{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurst Olds Lightning Rods in a Monte SS

+3
hotrodaaron77
Chris55
galeaiii
7 posters

Go down

Hurst Olds Lightning Rods in a Monte SS Empty Hurst Olds Lightning Rods in a Monte SS

Post by galeaiii June 4th 2013, 2:55 am

I've only heard of one other that has ever had them. So, with me wanting to be different I figured why not try it out. A good friend of mine (that works for Goodmark in product development) is having them reproduced and many other hard or impossible to get G-body parts. I was lucky enough to be asked to be the test car for the Monte Carlo parts. You would think with the Monte & Cutlass both being G-body GM cars with the same transmissions that it would be easy and it would have been if I had put the shifter in a Cutlass console, but once again I had to be different. I have already installed the early Pontiac Grand Prix (also a G-body) lower door panels and have a GP dash waiting to install in the Monte so I had to have the GP center console also. The shifter was never designed for this console only the Cutlass one. After about a week it was done and let me tell you they are awesome. The reproduction shifter will not be on the market until later this year but everything else for them is already being reproduced (for a Cutlass console). We will be making the brackets for all of the other G-body consoles (Monte, Grand Prix & Regal). I know that there are a few other G-body GM cars on here, if you guys need any parts please let me know and I do mean any parts. I can be reached easiest by email at art.galea3@gmail.com. Anyway here is the most recent pic of the shifter install, I should have the console lid on later this week (it was sent out to get recovered).
Hurst Olds Lightning Rods in a Monte SS F4DCAD60-1F04-4B79-9728-B39CC89F459C-4391-000004C0F1F2C3DC_zps94fa4356
galeaiii
galeaiii
Car washer

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Back to top Go down

Hurst Olds Lightning Rods in a Monte SS Empty Re: Hurst Olds Lightning Rods in a Monte SS

Post by Chris55 June 4th 2013, 3:12 am

I've been looking for a set of those forever, but every set I find they want a ton of money for.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Hurst Olds Lightning Rods in a Monte SS Empty Re: Hurst Olds Lightning Rods in a Monte SS

Post by galeaiii June 4th 2013, 3:31 am

Good news is they will be available later this year!! Here's a video of the first prototype set. Mine are an original set.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=4rqauGRczkA
galeaiii
galeaiii
Car washer

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrodaaron77 June 4th 2013, 5:40 am

Cool. Wat bout them f bodies?
hotrodaaron77
hotrodaaron77
Scrounger

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2010-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 June 4th 2013, 10:33 am

Does he have a web site to order parts?
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 7th 2013, 12:23 am

hotrodaaron77 wrote:Cool. Wat bout them f bodies?
They use to make them for an F Body. Sometimes you can find them on Ebay. One guy had one for sale last year on the NKFB site. It sold quick. I'd pick one up if I could find one without breaking the bank. I like 'em!
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by galeaiii June 7th 2013, 12:54 am

Marty042 wrote:Does he have a web site to order parts?
He sells his parts through gbodyparts.com
galeaiii
galeaiii
Car washer

Back to top Go down

Post by galeaiii June 7th 2013, 12:58 am

Reb Stew wrote:
hotrodaaron77 wrote:Cool. Wat bout them f bodies?
They use to make them for an F Body. Sometimes you can find them on Ebay. One guy had one for sale last year on the NKFB site. It sold quick. I'd pick one up if I could find one without breaking the bank. I like 'em!
I proved by putting it in a Monte Carlo in a Grand Prix console that they can be put in anything if you have a little fabrication skill. When they come out anyone can buy them to put in any car.
galeaiii
galeaiii
Car washer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 7th 2013, 5:20 am

They used them in the Hurst/Olds G bodies.87 ish??? I wonder if there would be one sitting on a dealership shelf some place. Never know. Very Happy
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis June 9th 2013, 5:53 pm

galeaiii wrote:

Thanks for coming out to the Starlight Drive In event. It was good to meet you guys and your families. You guys have a couple good lookin rides!
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky June 9th 2013, 11:09 pm

I love the 80's monte ss's. I've always wanted an olds with the three shifters.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by galeaiii June 9th 2013, 11:36 pm

Cratethis wrote:
galeaiii wrote:

Thanks for coming out to the Starlight Drive In event. It was good to meet you guys and your families. You guys have a couple good lookin rides!

Thanks for the compliments on our cars. Hopefully we can make it to some of your other events.
galeaiii
galeaiii
Car washer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down