{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any one have any ideas on how much HP my beater has in it?

5 posters

Go down

Any one have any ideas on how much HP my beater has in it? Empty Any one have any ideas on how much HP my beater has in it?

Post by vettespd29 March 27th 2009, 2:53 am

I have a 1949 Ford F1, just curious what it might be pushing as far as HP. It has a 390 big block ford (i know i know), rebuilt engine 100 miles ago (not 100 percent sure of what parts were used, which would make this an easier question) I know it has alum dish pistons speed pro, and a crane cam with I THINK he said a 505 lift?? If not its something close to that. It does have the factory heads that have been ported and polished, stock bore motor factory intake (you got me) with a holly double pumper that is new. I know this is a guessing game, but i know nothing about Ford engines just curious on some thoughts. The guy I got it from said it has over 400 but I dont have any clues. Thanks in advance!! What a Face
vettespd29
vettespd29
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-03-27

https://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w147/vettespd93/1949%20Ford%2

Back to top Go down

Any one have any ideas on how much HP my beater has in it? Empty Re: Any one have any ideas on how much HP my beater has in it?

Post by big dogs 42 March 27th 2009, 3:08 am

Last edited by big dogs 42 on January 27th 2010, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Any one have any ideas on how much HP my beater has in it? Empty Re: Any one have any ideas on how much HP my beater has in it?

Post by vettespd29 March 27th 2009, 3:10 am

nice!! I was way off!!! I was thinking I dunno like 280 stock back then haha. But i was thinking 385- 400 hp as well. This truck cant weight more than 1450 lbs, so it feels like it has 800hp haha
vettespd29
vettespd29
wrench fetcher

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 March 27th 2009, 3:25 am

The headers probably help that big old Ford more thaan anything else. Those big old things haave to be able to breathe.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by vettespd29 March 27th 2009, 3:52 am

breathe this big daddy will. I love sound just as much as the next guy but WOW. I drove this thing back from north of hamilton and WOW. when I got home if felt like my face was going to explode!!! maybe its age getting to me I dunno Question
vettespd29
vettespd29
wrench fetcher

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 27th 2009, 6:46 pm

vettespd29 wrote:breathe this big daddy will. !!! maybe its age getting to me I dunno Question
haha ha ha i cant wait to drive it this week dont sell it b4 i get 2 ur house age aint hurting my face

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksunshine March 27th 2009, 10:39 pm

xycho_wraith wrote:
vettespd29 wrote:breathe this big daddy will. !!! maybe its age getting to me I dunno Question
haha ha ha i cant wait to drive it this week dont sell it b4 i get 2 ur house age aint hurting my face

no but ur hurting mine.... sorry had to
blacksunshine
blacksunshine
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down