{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found

+8
silveradolady
Striping Stew 54
da injun
xycho_wraith
RustyKarr
big dogs 42
Mr. Fabulous
RebStew
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 Empty Re: Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found

Post by big dogs 42 January 15th 2009, 12:23 am

I want that 63 fastback ford and the 65 fastback musrtang!!! affraid affraid
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 Empty Re: Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found

Post by da injun January 15th 2009, 1:29 am

What? 850 bucks for a 40 Ford? Was it a coupe?
da injun
da injun
Mechanic

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2009, 3:01 am

big dogs 42 wrote:I want that 63 fastback ford and the 65 fastback musrtang!!! affraid affraid
Did you notice the rear splash pan? Very Happy It was optioned out too. 289 hipo car with AC. only thing it didn't have was pony interior.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2009, 3:03 am

xycho_wraith wrote:saw plenty of f bodies in the back ground the entire time bet u didnt get me a single part now did ya homie
I had no luck with getting anything for myself little alone anyone else. Either they wouldn't sell or I couldn't find the owner. Sad
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2009, 3:05 am

da injun wrote:What? 850 bucks for a 40 Ford? Was it a coupe?
It was fixable but no it wasn't a coupe. The real 40 Fords are coming soon Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2009, 3:40 am

Moving up the road we found this cool old ?? ghost town. What looked to be a real nice town at one time was being over ran by the mines. I guess the mined out the outside of town and then strted buying the town and mining it. I wish we would have looked around a little more but really didn't think much about it at the time.
Whats left of the Drive In.
Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4361

Old station.
Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4362

Shotgun shacks and old part of town was all boarded up. I should have taken more pics.

We came around the corner and was in Kansas.
Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4363
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2009, 3:44 am

On up the Road we were able to link up with Old RT 66 again and hit this little town.
Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4364

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4366

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4367

I sure would have liked to get these headlights, pretty cool truck...
Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4368
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2009, 3:50 am

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4369

We grabbed us a snack and went on up the road. RT 66 ended and we ran on RT 166?? I think it was. On up the road we ran in to a very cool junkyard.

more COE"S
Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4372

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4371

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4376
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2009, 3:54 am

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4375

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4374

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4373

Now it gets interesting. I talked to the owners son and ask about a few parts. His prices were through the roof and 3 times as high as you can get them off ebay so buying anything would have been hard. I did talk my way into the garage to check out his stash. I'll let the pics do the talking.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2009, 3:58 am

Now think of this. When is the last time you saw 3 or 4 1940 Fords sitting together in one spot?
I stopped counting 40 Fords at 11, there were more.
Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4377

I seen the sign after I posted the pic. I guess we were on 166 and 400
Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4378

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4379

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4381

Last edited by RebStew on January 15th 2009, 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2009, 4:01 am

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4380

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4383

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4384

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4387
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2009, 4:04 am

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4382

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4385

in the middle of that junk is a row of 40's it was hard to get pics with all the ?? junk laying around. One of which is what is left of a 40 woodie wagon.
Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4386

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4388

Last edited by RebStew on January 15th 2009, 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2009, 4:06 am

Old pedal cars were all over the place.
Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4389

out of everything in this yard he wanted to show me this. He just thought this was cool. Rolling Eyes
Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4390

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4391

Model A stuff.
Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4392

Last edited by RebStew on January 15th 2009, 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2009, 4:09 am

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4395

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4394

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4393

Like I said there were all kinds of cool stuff but the prices just kept getting crazier and crazier the longer we stayed so I thank them and we boogied on up the road.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2009, 4:30 am

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4396
Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4397

That's pretty much all the cool stuff. There were tons of old iron and cool stuff to see that was never posted. Road trips like this and running with other club members and or friends is just plain cool to me. I'm headed west in the fall to So Cal and then on into old Mexico for a what I hope for will be a parts gathering run. I'm driving my hot rod and I'm hoping to have a few more running with me. If you think this is something you may want to do speak up before fall. The run this fall with be with the old cars. No daily driven tuners are welcome. No land speed records will be broke but your rod needs to be able to do 70 MPH and have more than a 3 gal/ gas tank in it.. Old roads and stops like the Cadi Ranch on old RT 66 and stuff like that will happen often. A cheap hotel room will log a few guys sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags and stuff like that to get away cheap. Split the cost and it's super cheap. The run will be about a week and a half run. It may not take that long but I added a few days for problems or whatever happens.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 16th 2009, 6:19 pm

I went to the library last nite and looked at the pics. There was a 55 Ford fordor wagon that looked pretty good. I can't believe you went past that to see that old Model A crap!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Striping Stew 54 January 19th 2009, 7:21 pm

looks like it was a cool trip. afro
Striping Stew 54
Striping Stew 54
Scrounger

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by silveradolady January 20th 2009, 1:41 am

RebStew wrote:The cars were coming out of the woodwork now. I was glad we went to Austin. We were headed for Mexico after there wasn't anything around Houston but we had side arms in the truck and didn't want to take the chance of getting stuck at the border and having Jaun for a room mate in a Mexican jail. This fall will be the time to hit old Mexico's back roads past TJ for some parts. Want to go? Laughing

Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4321
Anyway we headed north into Oklahoma. It would freak you out at all the iron I took pics of and not posted here and the ones we just looked at from the truck. Back roads and trying to stay on what was left of old RT 66 was the plan.
This one got me going. At 60 + mph I was for sure that it was a T sedan. Getting the truck turned around and headed back already had me trying to figure out how to buy it from the old farmer. How rough is it?? man I seen myself driving it down the street with a wicked tall cab channeled over the frame 7".
Strike 2!
It ended up being a angle iron frame with a little box in front of it that I thought was the cowl. lol...
Another road trip and more RT 66 & back road iron found - Page 2 DSCF4323

From what I am seeing on the news, you may want to rethink your trip to TJ. Twisted Evil Seems that the drug dealers are having a blast down there beheading people. I don't think I would want to step in the middle of it.

silveradolady
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 40standard January 28th 2009, 1:02 am

really enjoyed reading about your trip. way better than that fat girl on the hamb trips

40standard
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by John B January 28th 2009, 1:23 am

40standard wrote:really enjoyed reading about your trip. way better than that fat girl on the hamb trips

Steve a few tips for better stories...

1. make cookies to bribe people with

2. find some one famous and take a picture with them

3. act like that famous person is your best friend

4. flirt with everyone to get them to do free work on your street rod

5. Act like you've been into traditional hot rods since the beginning

Actually momma always says, if you ain't got nothing nice to say " Say it with a smile and sarcasim" silent
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 January 28th 2009, 1:39 am

Steve we might have to re-think this trip with no head my collar would slip right of and the dog would run a muck!!!! Laughing
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 28th 2009, 2:09 am

40standard wrote:really enjoyed reading about your trip. way better than that fat girl on the hamb trips
LOL You couldn't imagine how far up on the totem pole you just went. LOL We all know our topless buddy and she can keep her cookies. I knew John B would get a kick out of that..
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 28th 2009, 2:12 am

big dogs 42 wrote:Steve we might have to re-think this trip with no head my collar would slip right of and the dog would run a muck!!!! Laughing
We can just change your name from dog to mule and the dealers will like us and even give us gifts to bring back into the states.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 18th 2012, 6:53 pm

Some of us were talking about this trip from a few years ago and I couldn't find the pics on here. Benjamin found the link and sent it to me. Just thought I'd bring it back up for the ones that was talking about it. Thanks Benjamin.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 May 18th 2012, 9:18 pm

Wonder how much of that has changed since your trip... How long of a road trip was it?
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next