{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before Anyone Ask, Yes This Is Mine

+3
Reb Stew
Thepossumface
Roller Coaster
7 posters

Go down

Before Anyone Ask, Yes This Is Mine Empty Before Anyone Ask, Yes This Is Mine

Post by Roller Coaster June 4th 2013, 1:46 pm

First off, I am aware that the price illustrates Barrett Jackson in lieu of motivated seller. On the other hand, I am stuck in a conundrum. I have lost interest in this vehicle but, I have not lost interest in old vehicles. I guess what I am attempting to say is, hopefully listing the car either locates me a legitimate trade or renews my interest in this vehicle in some way.

My Craigslist Ad
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Before Anyone Ask, Yes This Is Mine Empty Re: Before Anyone Ask, Yes This Is Mine

Post by Thepossumface June 6th 2013, 4:05 am

not bad looking car there is a guy down here who drives his everyday not my cup of tea though

Thepossumface
Car washer

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-10-06

Back to top Go down

Before Anyone Ask, Yes This Is Mine Empty Re: Before Anyone Ask, Yes This Is Mine

Post by Reb Stew June 6th 2013, 5:00 am

Greg if you are not feeling it do something else. It's cool to have a stocker but I think a stock 350/700R sitting in the Chevy would get you right where you want to be. Stock looking but can drive out on the open highway without the nuts trying to slam you in the back 'cause the stock 6 banger has it's rubber band as tight as it will go.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 6th 2013, 5:01 am

A few trips on the Ohio side of the highways and I was ready to pull the stock stuff out of mine. When I want to roll down the road at 75 +MPH I WANT TO GO!!!
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 June 6th 2013, 5:04 am

Yep...Liked mine.....Nova Clip 350/350....

Before Anyone Ask, Yes This Is Mine 2011-05-16_19-00-56_742
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownie June 6th 2013, 12:41 pm

Greg I think they both have a very good point.
I can still look very stock from the out side.
I don't regret changing mine over. That flat head was cool but just didn't get it on the road. Soon as my shoulder heals up I'm Going to put a mustang 2 IFS under mine to update the brakes.
Good luck anyway you go!
Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster June 6th 2013, 2:00 pm

Thanks guys! I don't have intentions of being in the spotlight, but this is the type of things that make me sit back and think...this is motivation! scratch
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff June 13th 2013, 4:17 am

A T-5 will make it more enjoyable,I am glad I put one in my 37 as now I can take it down the highway. With a 235 its still not real fast but I am not forced to take the back roads to get where I need to go,I have located a 37 216 and might be picking it up in the fall and thinking about converting it to full oil pressure so I could say I have a original motor.  If I need to go farther and faster I will take the 55 or the 65 and do not mind if the 37 is a little slow but this could change if I ever could find a running 342 olds and 4 speed hydromatic.

Last edited by junkyardjeff on June 13th 2013, 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more words)

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster September 10th 2013, 9:58 pm

I received, what I consider to be a legitimate trade offer.  Does anyone know anything about this car?
Before Anyone Ask, Yes This Is Mine Img_3010
Before Anyone Ask, Yes This Is Mine Img_3011
Before Anyone Ask, Yes This Is Mine Img_3013
Before Anyone Ask, Yes This Is Mine Img_3014
Before Anyone Ask, Yes This Is Mine Img_3015
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew September 10th 2013, 10:06 pm

Don't know the car but I'd do the trade. I dig it other than the tacky chick on the 1/4 panel.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew September 10th 2013, 10:08 pm

Drive it and check out the brakes. That master seem very very VERY LOW! Easy fix if it feels funny but just a heads up.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky September 10th 2013, 11:28 pm

The master cylinder/ booster is at the correct level and location. Looks like they went with a late model booster. Mine cost over $300 to have rebuilt. If you ever need any body parts its going to be a little difficult to find good one. 56 is a one years only. Atleast you have a sbc in there.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster November 4th 2013, 6:37 pm

I am relisted the Stylemaster at what I consider to be a reasonable selling price. It was only driven four times this year; therefore it confirms that I have lost interest in this vehicle.

1947 Chevrolet Stylemaster 2 Door Town Sedan - 88,534 Produced

Price - $5,000
Color -- 344 Mayland Black
VIN -- 3EJK29745
Odometer -- 108,XXX (Unverified)
Restoration -- Not applicable
Transmission -- 3 Speed Manual
Rear End -- 4:11
Interior Type -- Bench
Interior Color -- Tan
Interior Material -- Mohair
Wheels/Tires -- Stock Wheel (Steel w/Stainless Center Caps)/600-16 Coker Classic 3-Inch Whitewall
Options: AM Radio, Spot Light, Fog Lights

This 1947 Chevrolet Stylemaster has the original 216 cubic inch in-line 6 cylinder with a single barrel Carter W-1 and 3-speed manual transmission. It is in original, unrestored condition with the exception that it has been converted to a 12 volt system, including alternator. It is stored in a climate controlled garage. Tires and inner tubes are less than three years old. AM Radio, Guide Spot Light, and Guide Fog Lights are original items, not reproductions.

ITEMS THAT NEED REPLACED/REPAIRED: Rocker Panels, Spare Tire Well, Emergency Brake, Rust Areas (Hood, Beltline, Trunk Pan, Fenders)

UNCONFIRMED INFORMATION: It was original a Chicago Police unit, I am the fourth owner, and it was repainted the original color once in the 1970s by Earl Scheib.

ACCESSORIES (To be included at sale price only.)
*Original Fulton Visor, not reproduction.

SPARE PARTS (To be included at sale price only.)
*1949 Chevrolet 216 complete with three speed transmission.
*1951 Chevrolet 216 nearly complete with three speed transmission.
*1949 Chevrolet radiator.
*Carter W-1 carburetor needs rebuilt.
*16" chrome reverse wheels with tires (good tread).

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This vehicle is in original, unrestored condition, it leaks oil, burns oil, and blows oil, and it is not a show car! On the other hand, if you don't want to travel over 50 miles per hour, you can drive it home! My sale price is solid! My title is clean! I am not required to sell this vehicle! I do not need any assistance selling and I am not hurting for money! Do not e-mail with ridiculous offers, you will get ridiculous responses!

I will consider trade for something in similar condition, but trade offer must be pre-1960.

Before Anyone Ask, Yes This Is Mine Untitl10
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky November 4th 2013, 11:35 pm

Dad had one just like yours a couple of years ago but wound up selling it.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster November 5th 2013, 2:25 am

I hope to sell mine too and invest in something that will hold both Gauge's and my interest.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down