{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good exhaust guy in Northern Ky Southern OH???

+2
Roller Coaster
Reb Stew
6 posters

Go down

Good exhaust guy in Northern Ky Southern OH??? Empty Good exhaust guy in Northern Ky Southern OH???

Post by Reb Stew September 27th 2013, 2:37 pm

The Thunderbird I been beating around in needs some pipes. The donut gasket is all the way gone on one side and the studs look rough. I tried to pull the nuts but I wasn't happy with what I thought may happen. If I snap a stud I'd have to take the manifold off to fix it. I have no torch so I can't heat up the nut to get it off either. So anyway who knows of a good exhaust shop that won't break the bank and knows old cars. I want someone that I can trust that has work on older stuff. 2 local shops looked at me like I was nuts when I told them it needs donut gasket. It left me scratching my head for a minute until someone told me they don't use donut gaskets anymore on newer cars. The shops don't even stock the donut gaskets anymore. They want me to bring them with the car.Evil or Very Mad  

While I'm all for helping out I'd rather have a guy that can fix a stud if he breaks it and buy what he needs to do the job. These younger guys in Midas, CarX and?? are use to hooking up 1" pipes to Honda's. Anyone have someone? Smith's is a good pipe shop over in Covington but I'm not willing to pay $600.00 to have exhaust put on either. If that's all I have to work with I'll buy some header and do it myself.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Good exhaust guy in Northern Ky Southern OH??? Empty Re: Good exhaust guy in Northern Ky Southern OH???

Post by Roller Coaster September 27th 2013, 6:31 pm

Call Cummins Auto Center, (606) 747-5838, they know a few guys out in Bracken County that are relatively inexpensive. Make sure to tell Jimmy Dale or Chris who you are when you call.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Good exhaust guy in Northern Ky Southern OH??? Empty Re: Good exhaust guy in Northern Ky Southern OH???

Post by Reb Stew September 27th 2013, 8:35 pm

Thanks Greg
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrodaaron77 September 28th 2013, 2:36 pm

Judes exhaust
hotrodaaron77
hotrodaaron77
Scrounger

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2010-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew September 28th 2013, 8:04 pm

hotrodaaron77 wrote:Judes exhaust
Where's that at?
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs October 3rd 2013, 3:01 am

Last edited by JRiggs on October 3rd 2013, 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs October 3rd 2013, 3:03 am

Good exhaust guy in Northern Ky Southern OH??? Judes10
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew October 3rd 2013, 4:47 am

Thanks Riggs...
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrodaaron77 October 3rd 2013, 4:36 pm

Sorry been busy at work and no internet at home
hotrodaaron77
hotrodaaron77
Scrounger

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2010-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ October 6th 2013, 10:08 am

Ryan's Muffler, they've been around since 1979 and have always gave me a good deal on exhaust and would definitely know what a donut gasket is and will not break your pocket book Steve.

Ryan Muffler Center
19 Banklick Street
Florence, Ky 41042
859-525-2166

Directions:
I-75 South to Turfway Road Exit
Right onto Houston Road
Right onto Turfway Road (1.4 Miles)
Right on US 25/Dixie Highway (0.3 miles)
Left onto Banklick Street

SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs October 7th 2013, 5:16 am

Not positive but I've heard Ryan's muffler will not touch anything that doesn't have catalytic convertors.

Judes is always at allot of cruise inns. I'd say that s the best route .he's only a few minutes from Kenton county courthouse

JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 October 7th 2013, 10:27 am

Your right Riggs. Tried to have some work done on the cutlass few months back.
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down