{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove?

+9
Mr. Fabulous
falconwagon62
Chris55
Nanook
Arieldouglas
Marty042
John B
52 Ford F1
Reb Stew
13 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove?

Post by falconwagon62 February 27th 2013, 4:29 am

Here was my 1st Iron Head, 1988, bought from a buddy for $1200...

Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 MyfirstHD0001
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove?

Post by falconwagon62 February 27th 2013, 6:03 am

Here is my 1st F100 I did.....took it to a PS, Lowered, 350 V8 Auto....sold it to buy my F100 Panel, I have had 10 F100's over the years, LOVE trucks....Note my Metric F100....1983 Nissan truck, 264,000 miles when I sold it.....

Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 55F1000001

Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 55F100done0001
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew February 28th 2013, 1:25 am

I like the white on there. Looks good.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 February 28th 2013, 5:06 am

Reb Stew wrote:I like the white on there. Looks good.

it is the same truck a year later......tore it down to nothing, and rebuilt it.....
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook February 28th 2013, 6:02 am

Here's a pic of my '96 TA. LT1, 6-speed and eventually wound up with custom tune, Hooker long tubes, cutout, short shifter, Hurst T-handle, CAI, ported MAF ad TB. Ran a 13.22 for my best time...and that was on street tires. Had a nasty habit of going thru Opti-Spark distributors though and I finally sold it in November 2004 to a good friend. He still has it and it looks great and is a permanent addition to his family. Very Happy

Later,

Lee
Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 GBcruise04TAs_zps69ff62f0
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook February 28th 2013, 6:22 am

Here's my red '86 TA. WS6 car that was originally a 305 TPI/auto combo. Car was in a field and subsequently given to me with a non-running 307 and TH350 in it. I worked at my friend's speed shop (SRP) in Ohio as a 2nd job for a few years. I worked off the parts/labor to get it together. Wound up with an LT1 out of a Caprice and a built 4L60E. This was my first engine rebuild. Cleaned the heads up and added an electric water pump, custom-ground cam, 1.6 RRs, Hooker long tubes and a custom tune. Also added 4th Gen seats from a Formula and custom-fit the 4th Gen shifter so that I could use the 4th Gen console. Finally I added the '91-'92 Z28 spoiler as I loved this. I STILL catch flak for this...LOL! Laughing

I never got the chance to work the bugs out but the few times she ran right she was a real handful. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil That cam came alive on the top-end big time. A lot of blood, sweat, tears and memories. The only car I cried about when it drove away. Broke my heart. The guy I sold it to (Chad...he's a member on here) kept the drivetrain and sold the carcass off...says he knows where it is but it would break my heart to see it. I've thought about getting it and just tucking it away until the Corvette is done though...

Later,

Lee
Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Red86TA3_zpsfddfe934
Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Red86TA2_zpsa98331c5
Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Red86TA6_zps9af1ed34
Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 015_15_zpsbb00e5b6

And I did my fave mod and made the firebird logo/image light up with the running lights.
Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Mo86tailbird_zpscb13caba
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew February 28th 2013, 4:43 pm

There is a 3rd Gen T/A sitting in an alley I been eyeballing for a while. It doesn't move. It has no badges but looks like a GTA. It has the wheels and that cool look. I have been wanting to drop a note on it to see if they would sell it but I just don't have time to mess with it right now. I'm hoping it's still there in 6 months or so.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook February 28th 2013, 4:52 pm

Reb Stew wrote:There is a 3rd Gen T/A sitting in an alley I been eyeballing for a while. It doesn't move. It has no badges but looks like a GTA. It has the wheels and that cool look. I have been wanting to drop a note on it to see if they would sell it but I just don't have time to mess with it right now. I'm hoping it's still there in 6 months or so.

Sweet! I hope you can get it...that means I won't! Laughing Seriously, I'd have a divorce on my hands if I brought home another car. Unless it was a 'Cuda.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew February 28th 2013, 5:30 pm

Lee if you make room for one let me know. I'll show you where it is. I need another project like I need a hole in my head. It's just hard to see it sitting there rotting away.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook February 28th 2013, 5:46 pm

Reb Stew wrote:Lee if you make room for one let me know. I'll show you where it is. I need another project like I need a hole in my head. It's just hard to see it sitting there rotting away.

Okay, no sweat. Snap a pic if you get the chance...I'm curious. Wink

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 March 1st 2013, 12:03 am

Here is my 77 Pinto Cruising Wagon...I bought it in Roanoke, Va....Rebuilt it but that darn 2.8L V6 sucked...I would have kept it, if it was 4 cly, 4 speed...Bodyman took it apart, kept it 5 months and did little, 2nd body man took it, did NOTHING in 3 months, so I bought it home, did the work myself, and had my buddy who owns a Macco in Dayton paint it....looked GOOOOOD

Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 100_4760

Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 101_6335
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 1st 2013, 1:37 am

My old Ford. Riggs ended up with this. I'm not sure what happened to it after that.
Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Hpim0810
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 1st 2013, 1:38 am

T/A.. I feel old when I see how small my kids are here.
Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Scan0015
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 1st 2013, 1:42 am

My old Monte sporty it's Supreme's
Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Pictur15
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 1st 2013, 1:44 am

My 69 Pontiac Custom S Ragtop. 350 small block Chevy with a 4 speed in the floor. I would hop the front end on this thing so much that I ended up ripping the shock studs through the bottom of the A arms.
Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Scan0016
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 1st 2013, 1:46 am

I drove the eyeballs out of this Buick for a few years. I don't have any pics while I had it. This is when I picked it up after trading a V8 Vega for it.
NOTE the tow rig. 76 Country Squire wagon with a tow bar. That old Buick almost jack knifed that wagon coming through Cincy. We came around the bend in the highway and the back end started sliding out. Nothing I could do other than hit the gas some. By the time we made it around the bend we were moving on. cheers
Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Scan0017
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 March 1st 2013, 1:53 am

I dig that 4 door hardtop......

Reb Stew wrote:I drove the eyeballs out of this Buick for a few years. I don't have any pics while I had it. This is when I picked it up after trading a V8 Vega for it.
NOTE the tow rig. 76 Country Squire wagon with a tow bar. That old Buick almost jack knifed that wagon coming through Cincy. We came around the bend in the highway and the back end started sliding out. Nothing I could do other than hit the gas some. By the time we made it around the bend we were moving on. cheers
Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Scan0017
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 1st 2013, 2:06 am

I was driving it 25 or more years ago while all my friends were driving muscle cars and wondering why I'm driving the hoopty. Very Happy
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 March 1st 2013, 2:44 am

I bought this at the Pumpkin Run 89, I drove it everyday, Like you Stu, I drove old cars, I didn't get a "Newer" car till 93, when I bought the only NEW car I have ever owned, a Ranger XLT....I bought the tru wire wheels at a yard sale for $40.00 in Goshen....

Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Merc0001
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 March 1st 2013, 2:58 am

Bought this F100 in Hebron, off a co-worker, for $50 bucks.....tinkered with the points and got it running, drove it home, but it was a LONG bed, step side, so I sent it down the road, I hate to see them sit, nothing worse than having a car that just sits....do something with it! I love the old line from some guy, I'm gonna restore it some day...one of us knows where a BOSS Mustang is....sitting under a tree...

Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 50dollarTruck0001
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 March 1st 2013, 3:01 am

One of my Favorite cars...had a 78 for years, bone stock with GT Dunlops on it.....it was a nice just got married car....

Reb Stew wrote:My old Monte sporty it's Supreme's
Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Pictur15
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 March 1st 2013, 3:16 am

Here is the Rachero I got from Sir Loin, after Ed & I did some "stuff" to it.....

Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 PICT0006
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 1st 2013, 5:08 am

falconwagon62 wrote:I bought this at the Pumpkin Run 89, I drove it everyday, Like you Stu, I drove old cars, I didn't get a "Newer" car till 93, when I bought the only NEW car I have ever owned, a Ranger XLT....I bought the tru wire wheels at a yard sale for $40.00 in Goshen....

Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 Merc0001
I'd love to have one of these.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 March 1st 2013, 5:28 am

OK Poncho boy, I have owned 5 Pontiac's in my life...This GP, a BIG Body 1967 Executive Dark Green, with White Leather insides and top, 1969 Firebird and my 75 TA, 400, 4 speed, by far, the GP and TA were out of the box as fast as anything I owned at the time...I sold the TA so I didn't end up in jail, same with the GP....but man were they FUN...

Anyone have any OLD pics of what they drove? - Page 3 GP0001
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 1st 2013, 5:59 am

Twisted Evil
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next