{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vice Presidents Birthday

+4
chev_hotrod
big dogs 42
6-71Kid
RebStew
8 posters

Go down

Vice Presidents Birthday Empty Vice Presidents Birthday

Post by RebStew March 22nd 2008, 6:34 am

It's a little early but thought I'd go ahead and post this. It's Ronnies Birthday coming up and I just wanted to wish him a happy birthday. I've known Ronnie since we were small kids and could trade, swap and build bikes back in the day like we do cars now. It was nothing to rip apart a nice chrome Schwinn bike, stick on a set of dragon pedals and mag wheels off a Huffy and think we had it made. God help us if we could find a set of red or yellow colored tires. The best was one of the old drag slicks for the back of the bike.. lol. I moved away and he moved away but we stayed friend all these years. When we first started driving we would cruise the Ave and then hang out on the corner with our cars lined up. Old beaters with the exhaust falling off. We didn't care we was making noise and that was cool. We started souping our cars up. Painting them and sticking mag wheels on 'em. I shouldn't say painting them right away. Our idea of a paint job was 88 cent primer spray cans at first. Sometimes we would have to scrounge through used tires to find some that didn't have the belts showing from where we burn them off the weekend before. Street racing popped up. At first we were all dogs but who needed a race track. We had the Big Mac Bridge. That was back when you didn't hardly see a car on the highway after midnight. Then we found out that a cherry bomb and a Hi Jacker air shock sticker in your 1/4 window made you faster! We would hang out every night and start our cars to go home when the sun was coming up. every night there was 7 to 20 guys hanging out all night. It's sad to say that a lot of them have passed on now. I feel bad for some of the younger guys because I think the end of cruising and hanging out ended with our generation. Friday nights the Ave would be filled with cars cruising bumper to bumper. Picking up girls and jamming on Lynard Skynard, AC/DC and Montley Crue with your Spark-O-Matic, two 6X9 and your very cool EQ with the little light up lights on it. Work took over. That didn't matter, we still hung out. Then our girlsfriends became our better halfs. The cute little girls we use to pick up became baby machines. Life took over. Baby stuff, car payments, morgage, mini vans. Well guess what we still had our hot rods though and we still hung out. Our kids are getting older. We are getting old! We look at things different now. If we knew back then what we know now. BUT guess what ? Even today we still hang out on the corner sometimes and still drag our cars out to play. It's not everyone that can say that their friends have grown in the same direction as themselves. I can.. Ronnie is just one of the few guys I've known almost all my life that is not locked up or passed away. There were never a lot and only a few still around today that I can say are stand up guys and Ronnie is one of them. We have raced each other, cruised with each other, partied like Ky rednecks. I tried to kill Ronnie 3 times. lol two time we almost got shot in my car and another time I slammed into the back of a truck and sent Ronnie head into the T-top where he push the windshield post out of wack with his head. I keep wondering now a days why he doesn't like to ride with me. lol. I love ya like a brother Ron. Happy Birthday... Now I have to get off here and find my old Spark-O-Matic radio to put in the Monte..
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Vice Presidents Birthday Empty Re: Vice Presidents Birthday

Post by 6-71Kid March 22nd 2008, 3:18 pm

Happy Birthday Ronnie
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Vice Presidents Birthday Empty Birthday!!

Post by big dogs 42 March 22nd 2008, 3:49 pm

Happy birthday Ron cheers
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by chev_hotrod March 22nd 2008, 6:10 pm

thanks guys it amazing that i am still alive after hanging with steve all them years ,,,, lol!
chev_hotrod
chev_hotrod
Scrounger

Number of posts : 462

Back to top Go down

Vice Presidents Birthday Empty Happy Birthday

Post by hotrodchic March 24th 2008, 1:16 am

Happy Birthday baby I LOVE YOU I love you
hotrodchic
hotrodchic
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel March 24th 2008, 2:35 am

Happy Birthday Ronnie!! :queen: Is Steve going a little soft on us? Just kidding. But I would like to hear Ronnie tell the story about my brother in law one of these days.
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 24th 2008, 4:17 am

Lady rebel wrote:Happy Birthday Ronnie!! :queen: Is Steve going a little soft on us? Just kidding. But I would like to hear Ronnie tell the story about my brother in law one of these days.
no one wants to hear about Ronnie making Earls neck longer!
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous March 24th 2008, 1:52 pm

Hey there dude, Happry Birthday!!!:queen:

Sounds like you've made it through the rough part, should be clear sailing now. (LOL)
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 March 24th 2008, 2:43 pm

Happy early birthday man.... :queen: :queen: still love ya Very Happy Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel March 25th 2008, 3:27 am

I just looked at your birthdate. Aryan's birthday is 1 day before yours. How cool is that. I hope your b-day is full of joy and happiness!! You deserve it. Very Happy
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down