{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics

+3
FalconEddie1964
magicman_1968
RebStew
7 posters

Go down

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics Empty RDCC's Thaw Out Pics

Post by RebStew May 10th 2009, 6:01 am

What a great time. It didn't go as planned on the way up but I'll get into that later. All that matter now is to let everyone know that Vice President Vickers beat the President by a car and half, maybe more and I want a rematch. So Vickers, I'm call you out chump! Very Happy
I'm only posting a couple pics and I have to get some sleep. I'm beat. more pics when I get time. If anyone has some pics post 'em up

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 017-7

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 018-6

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 019-8
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics Empty Re: RDCC's Thaw Out Pics

Post by RebStew May 10th 2009, 6:07 am

I sure would have liked to see more than 3 club cars but we did have them loaded down. 8 of us showed up.
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 007-9

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 004-6
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 May 10th 2009, 7:33 am

That picture with you guys at the line looks like Vickers car is really hookin up with front end pulled up in the air. Twisted Evil Cool picture of you guys Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 May 10th 2009, 2:29 pm

Pacemaker is about the second oldest strip in Ohio, I think. Chad and I talked to a local racer that told us it's owned by Larry Nelson who works at Jegs and raced way back when. I remember when he was racing a 55 Chevy Junior Stocker a long long time ago.
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 037
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 009
[IMG]
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 014
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 015

You can see that there's a slight hill down track. Evidently that was Stewart's concern as he slowed and Vickers took the trip to Victory Lane.
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 016

A few other of the racers there.............

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 018
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 019
There was a Falcon there that was running consistant 5.60's in the 1/8th but he loaded up and left early so I didn't get a pic.

A line up of a few of the entries
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 007
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 020
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 024
Could this be the fastest car in the club? On this day he was the winner.
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 026

A Nova had a rare set of Hurst wheels
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 025

There was a fellow shooting pictures for a web site. He had some explaination of how he was shootng infared shots and the grass would look white and light hair would look dark or some kind of story. Chad was there and can probably explain it better................

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 030
The guy said he was shooting something like black and white

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 031
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 035
ORDCC's Thaw Out Pics 032

Or color

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 028

I can't speak for everybody but I think we all had a good time. The weather cooperated. It was a bit wind at times (possibly another factor in Stewart's defeat) but the sun was out all afternoon. The exciting part of the adventure was on the way up.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr May 10th 2009, 2:53 pm

FalconEddie1964 wrote:Chad was there and can probably explain it better................

He was just a perv! Twisted Evil

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 10th 2009, 6:41 pm

I tease Vickers alot but I am sure glad he was running with me on the way up. His trunk has more tools in it than some guys garages do.
When Amy first got the 57 the hood latch was messed up. I screwed with it a bit and got it working for a while but the day before taking off it wouldn't close. I messed with it for an hour just trying to get it to open. It won't latch but won't open past the safety latch. So ask me how do you have a hood that won't open or CLOSE! :!:
I thought I had it closed but just for safety I stuck a bungie cord on it. Little bit into Ohio the hood came open. Rolling Eyes We found an exit and tied the hood down with 3 bungie cords and off we went.
Few exits past Jegs Speed Shop we almost lost a wheel. It started shaking and by the time we got pulled over we had 1 lug nut holding the wheel on. Out came Vickers bumper jack and we snugged the one lug nut the best we could. Look over off the highway and what do we see? NAPA!! Very Happy
We got the 57 to the parking lot and I went in to get the studs and lug nuts. NO LUG NUTS! Mad By the time I walked out of the store the 57 was chalked, jacked up and the wheel was off. I thought this is like a pit crew and we will be on the highway in just a few seconds.
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 001-12
THAT'S what I get for thinking. The hub was froze on the rearend worse than I had ever seen. It wouldn't come off. We thought it was the brakes so we had to buy a brake tool to back them off. That was a chore on it's own. All the young Napa sales men didn't know what we where talking about. It took a while but they found the tool. Back to the car. It wasn't the brakes. The center hole was stuck. We all took turns prying the back of the drum while a big hammer beat on the protruding part of the axle. This thing was stuck. While we where working on that Doug & Chad found a closed mag shop and beat on the door until the owner open. Luckily he was an ol' hot rodder and open up the shop and gave us the lug nuts. He wouldn't take any money and opened up again for more lug nuts. He told us if they didn't work come back and grab some more. He was working on a 34 Ford Very Happy
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 002-9
After banging, and prying on the drum for what seemed like forever I ask Napa for some extention cords and had to climb up on their cases of oil to the roof where the closest outlet was to plug it in. Vickers whipped out his grinder and with some sparks flying the drum came off. I heard that it was Joe that gave the good blow with the hammer that it ended up coming loose. After installing the studs the axle moved and I heard a clank. I looked up under the car and the U joints are waisted! After all this I didn't care. Lets roll! The wheel went back on. Chad rechecked the rest and we where off again!
Johnny figured out what the deal was. The round part that goes through the drum is bigger than the hole in the Jap wheels that are on the wagon. The wheel is not sitting flush on the drum and is flexing. This was not the same wheel that came off on Amy. It was the other side. These wheels are coming off soon! Anyone want to buy 'em??
Sorry for holding everyone else up and thanks for the help.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 10th 2009, 6:50 pm

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 005-8

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 003-9

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 006-9

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 008-9

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 009-9
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 10th 2009, 6:51 pm

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 011-8

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 010-10

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 012-10

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 013-9
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 10th 2009, 6:52 pm

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 014-8

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 020-8
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 10th 2009, 7:04 pm

I didn't plan on running the slug 57 and with a bad u joint I was worried about making it home. Vickers kept ragging on me because he didn't think I'd take it on the track with the u joint messed up. I called his bluff. I thought for sure the guys would be pushing me off the track. Vickers got me but man I got the bug. I was almost ready to drive half hour to get a u joint just so I could race. I didn't care for loosing or for the slug I was driving it was just flat out fun going down the track. I was giggling like a little kid going down the track. It seemed funny racing 1/8 mile. I've only race 1/4's I was still into it long after the 1/8. I thought about even bumping the time and going for a rematch but I could get the friggin' hood open. LOL so with a bad u joint and no way to get to the engine I just watch.
It was Junkyard Jeff's Wagons turn to get taken down by Vickers Skull Crusher 51 Chevy. The 390 Ford wasn't up to the task either.
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 021-8

The wagon is behind Vickers
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 022-6

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 023-6

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 024-6
It was super cool to see the old cars beating down the track. Something that we don't get to do much. Tech was relaxed to say the least Very Happy
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 025-8

Last edited by RebStew on May 10th 2009, 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 10th 2009, 7:15 pm

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 027-8

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 028-9

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 029-7
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 10th 2009, 7:49 pm

To say Vickers gets into everything he does is an understatement.
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 031-5

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 033-6
Before we made it back to the highway the 57 grimlins started again. The speedo started growling so loud that we couldn't hear each other inside the car. We stopped for gas and I had to climb under the dash and undo the speedo cable. Rolling Eyes
It was good to see the Ky state line and we still made it back for the last ha;lf an hour of our Scroungers Monmouth St Cruise. I found it funny when I climbed out of the car and saw this Olds. I had scoped it out over on Oak St. a few nights before. The guy over heard me say that I just come from Pacemaker Dragstrip and he turned and ask "was Benny & Porkchop there?" LOL. Hot rod world is a small one and close knitted to say the least. Nice guys and I hope they will come around from time to time.
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 035-5
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by da injun May 10th 2009, 8:20 pm

Thanks for the photos......this is one show I wish I could have made. I really do not care for 1/8 mile, but it is still racing.

I tried to get off of work and could only manage getting one day off this weekend.....and that is today, which I spent getting the Monte Carlo up and running.....I'll be ready for cruising later this month.

That black 57 wagon is one bad (BEEP) ride....Rick Hacker owns it....and I'm sure you have seen that he is not afraid to thrash on it.
da injun
da injun
Mechanic

Number of posts : 257

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff May 11th 2009, 5:16 am

I got to teach the girlfriend how to drive a car with a carb,she is only used to vehicles with EFI and I forgot that I made the holley into a mechanical secondary carb and she was flooding it at the line. She was holding the brake and holding the pedal to the floor which you cant do in that car,I could never get the secondaries to kick in on that holley so I made them start to kick in at half throttle but I need to check with the local carb shop as he said there is a check ball that needs to be removed to eliminate the problem I was having plus its probably time for a tune up on it since I have put 16,000 miles on it since I got it going and the same set of plugs. I also got it leaned up some for gas mileage and I get over 16 on the highway and thats not bad for a 390 with over 100,000 miles.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr May 11th 2009, 8:37 pm

RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 018-1

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin September 4th 2014, 8:41 pm

RebStew wrote:RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 011-8

Blue Eyed Devil set me right on where I had seen this car that Earl bought. Funny how small the hot rod world really is.
Picture above is what I seen years ago. Here it is today.
RDCC's Thaw Out Pics 00215
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down