{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baptism

3 posters

Go down

Baptism Empty Baptism

Post by CustomCabby November 12th 2009, 5:09 pm

Isn't it weird how God works?

About 6 weeks ago, my wife and I were about to call it quits. I was doing things I shouldn't have been doing and along with loosing my house to foreclosure and the business going down the tubes, the stress was just at an all-time high. I made every excuse I could make to justify how I felt with my marriage and my lack of happiness. So, needless to say, my actions outside of my marriage caused me to be faced with possibly loosing my family also. So one day, while I was staying at my sister's house, I just had enough and went out to the reservoir and just sat there in pity during a pretty harsh rain storm. I was so mad at God for the path that I was going through and just lashed out. All I can remember was saying "why, why, why... etc." And at that instant, this little voice in the back of my head said.... "Yeah, why!?" As I still sat there, I realized it was God saying that to me in reference to 'Why, are YOU doing this to ME?'. I went back to my sister's and went to bed and then woke up the next morning with such a lightened feeling.

See, when I was about 15 my parents took us and got really involved in church. I gave my life to Christ but never really "lived" it. I always just sat back and thought "confessing my sins to God and telling everyone I believed in Him was enough." And that's how I had lived for so long.

But that morning when I woke up after that experience the night before, I just felt different... almost like a calming feeling over me. At that moment I realized what I needed to do. I prayed. I asked for Him to just comfort me and help me understand what I was supposed to do, but better than that, I re-committed my life to him. I did something I had never done before and that was putting him #1 in my life. Yes, even before my kids and my wife. I laid it out to him to just do whatever had to be done in my life but also to help me understand it. And help me to just keep my focus on him and to rely on Him with whatever came into my life, being that is was His wishes that it was in my life.

At this time, my wife took my kids and just had a night away at a nice hotel just to help have some fun from the stress of the week previous. Keep in mind that this was a Saturday and I made my mind up to go to church on my own the following Sunday. I had never been the husband/father that God intends for a man as being the figure to lead his wife and children to church. That role was always played by my wife. So, I went to church!

Long story short, my pastor spoke about stepping out of your comfort zone and to witness who God is to you and invite people to church. And also asked if we would shy away from a rough looking person if they came up to you totally tattoo-ed up and looking not the best in appearances or would you open your arms and invite him to your church.

Went home and packed some of my things up to take to sister's and headed to gas the truck up. I had a friend from about 10 years ago come up to me to say hey. He just unloaded all his whole life on me. While he was talking to me for about half hour he made it known he did some time in prison for some bad decisions, lost his kids, was moving from loosing his house... etc. This whole time I felt the pressure from God to invite this totally tattoo-ed, rough looking guy to my church, and step out of my comfort zone to witness to him. I told him to hear me out as I explained that it was just an hour ago that we had a sermon and now I was standing in front of someone that definitely needed some of God's healing. As I invited him to church, he started to tear up as he accepted. I explained to him that I am a broken man with a broken family and the only thing I have left to turn to for help is God and can only be mended through Him. I told him I didn't want his number for fear of him feeling I was pressuring him to come to church but told him I would meet him there next week. HE SHOWED! And with his wife.

God has continued to heal my broken family and my broken heart. And has continued to hold my hand through everything I am faced with.

My friend told me that it was his wishes to be baptized in his new faith. WOW!!! It was set up for this Sunday, the 15th. He spoke with our pastor this week and after that meeting, he called me and requested that I be the one to baptize him. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I first thought un-privilaged to do such a thing but then thought again, "God used me to bring my friend to Him and who am I if God wishes for me to be the one to help my friend turn his life over to God through me aiding in his baptism?" I accepted.

Friends..... everyone goes through their troubled times and always asks the question... "why God?", or "where are you God?".

Let me share again what God said to me....

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, SON? WHY DID YOU DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM ME? I'VE BEEN HERE THE WHOLE TIME, EVEN WHEN YOU WEREN'T."

CustomCabby
Restorer

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Baptism Empty Re: Baptism

Post by RebStew November 12th 2009, 5:54 pm

That is very moving. Thanks for sharing. I think we all need to be a little closer to God. I know I have strayed away more than I should. I think God puts words of wisdom in the hearts of some to bring joy or the notion of doing the right thing in times of need. He has used you again because I needed to hear it.
If you keep this up we are going to have to nick name you Preacher.

This is off the subject but:
Does anyone know where Andy came from? How he found the Scroungers Car Club? I was on another forum and someone put up something about being saved. There was a bunch of post and there was a few that didn't agree but alot that was involved with the thread and talking about it. Remember how most forums are. foul talk from time to time and sometime some could be just rude. After the thread got rolling the Mod. didn't care for it and he locked down the thread. I believe in the rights if freedon of speach and freedom of religon so this upset me. The more I thought about it the worse I got. Later that day I was looking through the forum and came across some pretty crude stuff. Nothing that we don't deal with on a daily basis but still crude and I thought how could a forum let that go but lock down a thread talking about ones choice to to be saved.
I PM him through the forum and told him I wasn't going to talk on the forum anymore and if he wanted to chat about anything he could find me on Scroungers.net
Glad you stopped in Andy.
Now go give your wife a hug Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by CustomCabby November 12th 2009, 6:09 pm

RebStew wrote: He has used you again because I needed to hear it.

as awkward as it is for some to hear someone talking about God, everyone needs to hear it.... on a continuous basis just as a reminder of what all He has done for us.

So many people don't take the time to question themselves.... "could I have put MY son on a cross to pay for EVERYONE'S sin?" I try to picture my sons on the cross, and as soon as I do, I take them down and put myself up there. A message was given on the cross, and even if I'm not on the cross, it's still my job to pass on the message.

CustomCabby
Restorer

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel November 16th 2009, 5:41 am

Thank you Andy that was great! I know that prayer is a very powerful thing! Sometimes in this crazy world people need to stand still and listen to what God has to say... I know I could never thank him enough for all the prayers he's answered or the words he's given to me. For some people a strong church is a must. The fellowship is priceless. But without God's guidence none of us can move in any direction. I often wonder why it's so hard for people to talk about God and all his wonders. I used to have terrible migraine headaches. No medicine would take it away. I would go to church and they would annointe me with oil and pray for me. By the time church was over my headache was gone. I love the Lord and couldn't live a day without him.

Congrats on the great things that are moving forward in your life!!
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum