{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPF 50

4 posters

Go down

SPF 50 Empty SPF 50

Post by dieseldr January 31st 2014, 3:33 pm

Someone hand me the SPF 50. It never dipped below 25 last night, and its over 30 now, think I'll go do some sunbathin'. We thought we had sickness before- now we'll get lots of it, what with people ditchin their heavy otudoor gear for a hoodie or sweatshirt. That is one thing that didn't happen here- usually it gets down below zero for a week the sickness diminishes, and almost goes away completely in the cold.... wasn't the case this time. Each day goes by is another closer to hotrod season.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

SPF 50 Empty Re: SPF 50

Post by Reb Stew January 31st 2014, 3:37 pm

Nuts isn't it? We have been keeping both dogs on the enclosed porch. When we would come in the dogs would go nuts cause they could see through the frosted windows. Last night they were crystal clear. I ready for some nicer weather. Bad part is I'm getting use to the cold. Now when it gets up to 70 it will feel 104 to me.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 January 31st 2014, 4:30 pm

It's kind of funny, but it's in the 50s here and I feel like I'm freezing. When I lived up north, I'd be running around in shirt sleeves when it hit 50.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 31st 2014, 5:50 pm

When I used to work as a mechanic for an asphalt paving company, I'd be right in it at 90+ degrees,working on machines filled with 320 degree asphalt, and I never minded it. I rather enjoyed actually. Its been 18 years this summer since I left that, and the biggest thing I miss is the people.... I don't miss the stress (monumental) and I don't miss the heat. In fact, the way I feel about the heat and the cold, is that you have to heat the house anyway, so if it's too cold, go inside. I don't have to A/C the house, so I can't always go inside to escape the heat. I only A/C when it is forecast to be above 90 for more than 2 days, and only then if it is forecast to stay humid overnight. At least if I can get relief enough from the heat to sleep, I can tolerate 90 during the day.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster January 31st 2014, 6:36 pm

Chris, that night that we were bench racing in you yard, it was 47 and I was freezing. I don't know what it is about Florida, but the 40s in Florida feel like the 30s here in Kentucky.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum