{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early ford axles,wishbones and spindles

2 posters

Go down

Early ford axles,wishbones and spindles Empty Early ford axles,wishbones and spindles

Post by junkyard junky October 8th 2012, 2:10 am

I have a model a axle with the wishbones still attached. Spindles are by themself. I have the kingpins somewhere. Came out from under a running and driving vehicle. The owner wanted an IFS. I bought this several years ago and never used it. $150 for all. I'm located in glasgow,ky

I also have a 46-48 ford car front axle with the wishbones still attached. $125.

I have more parts to add.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Early ford axles,wishbones and spindles Empty Re: Early ford axles,wishbones and spindles

Post by dieseldr January 3rd 2013, 2:53 am

Would the 48 axle go under a 34 fordor to make the juice brakes conversion? I'm in NY, so gettin it here will be a PITA. Thanks.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Early ford axles,wishbones and spindles Empty Re: Early ford axles,wishbones and spindles

Post by junkyard junky January 4th 2013, 11:13 pm

A 48 axle will have the spring in front of the axle, not on top. I'm thing all you will need on a 34 to make it have hydraulic brakes is later model backing plates.1941 and down. I'll check for sure.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 5th 2013, 1:19 am

Wouldn't the spring ahead of the axle lower the car? I realize it will also shorten the wheel base, but will it lower it too? Just thinkin out loud. (can't you hear the grinding noise?)
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky January 5th 2013, 6:02 am

It might be lower a little bit but not much. You'll probably need to get a reverse eye spring. If thats not enough, you'll probably need a dropped axle.

Here is the 34 my buddy is building. Previous car he built was a coupe.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710239

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down