{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goodman furnace and Goodman external A/C unit

4 posters

Go down

Goodman furnace and Goodman external A/C unit Empty Goodman furnace and Goodman external A/C unit

Post by Nanook March 30th 2013, 10:27 pm

I have these items for sale. They are both in excellent shape and have the paperwork/manual for the furnace. For Scroungers members I'll take $100 for the A/C unit and $200 for the furnace. Here's the links to them:

A/C unit:
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/app/3708250493.html

Furnace:
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/app/3708261624.html

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Goodman furnace and Goodman external A/C unit Empty Re: Goodman furnace and Goodman external A/C unit

Post by 911TAZZ March 31st 2013, 1:21 am

How big is the AC unit. Pops could use it if the tonnage is what he's looking for
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Goodman furnace and Goodman external A/C unit Empty Re: Goodman furnace and Goodman external A/C unit

Post by Nanook March 31st 2013, 1:28 am

No idea on the tonnage...I posted a pic of the specifications of the unit on my listing. I see nowhere at all on the sticker that it says the tonnage. The model number is on the sticker...maybe look it up that way?

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook March 31st 2013, 1:35 am

Okay I looked it up. Model #CKL24-1K. Rated at 2 tons per Goodman's site. It did good for us and we had a new sequencer put in last summer.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson March 31st 2013, 3:26 am

its a 24 which is 2 ton will do a small house
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson
National Sergeant at Arms

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook March 31st 2013, 3:30 am

Butch Thompson wrote:its a 24 which is 2 ton will do a small house

Yeah, our house is two-story and about 3,000 square feet. It did fine for us except when it would get to the 90s with very high humidity. We normally keep our house at 71-72 in the summer.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson March 31st 2013, 3:32 am

if it is r 22 that is what will b costly did they pump the freon back into the unit if so wont b too bad r22 is fased out 450 a 30 lb jug
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook March 31st 2013, 3:34 am

The unit does say R22 on it. Not sure about if they pumped the freon back in.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson March 31st 2013, 3:46 am

if u take the caps off the king valve and they r screwed down then they should have pumped the freon back into unit which would b a good thing dont worry unless u take a service wrench and open them up it wont leek anything if u want to check and see a pair of pliers will take the caps off if all the way up they r open if down they r closd just trying to help out a brother
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook March 31st 2013, 3:55 am

Thanks Butch! I think they closed them as nothing seems to be 'up'. There were two caps (correct...one small and one large?).

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson March 31st 2013, 4:04 am

yes they r copper
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook March 31st 2013, 4:12 am

Butch Thompson wrote:yes they r copper

Yes, those were the ones. Judging where the schrader valve nipple is and the inside of the caps I'd judge that they are closed. Thanks Butch for your help! I'd really like to sell this (and the furnace) as they both worked fine and we could use the $$ to help pay off the bill a bit earlier.

Grateful,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 31st 2013, 4:28 am

I need one for mom and dads new house but not sure if this will work. If Ron doesn't want it let me know. I need to get Butch to the new house to check everything out first. I'm really not sure what all I need.

Butch if you see this do you have a 1/2 pvc cap for a water line I can grab tonight?
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook March 31st 2013, 4:30 am

Reb Stew wrote:I need one for mom and dads new house but not sure if this will work. If Ron doesn't want it let me know. I need to get Butch to the new house to check everything out.

Alright, will do, Steve. Wink

Later,

Lee

P.S. Butch, you help me get either of these units sold and I'll slip you a few $$$ your way.

P.P.S. That kinda came out wrong. Shocked Butch, if your willingness to share your help/expertise gets these units sold I'll be happy to get some $$ to you for your efforts. There, I think that is what I was meaning to say! Very Happy
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ March 31st 2013, 10:37 pm

@ Steve if it will work for your mom and dads place go ahead, unfortunately is to small for dads house.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook March 31st 2013, 11:21 pm

Sorry to hear it won't work for your pop, 911TAZZ.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 2nd 2013, 1:34 pm

I checked into it and it's looks like it may be a little bit small for what I need too. I'll have to pass on it Lee. Good luck with the sale.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook April 2nd 2013, 3:07 pm

Okay no sweat, Steve. Thanks for letting me know. Here's hoping Craigslist can get 'em moved.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook April 3rd 2013, 5:02 am

$50 for the A/C unit and $150 for the furnace...I just want 'em gone. Need to get working on the cars. Wink

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook April 8th 2013, 6:34 am

A/C unit sold!

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down