ago it's hard to tell.
Thorn Hill? - Page 2 Cj2

These guys in the Clutch Jumpers were tied in good with the city of Newport. I have letter on top of letter from Commissioners and the Police Chief bragging on what a good job the club is doing. If it was a Covington car club maybe Newport was helping out. It's hard to say without digging.
Here is one from a car show The Clutch Jumpers put on held at the Newport Shopping Center. Nothing to do with Thorn Hill but it's just cool.
Thorn Hill? - Page 2 Cj16
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 12th 2010, 5:02 pm

The law is cracking down on them and the drag strip can't race real late into the night or on Sundays any longer. We would need to figure out when we could go and make a day of it with everyone. I think it would be pretty cool.
I also heard that Edgewater may be on it's way out the door. The gravel pit or whatever that is around it bought it out. They are in contract to run either 1 or 2 years and after that it's doomed too. That means Tri State is going to get busy! Mad
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by hp77skylark February 12th 2010, 5:24 pm

First they take all the places for our kids to play now they want to take our places to play away. Its just a matter of time till we start getting into trouble and running amok.
hp77skylark
hp77skylark
Scrounger

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 12th 2010, 6:01 pm

lol I hear ya. Sad thing is that 's true. To crowded to hit the Big Mac now a days. I guess we will have to go back to Rt 8 lol. Laughing
When I was in Campbell County High school we raced across Visalia Bridge. If the Campbell County Police came after us we could drive over the bridge and onto old Decorsey. The PD would stop becasue they didn't want to call in the next county back before they were allowed to go across the invisible county or state lines. Same with Kenton County. It seemed like a long stretch of road when we had slow cars. Not that mine is fast now but I could not see racing anyone down that road now. We would take off right after the curve and be stopped before we went across the tracks. LOL Yeah we had some slow junk. .. It was still fun.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by hp77skylark February 12th 2010, 6:27 pm

I still got the slow junk, i remember back in the day 13's were the fast cars around and i still haven't got back to that yet. But those were sure good times.
hp77skylark
hp77skylark
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis February 12th 2010, 6:42 pm

They take all this stuff away and they wonder why all these kids are getting in trouble with street racing. Some say that it's because of the tracks that kids go there, but then can't keep it on the track. The the tracks cause it to spill into the streets. I know where I lived in Viriginia there wasn't a place to go to the drag strip, but that didn't stop all the street racing. It was pretty bad out there when I was there. Much worse than it ever has been around here.

The phrase, "Land of the Free" is starting to really lose it's meaning.
Everything is either bad for us, or too dangerous. It's a wonder we are even alive since all of our parents shouldn't have survived long enough to have children.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by hp77skylark February 12th 2010, 7:03 pm

Just my own stupidy should have killed me long ago but I hear ya on everything else. I probably have a brain tumor from being on this computer.
hp77skylark
hp77skylark
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 12th 2010, 7:54 pm

The Club I believe was the "ROD BENDERS".. A buddy of mine who's father just passed was a member of the club.. His name was Kenny Marquis, and another friend of mine Jeff Crowe his Father was also instumental in the starting of the track if memeory serves me right.. They Built a pretty wicked 27 roadster and campaigned it for a bit, not sure what happened to it.. Next time I see Jeff or Aaron (KENNY's SON) I will see if I can get the actual low down and some of the newspaper clippings of the track and the car from back in the day......
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2