{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP TWINKE THE KID

+2
Reb Stew
extenzegrl
6 posters

Go down

RIP TWINKE THE KID Empty RIP TWINKE THE KID

Post by extenzegrl November 16th 2012, 10:21 pm

So sad today that there will be no more Hostess.. what will the children of the future do?
Sad RIP TWINKE THE KID Images11
extenzegrl
extenzegrl
National Vice President

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

RIP TWINKE THE KID Empty Re: RIP TWINKE THE KID

Post by Reb Stew November 16th 2012, 11:28 pm

I happy that the worker stood up for themselves. People should have to put up working crazy hours for no money. 18000 workers, 94% I think it was voted not to take what the company was wanting to give them. I don't think it's gone. Someone will come in and take it over. If people stood up for themselves like these workers did we wouldn't have million dollar companies pay nothing to their worker! I don't want to hear the company is broke either. Maybe they should have all those guys taking trips to crazy places and using company money like it's their own. It's sad to see so many not going to work on Monday but I think it will work itself out before it gets too bad. At least I hope so.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 November 17th 2012, 12:05 am

if they didn't like the job, move on, that's what I did, when my union IBEW SCREWED me hard without a reach around, I figured out what that union crap was all about, but grandpa needed them in 1922 in Harlan, they were REALLY being screwed...Nothing like the Hostess
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by John B November 17th 2012, 12:39 am

This guy sure didn't help the strikers case any.

https://youtu.be/pqUqgSW2NEs

My friend Lora went to work in a clinic in WV. She had been working at a nursing home till she was offered this job. We all know that nursing homes are typically low paying so you'd think that she'd be doing better at the new job. WRONG. After union dues and other union fees, she makes a couple dollars less then she did before. So much for a better quality of life. She's looking for a second job right now.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew November 17th 2012, 1:41 am

That dude needs help, him and his families.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas November 17th 2012, 4:22 am

John,
I was IBEW for 26 years. When I saw the light and resigned (the way they said I was supposed to) there was E-board trial, they found me guilty of working for a non-union shop after I resigned and levied a $10,000.00 fine against me. Then had the nerve to try and get me to help organize the shop I went to work for. They can't organize us though. We pay better than the IBEW here has negotiated and our people have better benifits. I can't say it is always true but our guys would be worse off if they were organized.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous November 17th 2012, 5:09 am

I'm setting here eating a Twinkie right now. Bought the last box at the store to make sure my daughter would have one. The bread portion was sold off some time ago. One can only hope that the name will remain since it's a real part of Americana. The chocolate cream filled cup cakes are the breakfast of Champions. Had one of them with a Pepsi and a Lucky Strike for breakfast for years. Maybe that's why I'm in such good health.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum