{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

old school drags edwge water................................

+5
LRS30
1/2done
Shane
FalconEddie1964
jbs10
9 posters

Go down

old school drags edwge water................................ Empty old school drags edwge water................................

Post by jbs10 August 12th 2009, 5:45 am

this week end randy v, and jeff ar running thir cars i think that thirs a car show and a swap meet toohttp://www.edgewaterrace.com/ so seeing if some of u spoungers r driving up , by the way yes car show and a swapmeet
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

old school drags edwge water................................ Empty Re: old school drags edwge water................................

Post by FalconEddie1964 August 12th 2009, 6:13 am

I think I'm going but I don't have anything to race.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

old school drags edwge water................................ Empty Re: old school drags edwge water................................

Post by Shane August 13th 2009, 12:39 am

Neither does john......

Shane
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 August 13th 2009, 4:23 am

fire chicken.
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 August 13th 2009, 5:33 am

Hey...................is that Nova going to be up there? It looks like it might be best to drive it in and run the street driven class as opposed to the trailered class. I was just going by the pics on the web sight. There looked like last year there were some pretty heavy hitters in the trailered class.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done August 14th 2009, 2:07 am

I think my buddy John is taking his 9.50 Maverick.
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 August 17th 2009, 12:33 am

I WENT DOWN THERE THIS AFTERNOON AND THAT WAS DEFINATELY A WASTE OF TIME AND GAS. 🐘 I GOT THERE A LITTLE LATE, IT WAS ALL DONE AT ABOUT 2:30. I SAW THE FINALS IN STREET AND TRAILERED, I GUESS. cheers THERE WEREN'T ENOUGH CARS TO GO ROUNDS EVIDENTLY. I SAW DAINJUN AND HIS FRIENDS DAVE AND ROGER. ALSO TALKED TO JIM WILKINS FOR A BIT. THEY SAID JEFF WAS THERE BUT HE MUST HAVE ALREADY LEFT BEFORE I FOUND ANYONE. I DON'T BLAME HIM. THERE OF COURSE WASN'T ANY "SCROUNGERS" THERE OUTSIDE OF US THREE. :pirat: I THINK I'M ANOUT TO GIVE UP TRYING TO RUN INTO "CLUB MEMBERS" AT ANYTHING BUT A FUNCTON WHERE THERE'S FREE FOOD. pig I'VE BEEN TO ALL TYPES OF EVENTS IN OHIO, INDIANA AND KENTCKY AND HAVE ONLY RUN INTO 3 OR 4 MEMBERS ALL SUMMER LONG. confused LIKE THE MOTEL SUPER 8 TV COMMERCIAL.................."WHY ARE YOU IN YOUR YARD?" Question
I GOT A FEW PICS OF PEOPLE LEAVING............I MIGHT POST LATER TONITE, I'M HOT AND TIRED AND STILL WONDERING WHAT ALL THESE ALMOST 50 CLUB MEMBERS ARE DOING ALL THE TIME. THERE'S A BIG REUNION AT KILKARE DRAGWAY NEXT SUNDAY. I'D LIKE TO GO TO IT BUT HAVE COMMITTED TO COME DOWN TO THE NEWPORT SHOW. I'M NOT SURE WHY, I GUESS SO I CAN WATCH PEOPLE SET AROUND BEHIDE THEIR CARS AND STARE AT THE REAR BUMPER. No I'VE SEEN MINE YEARS AGO WHEN JEFF AND I CUT IT UP. IT'S NOT THAT PRETTY.
:farao:
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 August 17th 2009, 1:05 am

I was there early but had to leave due to a Volleyball gane at 3:30, you guys know me I am always down for some good drag racing, but committed to my kids first, hell I did more car related events today than most of the year...lol I even took in a PONTIAC show at Jeff Wyler out here on Rt 18 in Burlington.. Sorry I missed you Doug, I will be going to BG again in October if your interested .... Ryan
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff August 17th 2009, 1:32 am

Doug I caught a glimpes of you as I was leaving,I got there about 11:30 and there was plenty going on then and had a good time and ran into a few people I knew. As I was heading up 128 and Tri State was letting out too so it looks like they both are done about 3,KilKare is having a race next sunday and its something about a 50th aniversary deal and might be there instead of the show in Newport. I have been dragging the woman to many car shows and need to go to more races since she used to race so I might be at the track some before they close the gates for the year.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 August 17th 2009, 2:22 am

LRS30 wrote: I will be going to BG again in October if your interested .... Ryan

Yeah, I'm planning on being at Bowling Green. The boys with the Hemi are coming to race and need a couple of crew members. Sorry I missed you too!

Man Jeff, if they don't have enough cars to last past 2:30, that's pretty lame. I talked to Dennis about maybe going to the Pileup if it's not the weekend of the GG's in BG.

Also firmed up the fact that his friend Dave is going to Bill's reunion this fall/winter.

I guess the trip was not a total waste, but that's the first I've been to Edgewater in 40 years and probably won't go back for another 40.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done August 17th 2009, 3:29 am

I need a higher stall converter so I talked myself out of going. John had to stay home for Karen, she has cancer and isn't doing well. Jason took his 64 Biscayne and went into the second round.
Maybe next year.
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Number of posts : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 August 17th 2009, 4:21 am

me.glenn.jr.jeff.randy was thir.u do know it was a sunday race it stated at 9;oo
it was 40 times better than last year. last year thir was 10 cars in the car show.
but see yous on sunday.
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr August 17th 2009, 9:32 pm

FalconEddie1964 wrote:THERE OF COURSE WASN'T ANY "SCROUNGERS" THERE OUTSIDE OF US THREE. :pirat:

Not a Scrounger. Very Happy But I was there. Saw some faces from around here like Jeff and his girl, Da Injun, Jim Wirthington and Brandon Bowling plus some others I know. Defiantly ended early.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 18th 2009, 9:34 am

FalconEddie1964 wrote:COURSE WASN'T ANY "SCROUNGERS" THERE OUTSIDE OF US THREE. I THINK I'M ANOUT TO GIVE UP TRYING TO RUN INTO "CLUB MEMBERS" AT ANYTHING BUT A FUNCTON WHERE THERE'S FREE FOOD. I'VE BEEN TO ALL TYPES OF EVENTS IN OHIO, INDIANA AND KENTCKY AND HAVE ONLY RUN INTO 3 OR 4 MEMBERS ALL SUMMER
So negative..There was 8 club members there. You guys need to wear your T shirts so you can see each other and wake up earlier than noon to get to where you are going. LOL
I think the club has done alot this summer. The Newport Car Show has slowed us down a bit but we will be hitting it hard again after that. We had almost 20 club cars at the Saturday Night Cruise in this week.
This is the first year I have missed. I was at other showS passing out flyers. Did anyone think of passing any out at the Old Car Drags??
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 18th 2009, 9:53 am

junkyardjeff wrote:,KilKare is having a race next sunday and its something about a 50th aniversary deal and might be there instead of the show in Newport. I have been dragging the woman to many car shows and need to go to more races since she used to race so I might be at the track some before they close the gates for the year.
We do one car show a year and you are not going to make it? That doesn't sound right. Doug is screaming for club participation. You should make a showing. I'm starting to feel like Doug now. I don't understand why you would pass on your clubs one and only show. It's only once a year. Every member should be at the show and helping out if there is something that needs to be done.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous August 18th 2009, 2:08 pm

If there were so many members there I don't see why they left so early. Most of the races I've been to on Sunday last at least till 5 or 6 o'clock. I guess the hall passes were only good for a couple of hours.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff August 18th 2009, 2:31 pm

I would like to come down but I am down to 4 days at work since its very slow and I need to quit spending money like there is no tomorrow so I need to stay close to home so I might be able to make it,if the KilKare event is more expensive then the gas to go south then I will be there but need to check their website to make sure. Depending on how much I work this week I might not even go to where its cheaper due to a house payment coming up and just stay home and save money,in my line of work its dead around here so car shows and other events might be over for the rest of the year so dont be offended if I dont show up. Plus I have had enough of car shows and cruise ins and its time to do something else and would like to go to the races but depending on how much I work determines what I do so I will figure it out later this week.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 August 18th 2009, 9:52 pm

I'm gonna try to bring the 31 down, I hope its still where I parked it 3 weeks ago, I better call and make sure it has'nt been towed off.....Wish me luck, if not I will be down in my muddy FJ-40
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff August 19th 2009, 1:58 am

I think I am just going to stay home this weekend and take it easy,I thought my back was getting better but I think its time to see the doctor and I dont think I could get comfortable at the track or a car show unless someone has a recliner I could sit in.

Last edited by junkyardjeff on August 19th 2009, 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to add something)

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 August 19th 2009, 5:58 am

LRS30 wrote:I'm gonna try to bring the 31 down, I hope its still where I parked it 3 weeks ago, I better call and make sure it has'nt been towed off.....Wish me luck, if not I will be down in my muddy FJ-40

For a ride in the rumble seat you could be a trophy winner!! cheers
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 August 19th 2009, 5:59 am

junkyardjeff wrote:I think I am just going to stay home this weekend and take it easy,I thought my back was getting better but I think its time to see the doctor and I dont think I could get comfortable at the track or a car show unless someone has a recliner I could sit in.

Don't be a wimp man, we need more cripples! You can just take a good lawn chair and set and look at your back bumper. Yours was a lot better than the one we put on the Mercury. You'll just set around at home anyway. You might as well set down there. You may even get a glimpse of Ryan's old coupe. I saw it in BG. That alone is worth the ride, and they'll have free H2O! You can't beat a deal like that with a stick.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 August 20th 2009, 10:13 pm

Its still where I left it, maybe if I leave now I can make it by Sunday.....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 August 21st 2009, 3:52 am

LRS30 wrote:Its still where I left it, maybe if I leave now I can make it by Sunday.....

Yeah I know, when we saw you in that thing down in Bowling Green it was really flying around the camp ground!
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down