{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

>Wanna be painter or teach old dogs some new tricks<

+7
vettespd29
xycho_wraith
RustyKarr
6-71Kid
big dogs 42
FalconEddie1964
RebStew
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

>Wanna be painter or teach old dogs some new tricks< Empty >Wanna be painter or teach old dogs some new tricks<

Post by RebStew April 10th 2009, 5:58 am

Chuck Bowman stopped me today to invite some of us to a finish education workshop. What it's about is the new stuff they are coming out with has a different way to spray it than the old paint we use to use. It is a work shop set up to let the vendor show off his new product line and to show us what and how to use it. I think this would be a great class for the ones wanting to learn to paint or for anyone that paints. I'm sure you have noticed how this new stuff works differently than the old. I will go if some of you guys want to go. It is at the KOI in Newport on Tuesday the 14th at 5:30. This is not a time to be shy. Chuck said that they are not trying to sell anything at all. It is just a FREE class to show some new stuff and to be able to ask questions if you want to. All the novice or guys that want to learn to shoot, buff or whatever should try to hit this. Who wants to go? We can't just show up I have to RSVP so we can get in. So let me know if you want to go. KOI is even springing for the pop and food. What do you have to loose?

Last edited by RebStew on April 16th 2009, 4:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

>Wanna be painter or teach old dogs some new tricks< Empty Re: >Wanna be painter or teach old dogs some new tricks<

Post by FalconEddie1964 April 10th 2009, 6:56 am

Man, I'd love to go but I can't hardly work till about 6:00 and make there by 5:30. If you get some to go take notes so you can pass on the knowledge please.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

>Wanna be painter or teach old dogs some new tricks< Empty Re: >Wanna be painter or teach old dogs some new tricks<

Post by RebStew April 10th 2009, 7:13 am

FalconEddie1964 wrote:Man, I'd love to go but I can't hardly work till about 6:00 and make there by 5:30. If you get some to go take notes so you can pass on the knowledge please.
this will be going on till 8 or more. You could come in late if you really want to check it out. Be nice to see your smiling face. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 April 10th 2009, 9:04 am

RebStew wrote:
FalconEddie1964 wrote:Man, I'd love to go but I can't hardly work till about 6:00 and make there by 5:30. If you get some to go take notes so you can pass on the knowledge please.
this will be going on till 8 or more. You could come in late if you really want to check it out. Be nice to see your smiling face. Very Happy

I can only use the good car on Thursday and Friday. I don't feel real safe driving my POS quite that far. Maybe Jeff will come down and i can ride along. He's going to be painting here in probably about a month. He wants to paint his 66 Ford truck. Maybe Chad will trade me his truck! LOL

I had to park my white wagon in the drive way because the city has a law about cars setting on the street more than a couple of days. I can't complain since it sat on the side street since Thanksgiving. The wagon has a problem in the bellhousing of some sort. Anyway it's currently blocking the Merc in the garage. The Merc is suspension challenged in the rear. The air shocks need replaced. I know that's not much but money is really tight here with school bills and doctor bills, other wise I wouldn't be driving that Fairmont everyday plus the house has some repairs that must be done this weekend. $$$$
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 April 10th 2009, 5:32 pm

Last edited by big dogs 42 on January 27th 2010, 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid April 10th 2009, 8:40 pm

I'm going to come down as long as I get my unemployment check before then.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr April 10th 2009, 10:39 pm

FalconEddie1964 wrote:Maybe Chad will trade me his truck! LOL

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr April 10th 2009, 10:40 pm

Put me down for the class.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith April 10th 2009, 11:56 pm

for those who don't know chuck he is like a mad paintest lol hes prob the best Ive meet as far as paint he knows all the stuff and remembers every thing every car and def knows what hes talking about i think ill try and make this one

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 11th 2009, 2:48 am

So is that 5 so far? I can let Chuck know tomorrow. Chuck is the son of the father and son Bowman Paints that use to be on Scott St. in Covington. Before they were bought out by KOI. It was the last Mom & Pop Paint Shop in the area. They had a small store but no one could match their service. Part of the deal with the buy out is that Chuck and his dad went to work for KOI. They both are still active with the paint dept. of KOI.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by vettespd29 April 11th 2009, 10:34 pm

i wanta go bad but gotta work, i have a meeting after work kenny take good notes for me!!
vettespd29
vettespd29
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-03-27

https://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w147/vettespd93/1949%20Ford%2

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 April 11th 2009, 10:44 pm

what size nap roller do they use with the new style paints?
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 April 12th 2009, 1:42 am

Put this Buckeye down for the class, I can't be out classed by the Big Dog...... tongue
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 April 12th 2009, 5:21 am

Last edited by big dogs 42 on January 27th 2010, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith April 12th 2009, 11:39 am

i have no Ida what I'm talking about but if 3 is gloss and 1 is flat then what would 2 be if there is a 2 ?that would be neat ?

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 April 12th 2009, 5:08 pm

Last edited by big dogs 42 on January 27th 2010, 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 12th 2009, 5:24 pm

It doesn't cost anything. It's free to all of us. If you want to mapquest the address is:

Newport KOI Paint Shop
412 Central Ave
Newport, Ky 41071

When: 5:30 pm~Tuesday April 14th

This is the KOI Paint Store on 4th St. before you go across the 4th St. bridge into Covington. The building is pretty big and has parking lots on both sides. If you don't see Amy's blue 57 Chevy Wagon you are on the wrong side of the building. Some have said that you may be running a little late due to getting out of work. That is not a problem at all. Stop in after you get off of work. This is a very comfortable class type demo. Nothing fancy and all the guys are down to earth.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith April 12th 2009, 7:16 pm

big dogs 42 wrote:Semi gloss or flatwall Laughing
then i like 2

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 April 12th 2009, 10:25 pm

put me down.
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 13th 2009, 5:19 am

Looks like we have 9 going so far. Anyone else? I will call Chuck today and tell him we are coming. See you guys there..
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous April 13th 2009, 2:28 pm

Jeff and I will probably be a little late but better late than never!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 14th 2009, 2:31 am

BTT.. I stopped in and told Chuck we were coming. I'll see you guys there.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 14th 2009, 10:18 pm

Anyone want to get a taco after this?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous April 14th 2009, 10:53 pm

RebStew wrote:Anyone want to get a taco after this?

I'd be game for a bite. Probably won't have much time though. Do yta know how long this will last?

Wait a minute, I thought THEY were feeding the animals?
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 14th 2009, 10:57 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:
RebStew wrote:Anyone want to get a taco after this?

I'd be game for a bite. Probably won't have much time though. Do yta know how long this will last?

Wait a minute, I thought THEY were feeding the animals?
They are but I'm craving one of the new salads from taco smell.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next