{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somernites Cruise

+2
RustyKarr
RebStew
6 posters

Go down

Somernites Cruise Empty Somernites Cruise

Post by RebStew July 29th 2008, 12:10 am

What a blast!! We had 7 hot rods from the club cruise down together. I have to say that whoever moved the cruise starting point to Ohio messed up this year. There were more cars at the Richwood Ky rest area waiting to join in than was cruising from Milford. This is one of the better times I've had on this cruise. I guess because some of the club went. It was cool to see our cars cruising the 3 hour drive without a hitch.
Loads of fun even with the heat. Embarassed HEAT!! It did cool off later in the day and all was fine..
Super 8 was the place to be that night. Very Happy We had some fun and good food..Most of the crew took off for home other than my family and John and Lori. We went east toward WV and stopped in Greyson Ky for one of the Carter County Cruiser's Car Show. John and I both drug back a trophy from that show and headed back west on AA Hwy to get home. John pitched the muncie on the way home but was able to cripple it to his house. Anyone good at rebuilding a Rock Crusher?
TO ALL THAT RAN THE CRUISE WITH US... Thank you very much. I had a blast and it was good to see some guys show up and just have fun.
I really racked up some miles this weekend. I was dead to the world by the time I got home last night.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Somernites Cruise Empty Re: Somernites Cruise

Post by RustyKarr July 29th 2008, 1:11 am

I had a blast! Now to rebuild the carb on the Ford, switch the gearing and some other miscellaneous things. Then she'll be ready to cruise more. Anyone have a good 9 inch third member laying around or knows ho to set one up? Also anyone mess with Motorcraft 2 Barrels at all? I'm wanting to cruise it, not race it.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel July 29th 2008, 7:39 pm

I had a Blast as well! I never heard the final count for the Somerset cruise. Did anyone? I hope they will start in Ky next year. The car show in Grayson was great too. Of course anytime we get to hang out with our family from Olive Hill is always great!!
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by elecblue72 July 30th 2008, 3:29 am

just want to let everyone know that me and lori had a blast over the weekend lot of driving but it was worth it just to get away from here . i want to do it agin soon so everone get off the dam couch and lets do some cruizing . it was about 437 mile trip over the weekend but it was fun
elecblue72
elecblue72
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 July 30th 2008, 3:39 am

i loved it...me and Shelly had a great time with everyone.....sorry we didnt spend the night but maybe next year we will Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by vettespd00 July 31st 2008, 6:01 pm

Wish i could have made it!!!! 😢
vettespd00
vettespd00
Car washer