{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show

4 posters

Go down

Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show Empty Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show

Post by RebStew November 2nd 2008, 2:55 pm

The family and I took off for Carter County in the 49 yesterday. As always it was fun hanging out with the guys from CCC.
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3612
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3614
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3613
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3615
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3616
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show Empty Re: Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show

Post by RebStew November 2nd 2008, 2:56 pm

Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3617
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3618
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3621
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3624
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3625
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show Empty Re: Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show

Post by RebStew November 2nd 2008, 2:58 pm

I'm gonna have to start stopping down more often. Some of these guys look like they have ages 4o years since I seen them last.
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3623
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3626
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3628
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3629
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 2nd 2008, 3:10 pm

Aryan went nuts over this Chevy. He took Aryan, Corey and myself for a ride around the school, 3 wheeling it the whole time. Very nice car.
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show Th_DSCF3666
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3630
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3687
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3689
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 2nd 2008, 3:20 pm

The guy with the low rider is also a skilled striper. Here he is laying down some lines on Baileys truck.
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3634
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3644
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3642
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3643
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 2nd 2008, 3:23 pm

He also wanted me to take note at how clean Bailey keeps his daily transport.
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3638
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 2nd 2008, 3:25 pm

Aryan has laid claim to the 49 saying it's his. So only fitting that he won a trophy for the old beater.
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3661
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3659
nice 55

Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3660
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 2nd 2008, 3:35 pm

As everyone knows I drive these junkers everywhere. Sometimes it gets me in trouble. The 49 picked up a bad noise from under the car on the way down. Pulling into the car show had everyone looking but not because of the car but the loud sound coming from the driveshaft. From what I think the front joints going out. It was bad. I didn't think the car would make it home. I was given a couple chances to rip it out and fix it , thanks to some of the CCC crew but I was too ticked off to fool with it. With a prayer upstairs I took off for the over 2 hour drive doing 50 to 65 on the highway. We made it back just fine!

The rambling was just to let you know it was all worth it when I seen Kevins son Cody start striping on Baileys tailgate. Cody is only 12 years old and is already showing the signs of a great striper.
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3653
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3657
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 2nd 2008, 3:47 pm

I was just blown away with Cody. A kid at 12 years old that can lay down stripes with a crowd of people standing over him and snapping pics without it bothering him. NO FEAR!
Even though the 49 will have some body work done over the winter I figured it would be a good canvas for him to practice on.
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3663
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3668
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3669
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3677
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 2nd 2008, 3:50 pm

Even with everyone around and Bailey trying to freak him out he kept his cool and did a great job.
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3679
All great stripers sign there work. If you get a striper that doesn't sign, they didn''t like the work they did.
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3683
When he was done I ask him what the damage was? he looked at me funny and said " I was doing it for fun". I told him no great striper gives his striping away for free. I paid him for the work and told him now he could take his mom and dad out for dinner. lol. Amy over heard him talking to Ma Bailey about that was his first paid job. I'm glad I was the first and I'm sure I won't be the last. Watch out for this young man in the future. He may just take Flatwood , Ky all the way off the map. (lol Inside joke)

Last edited by RebStew on November 2nd 2008, 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by John B November 2nd 2008, 3:57 pm

You know we're always happy to see you all pulling up at our houses or our car shows. Wish you could have stayed for the concert.

I've decided that when the time comes to redo the tailgate, I'll take that one off and buy a different one. After all it was the first vehicle he striped. The current tailgate will end up on the wall of the garage.

Last edited by John B on November 2nd 2008, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 2nd 2008, 4:00 pm

John B wrote:

I've decoded that when the time comes to redo the tailgate, I'll take that one off and buy a different one. After all it was the first vehicle he striped. The current tailgate will end up on the wall of the garage.
That would be cool
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 2nd 2008, 4:06 pm

We stopped at the Cracker Barrel to eat after we made it onto I-75. With a full belly and all the days site seeing the kids where really out of it on the way home. lol. Thanks for letting us hang out CCC and see ya next time.
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3694
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3693
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show Empty Carter County rock n' roll car show

Post by silveradolady November 3rd 2008, 12:34 am

RebStew wrote:I'm gonna have to start stopping down more often. Some of these guys look like they have ages 4o years since I seen them last.
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3623
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3626
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3628
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3629

I love the one of Heath. I needed a good laugh today.

silveradolady
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show Empty Carter County Cruiser rock n' roll car show

Post by silveradolady November 3rd 2008, 12:42 am

RebStew wrote:We stopped at the Cracker Barrel to eat after we made it onto I-75. With a full belly and all the days site seeing the kids where really out of it on the way home. lol. Thanks for letting us hang out CCC and see ya next time.
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3694
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show DSCF3693

Poor Corey looks like dinner didn't set too well with him. We were sure glad to see you guys. With a lot of familiar faces at this show, it almost felt like a family reunion. Thanks for supporting us.

silveradolady
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by John B November 3rd 2008, 6:10 pm

Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show S6305176

Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show S6305177

A small taste of what you all missed at the concert. Forgive the sound, my fat fingers got in the way of the mic and the slight popping is the power of the music being too much for my digital camera.

Crown Electric - Get Rythm and more
Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show Th_S6305189

City Heat - doing Soul man

Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show Th_S6305191
John B
John B
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel November 3rd 2008, 7:32 pm

As always I had a great time! It's like being with family. We wanted to stay to hear the music but with the car acting up. We wanted to get home at a decent time so we didn't have to wake anyone up to come and get us. I told Steve the car would make it home and it did!! I think God was just testing him..
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by John B November 3rd 2008, 8:01 pm

Lady rebel wrote:As always I had a great time! It's like being with family. We wanted to stay to hear the music but with the car acting up. We wanted to get home at a decent time so we didn't have to wake anyone up to come and get us. I told Steve the car would make it home and it did!! I think God was just testing him..

Well, if you all had wanted to stay. There was lodging waiting on you. Plus I'd have fixed you all breakfast in the morning.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel November 4th 2008, 8:58 pm

John B wrote:
Lady rebel wrote:As always I had a great time! It's like being with family. We wanted to stay to hear the music but with the car acting up. We wanted to get home at a decent time so we didn't have to wake anyone up to come and get us. I told Steve the car would make it home and it did!! I think God was just testing him..

Well, if you all had wanted to stay. There was lodging waiting on you. Plus I'd have fixed you all breakfast in the morning.
Maybe next time we'll take ya up on that!!
Lady rebel
Lady rebel

Back to top Go down

Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show Empty CCC rock n' roll car show

Post by silveradolady November 5th 2008, 2:47 am

Lady rebel wrote:
John B wrote:

Maybe next time we'll take ya up on that!!

Believe it or not Amy, John is a good cook! Very Happy

silveradolady
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel November 5th 2008, 7:17 pm

You must have taught him well!! Very Happy
Lady rebel
Lady rebel

Back to top Go down

Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show Empty Carter County Cruisers Rock & Roll Car Show

Post by silveradolady November 6th 2008, 2:11 pm

Both of my boys cooked. Unfortunately, the one that needed to learn, my daughter, wasn't interested. So she had to learn to cook after she got married. I felt so sorry for her husband.

silveradolady
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel November 6th 2008, 8:18 pm

silveradolady wrote:Both of my boys cooked. Unfortunately, the one that needed to learn, my daughter, wasn't interested. So she had to learn to cook after she got married. I felt so sorry for her husband.
That was me too. Poor Steve had to be patient..
Lady rebel
Lady rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down