{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So you put the banner for the Rumble up

4 posters

Go down

So you put the banner for the Rumble up Empty So you put the banner for the Rumble up

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 18th 2014, 4:26 am

Is there anybody going to the Rumble this weekend? I was planning on going Friday nite and coming back Saturday but don't have the Merc back yet and the old white Ford is too new. Still plan on going over Saturday morning bright and early in a late model. I need a new t-shirt.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

So you put the banner for the Rumble up Empty Re: So you put the banner for the Rumble up

Post by Reb Stew June 18th 2014, 6:14 am

I was planning on it but Sami has to work. Just found out today. Sad
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

So you put the banner for the Rumble up Empty Re: So you put the banner for the Rumble up

Post by Blue Eyed Devil June 22nd 2014, 10:36 pm

I gotta say - Midwest Mecca was WAY more fun than the Rumble has ever been. Especially in the last 7 or 8 years.
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 23rd 2014, 1:35 pm

I went over with my daughter and Jeff and had a really good time. Saw some old friends and possibly made some knew ones, the weather was beautiful, heard some good bands, a good breakfast and supper, and saw some nice old Mercurys. I guess it is what you make it.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by puddin head June 24th 2014, 11:04 pm

Me and the little lady went on Saturday. Nice cars and the crowd was great. Didn't care to see the slap fight in front of the band, (no one was smiling) but I guess that is a part of the show.
puddin head
puddin head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 24th 2014, 11:22 pm

It's what you make of it. You should have slapped someone in the crowd just to see what would happen. It's what you make of it Terry!
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 25th 2014, 1:29 pm

puddin head wrote:Me and the little lady went on Saturday. Nice cars and the crowd was great. Didn't care to see the slap fight in front of the band, (no one was smiling) but I guess that is a part of the show.

I didn't see you over there and I didn't see the slap fight either. If I had, we could have shared some of Bubba's spiked watermelon and a few lies about the good old days. Got to see Mars Attacks which was built by a friend over in Indianapolis. I saw pictures on FB over the winter when he was building it. I'd have liked to seen it at night because I've heard that the light show is pretty cool. I didn't think there were quite as many cars as in the past but that's about the same everywhere. I think the price of gas has something to do with it and also there are so many different choices of what to do with your entertainment dollar that people are picking other things to do. Some just elect to set home, make snide comments and never seem to go to any events, but that's their choice.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by puddin head June 25th 2014, 8:11 pm

Sorry I missed you Doug. We were there around 3:00. Don't know the details on the incident, but a lot of people were yelling at them to cool it. It just didn't sit well with the little lady. Well for now that's one off the Bucket List. Next is Duck Tail or something else I run across. Heard they are still having the Hunerd Car Drags. We'll see.
puddin head
puddin head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 25th 2014, 8:22 pm

FalconEddie1964 wrote:  Some just elect to set home, make snide comments and never seem to go to any events, but that's their choice.  
Sit at home? Not me. I'm always running and having a blast. Only reason I didn't go is dealing with skin cancer issues and Sami had to work and she needed a ride to and from. Family first and I'd like to stick around a little while longer and not leave this fine earth before my time due to my skin falling off. Sun is not my buddy at this time. Snide remark was just to address another snide remark but hey it's all what ya make of it. Glad you had fun.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 25th 2014, 9:31 pm

puddin head wrote:Sorry I missed you Doug. We were there around 3:00. Don't know the details on the incident, but a lot of people were yelling at them to cool it. It just didn't sit well with the little lady. Well for now that's one off the Bucket List. Next is Duck Tail or something else I run across. Heard they are still having the Hunerd Car Drags. We'll see.

I'm going to try to go to the Iron Invasion this fall.  I've talked to a few that said it was a lot of fun.  I think iot's sort of the replacement for the Hunnert Car Pileup. The Ducktail has turned into about a three or four day deal.  That's one event that the weather or the price of gas doesn't seem to affect.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down