{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KENTUCKY SHERIFF TO OBAMA: NO GUN CONTROL IN MY COUNTY

4 posters

Go down

KENTUCKY SHERIFF TO OBAMA: NO GUN CONTROL IN MY COUNTY Empty KENTUCKY SHERIFF TO OBAMA: NO GUN CONTROL IN MY COUNTY

Post by Reb Stew January 12th 2013, 7:24 am

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/11/Kentucky-Sheriff-To-Obama-There-Will-Be-No-Gun-Control-In-My-County

Jackson County Kentucky Sheriff Denny Peyman is making it clear that no law that violates the Constitution will be upheld in his county.
This especially applies to new gun control edicts Obama & Co. are trying to push onto the American people.
Said Peyman: "My office will not comply with any federal action which violates the United States Constitution or the Kentucky Constitution which I swore uphold."
And far from worrying about repercussions for doing this, Peyman sees the gun control push as a sign of weakness that will crumble in the face of real opposition: "Just a few of us have to be willing to stand up to political opposition putting our people at risk. The other side will back down."
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have found a patriot. And his name is Sheriff Denny Peyman.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

KENTUCKY SHERIFF TO OBAMA: NO GUN CONTROL IN MY COUNTY Empty Re: KENTUCKY SHERIFF TO OBAMA: NO GUN CONTROL IN MY COUNTY

Post by dieseldr January 12th 2013, 2:02 pm

That's the way it ought to be. The recent shootings in our country, especially in the schools are truly a tragedy, but you can't take a knife to a gunfight, meaning, in my opinion, you are defending against something you are at a fierce disadvantage to. Unfortunately, armed guards are a viable solution. Legislation only broadens the scope of making law abiding gun owners collateral violators, and mental health needs to be taken seriously as a condition of gun ownership. My .02....... OK, fire away.

This is something that everyone, no matter who and where you are, feels very passionate about, but in defense of gun ownership, my gut feeling is that one reason foreign countries don't come onshore to engage us, is the secondary opposition they will face by an armed citizenship. Sure, our military is top notch and to be feared, but they also have to deal with millions of people having the potential to be as big an adversary as our military is.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

KENTUCKY SHERIFF TO OBAMA: NO GUN CONTROL IN MY COUNTY Empty Re: KENTUCKY SHERIFF TO OBAMA: NO GUN CONTROL IN MY COUNTY

Post by Reb Stew January 12th 2013, 4:49 pm

dieseldr wrote:

my gut feeling is that one reason foreign countries don't come onshore to engage us, is the secondary opposition they will face by an armed citizenship.
Twisted Evil
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by John B January 12th 2013, 6:27 pm

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II.

Many people swear that this quote is a hoax and not really what the Japanese General said. I'd bet those nay sayers are anti-gun zealots who try to discredit any positive statement that supports the Second Admendment.

John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook January 12th 2013, 7:04 pm

There is no proof that Admiral Yamamoto said this quote. From Prof. Donald Goldstein who wrote "The Pearl Harbor Papers: Inside the Japanese Plans" (1993) and the best-selling "At Dawn We Slept: The Untold Story of Pearl Harbor" (1981):

'I have never seen it in writing. It has been attributed to the Prange files [the files of the late Gordon W. Prange, chief historian on the staff of Gen. Douglas MacArthur] but no one had ever seen it or cited it from where they got it. Some people say that it came from our work but I never said it. … As of today it is bogus until someone can cite when and where.'

Now, what Admiral Yamamoto DID say was this:

'Should hostilities once break out between Japan and the United States, it is not enough that we take Guam and the Philippines, nor even Hawaii and San Francisco. To make victory certain, we would have to march into Washington and dictate the terms of peace in the White House. I wonder if our politicians, among whom armchair arguments about war are being glibly bandied about in the name of state politics, have confidence as to the final outcome and are prepared to make the necessary sacrifices.'

And this:

'In the first six to twelve months of a war with the United States and Great Britain I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, if the war continues after that, I have no expectation of success.'

Just keeping it real... Wink

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down