{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

old car towed under my name?!

4 posters

Go down

old car towed under my name?! Empty old car towed under my name?!

Post by EdgeGT March 27th 2013, 2:05 am

So i sold my Honda prelude to some lady that lived in ky. I live in Ohio so buying and selling cars is much less complicated for me. But i had to abide by ky rules so i went to the bank with the lady, got the title noterized, filled out all of this ladies paperwork with her. Missed a few so i had to drive back to ky and do it again. So Finally all paperwork is filled out, title is good to go, signed over, she paid me, i hop in my new stang and drive home Smile
The lady called me a few times for about two weeks asking questions about the car. This thing had 250000 miles and i sold it for like 1k. Not my problem but i gave her advice. She fixed it, never heard from her again.
Present day, a year after all of that, i get a letter in the mail saying that car under my name has been towed and impounded. It also said if the car is no longer yours, don't worry about it. So i throw it away.
I get another piece of mail today that says i have a ticket from tray same car that hasn't been paid. I need to pay it. WTF now im pissed.
So call around to a few different places and they ask if i have a copy of what we noterized. Uh no its not mine anymore! They ask if we have a copy of the ticket. LADY wtf we don't even have the car!?
All she tells me is i have to contest the ticket and we can ask for a hearing if we want.
Does anyone know how to prove the car is no longer mine? This shit is getting under my skin bad. Evil or Very Mad
EdgeGT
EdgeGT
Scrounger

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2013-03-23

https://www.facebook.com/david.hillii.16

Back to top Go down

old car towed under my name?! Empty Re: old car towed under my name?!

Post by Reb Stew March 27th 2013, 3:45 pm

You will have to contest it. You also need to talk to your local DMV or BMV or whatever you guys call it and ask them to pull it out of the system as being sold out of state. Where was the ticket from? Ky?
I went through this before over here. It was a mess. It didn't get a ticket but was impounded and they tried to make me pay for the tow and impound.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 March 27th 2013, 3:50 pm

That's why I always right out a bill of sale no matter what. Same thing happen to me when I sold a blazer out of state. Wasn't an issue cause I had the proof.
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgeGT March 27th 2013, 5:20 pm

Yes it was sold to a lady in ky but was impounded in Cincinnati. But i will go to court before i pay that. Its racking up like 150 a day in impound and its been there for almost two months lol the paper said if the car is no longer mine tks disregard. So i did till i got that ticket too. Mad
EdgeGT
EdgeGT
Scrounger

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2013-03-23

https://www.facebook.com/david.hillii.16

Back to top Go down

Post by puddin head March 27th 2013, 8:35 pm

Donated a VW rabbit to Goodwill and signed over te title when they picked it up. A months later I get two notices of failure to pay 2 parking tickets. Called Goodwill and the said they would take care of it. Never heard about it again. Different circumstances though.
puddin head
puddin head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum