{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCORE!!

2 posters

Go down

SCORE!! Empty SCORE!!

Post by CustomCabby May 19th 2008, 11:20 pm

Mr. F... you will be glad to know that i just aquired a 302 w/5 sp out of an 89 stang. my brother in law totalled it out shortly after he bought it. it was pretty nice considering it only had 74,000 original miles when wrecked. was wanting to keep the truck pretty much stock with the 360 FE but i dont have the extra funds right now to rebuild it and it needs it pretty badly. the worst problem im going to have is wiring it back up because he started tearing it apart before i got it. and its fuel injected.

does anyone have experience with swapping one of these in with all the wiring? i have owned 5 mustangs so i know my way around them but taking one out and putting it in something that never had one is my concern.

CustomCabby
Restorer

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

SCORE!! Empty Re: SCORE!!

Post by JRiggs May 19th 2008, 11:32 pm

i dont know much but sounds like u might need to hit the junk yard and get a complete wiring harness
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by CustomCabby May 20th 2008, 3:05 am

i have the original harness but oh my.... that thing has 300 different connectors and 100 wires for each connector. well, maybe 99 wires for each one. i had it hanging over my shoulders earlier trying to figure some of it out and one of my kids looked at me like i was some kind of boogie man or the swamp thing.

CustomCabby
Restorer

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down