{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feds- go figure

3 posters

Go down

Feds-  go figure Empty Feds- go figure

Post by dieseldr June 23rd 2014, 12:47 pm

I'm sure you get exposure to lots of "boners" that the federal government pulls, every day. It seems they are still at it. Don't know if you have been witness to the many stories of unattended immigrant children (south american mostly) coming into the country... seems to help address the problem the fed govt is trying to land some of these minors in a resort hotel in Grand Island NY, near Niagara Falls, and mandate the state (taxpayers) pay for it. If they need to be housed and cared for, and especially at our expense, why in hell do we have to pay for a resort hotel for basic housing needs? How many acres of federal land is around the country? Why can't they go buy a truckload of tents at (BEEP)'s and set them up in villages that way? Oh, I get it..... they are guests and we need to show them hospitality, right? I understand they are kids in a foreign country without their parents, but I didn't drag them here. I ain't paying for it.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Feds-  go figure Empty Re: Feds- go figure

Post by dieseldr June 23rd 2014, 12:49 pm

The " beep" is covering up dicks sporting goods.... or if that gets covered again- how about cabela's.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 23rd 2014, 4:18 pm

The beeps are automatic due to some jerk off years ago that didn't know how to speak on a public forum. We knew what ya meant though.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 23rd 2014, 4:18 pm

I know this sounds bad but I'd send them back.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 23rd 2014, 4:23 pm

I have been outside the US many times. I have seen some really rough spots. I understand why they cross the border. If I were them I'd try it too. Problem is we can't afford to take other in. In the long run it only hurts us. Crime waves, more welfare loss of jobs to people that are not Americans.
Some place Mexican gangs run the streets so much so that police will not get out of their car unless they are in force. I'm not talking about a 3rd world country. I'm talking about in America. Most people have on blinders and want good for all. Problem is that just can't be. Someone will pay the price and it will be us.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 23rd 2014, 4:27 pm

dieseldr wrote:, but I didn't drag them here.  I ain't paying for it.
This one bugs me more than anything. I feel the same way but there's nothing we can do about it. Even people that homestead are stuck. People that can live off the land and not need electric, food or anything from anyone because they can do it themselves are still stuck. No job no money. You have to pay your taxes on your property or they will take it. This has been seen many times in the last few years. No matter what we do the Government is in our pockets and they take our cash. If we don't have it then they take what we own. If we don't own anything they toss us in jail and someone else that works has to pay for us to be locked up.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr June 23rd 2014, 10:28 pm

I am sympathetic that they come from somewhere with nothing, but the answer is not to keep taking from those who have something, and make it so none of us have nothing. And I would leave a hellhole in an attempt to find a better life, but they should also understand that only so many people can occupy a wealthy country until there is nothing left for anyone- it's a delicate situation all the way around, and there are no easy answers. We preach that we shouldn't breed pets we can't support- carry that thought on to other species. That's a cold statement too, and god knows we need more taxpayers. Kids and grandkids are always a welcome gift to the older generations, but what they will need to endure is frightening. It will be a lot worse before it gets any better.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 23rd 2014, 11:57 pm

dieseldr wrote:I am sympathetic that they come from somewhere with nothing, but the answer is not to keep taking from those who have something, and make it so none of us have nothing.  And I would leave a hellhole in an attempt to find a better life, but they should also understand that only so many people can occupy a wealthy country until there is nothing left for anyone-  it's a delicate situation all the way around, and there are no easy answers.  We preach that we shouldn't breed pets we can't support- carry that thought on to other species.  That's a cold statement too, and god knows we need more taxpayers.  Kids and grandkids are always a welcome gift to the older generations, but what they will need to endure is frightening.  It will be a lot worse before it gets any better.
I agree.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky June 24th 2014, 1:09 am

Around here the farmers need Hispanic people. Americas do not want to work in tobacco any more. Its easier to get some form of government help and not work. Lot of the work is hard and dangerous. There was a hispanic family that use to live at dad's farm house. The other group they lived with kicked them out when the mother of the two little kids called the police when the father was beating her. They moved to a different city. About 9 months later I found out where they live and checked on them. She had hardly no food. She found another hispanic guy (husband) until someone from the city government called the ICE on him. When they arrived, they took all of their money. She wasn't working due to being pregnant. So I had to buy food for her and the 2 kids. No kid should go hungry. No reason to talk all they money they had. The oldest child is 6 and all of them call me uncle and my mother grandma. She wants to pay taxes but can't because the government won't give her a social security number. Can't have a bank account or have a vehicle in her name because she doesn't have a social security number. They can get car insurance and a lot of them do have it around here. The woman to have surgery after her second child so she couldn't have any more kids. Doctor at the hospital told her she was too young and wouldn't do it. Now there is four kids. But after a while some do get Americanized and its down hill from there. Now farmers are started to send out W2's to their workers and guess what, they need a social security number. The lady who was in the predicament had a brother down in her country. One of the big gangs robbed him. Went to the police and the gang threatened to kill him. So she had to get him across the border. Got caught by the border patrol and sent back. While in his home country he friedn decided to stay there. The brother arrived to ky and his friend was killed by the gang.

From what several different people from Honduras have told me is that the government take all the money and aid from other countries for themselves and the people starve. I can understand why some come here and take, take, take. They have to do it back home just to survive. The cost of clothes, shoes and just about everything else is tendentiously higher down there.

Seems like to me someone needs to squash all the gangs and corruption in Mexico and the countries below it. What do I know.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr June 24th 2014, 2:26 am

The whole world is corrupt, unfortunately, through our industrial revolution, and the boomer generation when everything was a constant and steady upward swing, we got spoiled. I loved it, I'm sure you guys loved it, it was great to be an american- and it still is, just that so many others want to be, also. I don't have a problem them bringing then here, what scalds my a$$ is the fact they are looking to house them in private property, IN A RESORT, dump them here, and mandate that the NY state govt (we the people of the state of NY) foot the entire bill at their standards. There is an old Army depot near Seneca lake. Still has the 9 foot chain link fence with barbed wire around the top. The feds can haul them all there, set them up tent villages, and develop a temporary quarters till there is a decision made where to send them.

Agriculture here in NY depends on the Mexicans, much like your tobacco plantations do. There aren't any young people who want to go out and actually "work" to get ahead. With so many broken homes, it's easier for the kids to guilt the parents into giving them everything they want instead of working.... and they don't want to get up in the morning. Heaven forbid they should have to get up at 6 AM and go to work scraping alleys, pushing up feed, etc that comes along with a dairy. Most of those jobs are done with equipment now, not by hand since the farms are so big. Locally, there is even a tractor driving safety course taught for the people for a minimum charge ($25 for 3 days?) so that the youth can get a safety certificate and be covered by the farms comp insurance. Occasionally there are even some adults who go just to brush up on safety rules. My wife used to help teach the course with 3 other Ag teachers in the area. My nephew needs this safety course to improve his employability, but doesn't want to go, stating that he is going to be a pro basketball player, and physical work is a waste of time. I want to see the day when he goes to a scouting camp and gets his butt handed to him by a "farm boy". He's good at the local level, but not that good.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 24th 2014, 3:14 am

I agree most Americans sit back on the lazy table. Stop that welfare check and watch the unemployment rate go to almost 0.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down